ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crowes vid here (sorry NSC) Return to archive
January 17th, 2006 11:25 PM
Saint Sway Below is a link to a cool short Crowes film.

I posted it here bc I thought some Stones fans might dig the Keef riff in the tune.

The song is an unreleased tune. Its a struttin Stones-style boogie called "Words You Throwaway".
Very cool KEEF RIFF!!! Very 70s Richards/Taylor/Humble Pie/Faces.

The video has some interviews w/Chris & Rich narrated over the song. The vid features all backstage tour footage. The grainy b&w footage only adds to the 70s time warp that they live and breath.

I hope you dig it.
http://nugs.net/vault/jk2006_Words_You_Throw_Away.mov
January 17th, 2006 11:26 PM
Saint Sway fyi... it takes a few minutes to load. So be patient.
January 17th, 2006 11:42 PM
gypsymofo60 Unfortunately, I have the attention span of a gnat.
I shall try again later.
January 18th, 2006 03:30 AM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Below is a link to a cool short Crowes film.

I posted it here bc I thought some Stones fans might dig the Keef riff in the tune.

The song is an unreleased tune. Its a struttin Stones-style boogie called "Words You Throwaway".
Very cool KEEF RIFF!!! Very 70s Richards/Taylor/Humble Pie/Faces.

Great !! Many thanks, that's realy a good song, didn't know that one.
January 18th, 2006 03:36 AM
wisertime I just realised I have this song on a B-sides compilation I haven't really listened to yet, it was the b-side of "Hotel Illness". Yeah !!

http://www.crowesbase.com/songlisting.cfm?SongID=253
[Edited by wisertime]
January 18th, 2006 05:05 PM
Saint Sway is the b-side version live or a studio outtake?
January 18th, 2006 05:20 PM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
is the b-side version live or a studio outtake?

It's the studio version. Thanks again Saint Sway, I really discovered this song today watching to this video.
January 18th, 2006 06:51 PM
IrelandCalling4 Thanks very much SaintSway,that was excellent!!!

Lately I've been rediscovering my love of this great bandchecking out some Crowes websites an' all that.

Was a huge fan since '92 and 'Southern Harmony & Musical Companion" and right up to the tasty rock'n'roll stylings of 'By Your Side',but,lost touch with them after that -- haven't even heard 'Lions' yet^

Saw them 4 times in Dublin,and they were brilliant each time --(may get the years wrong here^)'95(twice)/'97 &'99. The show in '99 is still one of the best rock'n'roll shows I've been to,they encored with 'Jailhouse Rock',and,even better,followed that with a rip-roaring version of 'Happy'* Memories...

Thanks again for 'Words you throwaway..',it's a great song! Must dig out & revel in the majesty of my old Crowes albums,and visit the websites..see what they're up to in 2006!

A Top-10 Crowes Gold: 10 of the Most Glorious Celebrations of Rock'n'Roll

Twice As Hard
Bad luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
Hotel Illness
NonFiction
Wiser Time
Descending
Good Friday
Only Halfway to Everywhere
Virtue and Vice
Kicking My Heart Around.

[Edited by IrelandCalling4]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)