ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Canada Return to archive
January 17th, 2006 12:57 PM
jb I really love the people form our Northern neighbor....they are so nice, polite, and generally great Stones fans(sans Rogers Sadium). I have met some really nice Canadian people this tour and not one has told me to "fuck-off" yet. I look forward to meeting many more in New York and hopefully at least one will tell me to "fuck-off".
January 17th, 2006 12:59 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I look forward to meeting many more in New York and hopefully at least one will tell me to "fuck-off".

[ Edited by ss ]
[Edited by Joey]
January 17th, 2006 01:09 PM
gimmekeef jb....I'm Canadian!.....glad you seem to like folks from my native land..lotsa Stones fans there..and Rogers was a great night...
January 17th, 2006 02:09 PM
dob99 There are also a lot of French Canadian fans of the Stones in the Province of Quebec. In the shows here in Montreal, Mick Jagger speaks French for some of the introductions of the songs (and English of course).
January 17th, 2006 02:19 PM
Schooner333 Hey jb, I'm Canadian, unfortunately I won't be going to NY, but it will make you feel any better, I can tell you to fuck off right here.

FUCK OFF EH!
January 17th, 2006 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
Schooner333 wrote:
Hey jb, I'm Canadian, unfortunately I won't be going to NY, but it will make you feel any better, I can tell you to fuck off right here.

FUCK OFF EH!

Thanks!!!! and say hi to http://www.canadians.ca/more/profiles/c/c_leonard_cohen.htm
for me!!!
January 17th, 2006 02:32 PM
Joey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4617398.stm

" Iran's key nuclear sites "
" With international concerns running high over Iran's nuclear programme, use the map below to find out more about its key nuclear facilities.

BUSHEHR - Nuclear power station

Iran's nuclear programme began in 1974 with plans to build a nuclear power station at Bushehr with German assistance.
The project was abandoned because of the Islamic revolution five years later, but revived in 1992 when Tehran signed an agreement with Russia to resume work at the site.

There are two pressurised water reactors at the site - one reportedly near completion.

ISFAHAN - Uranium conversion plant

Iran is building a plant here to convert uranium ore into three forms:

Hexafluoride gas - used in gas centrifuges
Uranium oxide - used to fuel reactors, albeit not the type Iran is constructing
Metal - often used in the cores of nuclear bombs. The IAEA is concerned about the metal's use, as Iran's reactors do not require it as fuel.

NATANZ - Uranium enrichment plant

Iran suspended work on an uranium enrichment plant at Natanz in 2003 - but has recently reopened the facility.
In 2003, a leaked International Atomic Energy Agency report said that weapons-grade uranium had been found in samples taken from the site, although Iran blamed contaminated imported equipment, and an independent report later confirmed this.

According to some estimates, when complete, Natanz could house some 50,000 advanced gas centrifuges, which would produce enough weapons-grade uranium to produce more than 20 weapons per year.

Other estimates suggest the plant will have a total of 5,000 centrifuges when initial stages of the project are completed. With that number, Iran would be able to produce sufficient enriched uranium to make a small number of nuclear weapons each year.

ARAK - Heavy water plant

The apparent existence of a heavy water facility near the town of Arak first emerged with the publication of satellite images by the US-based Institute for Science and International Security in December 2002.
Heavy water is used to moderate the nuclear fission chain reaction either in a certain type of reactor - albeit not the type that Iran is currently building - or produce plutonium for use in a nuclear bomb. "

January 17th, 2006 02:32 PM
jb I was in Boston..how is Ariel doing?
January 17th, 2006 02:38 PM
Schooner333 Enjoy the show in NY, hope you run into more of us nice Canadian's. If I was there I'd buy you a beer, but since I won't be I think I'll just drink one for you now!
January 17th, 2006 04:14 PM
taz22 JB....aka Mr. L......I am sure you will meet some great Canadian fans at the New York show.....I believe 'medicinejar' ( Ottawa Shidoobee ) will be at the concert!

Have fun!
January 17th, 2006 04:24 PM
jb
quote:
taz22 wrote:
JB....aka Mr. L......I am sure you will meet some great Canadian fans at the New York show.....I believe 'medicinejar' ( Ottawa Shidoobee ) will be at the concert!

Have fun!

I met again such a great couple in Boston!!! Saw them at 4 seasons for begiinning of tour and this week as well. They gave me and son the Candadian tounge pins!!!! They were really cool and he lurks and knew me, and "got it"..........
[Edited by jb]
January 17th, 2006 04:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I met again such a great couple in Boston!!! Saw them at 4 seasons for begiinning of tour and this week as well. They gave me and son the Candadian tounge pins!!!! They were really cool and he lurks and knew me, and "got it"..........
[Edited by jb]

isnt it strange how several members of the boards talk about how they will tell us off/throw drinks in our face/punch us and when we meet members of the boards, everyone is nice and sincere. I enjoy meeting fellow fans and am still waiting for one of the "enemies" to make their move.
January 17th, 2006 04:56 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

isnt it strange how several members of the boards talk about how they will tell us off/throw drinks in our face/punch us and when we meet members of the boards, everyone is nice and sincere. I enjoy meeting fellow fans and am still waiting for one of the "enemies" to make their move.

All the enmeies have been squashed...
It's love fest 2006...
January 17th, 2006 05:22 PM
glencar Canada's aboot to elect a new leader!
January 17th, 2006 05:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Canada's aboot to elect a new leader!

Hi Blue ............................

January 17th, 2006 05:50 PM
glencar Hi Joey. I hear Hillary(sic) will be our next fearless elader.
January 17th, 2006 08:29 PM
taz22 Almost forgot......My Canada includes Quebec!
January 17th, 2006 08:49 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Joey wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4617398.stm

" Iran's key nuclear sites "
" With international concerns running high over Iran's nuclear programme, use the map below to find out more about its key nuclear facilities.

BUSHEHR - Nuclear power station

Iran's nuclear programme began in 1974 with plans to build a nuclear power station at Bushehr with German assistance.
The project was abandoned because of the Islamic revolution five years later, but revived in 1992 when Tehran signed an agreement with Russia to resume work at the site.

There are two pressurised water reactors at the site - one reportedly near completion.

ISFAHAN - Uranium conversion plant

Iran is building a plant here to convert uranium ore into three forms:

Hexafluoride gas - used in gas centrifuges
Uranium oxide - used to fuel reactors, albeit not the type Iran is constructing
Metal - often used in the cores of nuclear bombs. The IAEA is concerned about the metal's use, as Iran's reactors do not require it as fuel.

NATANZ - Uranium enrichment plant

Iran suspended work on an uranium enrichment plant at Natanz in 2003 - but has recently reopened the facility.
In 2003, a leaked International Atomic Energy Agency report said that weapons-grade uranium had been found in samples taken from the site, although Iran blamed contaminated imported equipment, and an independent report later confirmed this.

According to some estimates, when complete, Natanz could house some 50,000 advanced gas centrifuges, which would produce enough weapons-grade uranium to produce more than 20 weapons per year.

Other estimates suggest the plant will have a total of 5,000 centrifuges when initial stages of the project are completed. With that number, Iran would be able to produce sufficient enriched uranium to make a small number of nuclear weapons each year.

ARAK - Heavy water plant

The apparent existence of a heavy water facility near the town of Arak first emerged with the publication of satellite images by the US-based Institute for Science and International Security in December 2002.
Heavy water is used to moderate the nuclear fission chain reaction either in a certain type of reactor - albeit not the type that Iran is currently building - or produce plutonium for use in a nuclear bomb. "

.....OK everybody- Here we go again, dadada it's a luvaley war in TEEE RAN yes it's a luvaleey war.

Please not Iraq all over again please.
We impose sanctions, Iran freezes oil supplies and just to give enough needle to Moscow freezes them out too to gain their sympathy. Where does Russian oil predominately come from?........

So we go in
SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Standoff in The Iranian desert. "Guns Of August."

Will cooler heads prevail? Or are The Illuminati getting their end time scenario? FUCKIT I GIVE UP!
Let those suckers fly- 10:4.
January 18th, 2006 11:29 AM
polytoxic

JB for Prime Minister!

January 18th, 2006 04:38 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
JB for Prime Minister!

Canada has tradition of electing Prime Ministers with 3 qualities: 1) wealthy 2) a lawyer and, 3) from Quebec. Two outta three ain't bad...

"You shall be greeted" would work nicely into the election campaign, too.
January 18th, 2006 08:02 PM
gypsymofo60 When Canada cut it's ties with Britain(The Colonial part of Canada), why did it not begin electing a president?

I have to admit too being rather vague about Canadian politics.
January 18th, 2006 11:52 PM
Make It Funky Er, because we're still a part of the Commonwealth. If you look at a traditional world map, all of the 16 pink coloured countries are of the British Commonwealth. (ie: Australia, Jamaica, Barbados, Canada etc).

We also have a Governor General, named Michaelle Jean, who is the first African Canadian to hold this title. The Gov.General speaks on behalf of the Queen, also acting as Commander in Chief, for the military.

For all intents and purposes, our Prime Minister is equally as powerful as any other national leader, we just have a few other formalities and liasons for traditional / figurehead purposes...

PS: Canada Rocks!
Cheers.
January 19th, 2006 12:03 AM
Brainbell Jangler Josh:
Leonard Cohen? Well done, sir.
January 19th, 2006 12:20 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Er, because we're still a part of the Commonwealth. If you look at a traditional world map, all of the 16 pink coloured countries are of the British Commonwealth. (ie: Australia, Jamaica, Barbados, Canada etc).

We also have a Governor General, named Michaelle Jean, who is the first African Canadian to hold this title. The Gov.General speaks on behalf of the Queen, also acting as Commander in Chief, for the military.

For all intents and purposes, our Prime Minister is equally as powerful as any other national leader, we just have a few other formalities and liasons for traditional / figurehead purposes...

PS: Canada Rocks!
Cheers.

...Well that's all very interesting thankyou sir.
Mind you old chap, no need to begin in such a snidey, pompous manner. I quote; "Er"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)