ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 May Quit Touring (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 17th, 2006 09:38 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I wouldn't be too jubilant about this report; it may mean an Edge solo album and tour (he can sing very well)

.......Yes! He can sing very well. Numb was no indication of that fact, but his back ups on Sunday Bloody Sunday 'LIVE' are.
January 17th, 2006 09:45 PM
gypsymofo60 I don't care much for their current stuff, but I was a fan, and having said that I don't want people just pointing fingers at The Stones whining till doomsday saying, "See only the Stones couldn't give it up after they grew up."

I hope U2 and as many bands as possible continue to show the talentless lackies of today What can be achieved beyond kowtowing to record companies and overrated producers.

Eminem as the future of white popular music? God-forbid!
January 17th, 2006 10:29 PM
jb U2 sucks cock....they are not in the same league as the Stones, Who, LZ, Springsteen, Petty, Crowes, and many others...they have achieved great fame and popularity by coming of age during thr MTV 80's when the Stones tuned out and lost a generation of fans....they also have a great marketing team tied into ther newest products that their fans demographics use(see Ipods, Computers, etc). People are also, naievely in awe of Bonner's so-called calling out of worlds leaders for debt reduction, etc, when in reality, he is as phony as it gets. They have a few listenable tunes....I will admit, I actually can listen to one of their songs called, ironically, "One"....But they have no groove, Bono is no Mick on stage, the Edge ain't no Keith or even Ronnie for that matter, Larry Mullens Jr., while a seemingly nice guy, is no Charlie(although somone posted on a board he was much better than Charlie-LMFAO). The bassist, Adam Clayton(?) , could never compare to Wyman, but gets kudos for banging super-model bitch Naomi Campbell for a few years...other than that, pure cock-sucking wannabees who have the nerve to think thy are the biggest/greatest band in the world....we won the US gross pussies!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
January 17th, 2006 10:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
U2 sucks cock....they are not in the same league as the Stones, Who, LZ, Springsteen, Petty, Crowes, and many others...they have achieved great fame and popularity by coming of age during thr MTV 80's when the Stones tuned out and lost a generation of fans....they also have a greta marketing team tied into ther newest productsd that their age demographics use(see Ipods, computers, etc), and people are in awe of Bonner's so-called calling out of worlds leaders for debt reduction, etc, when in reality, he is a s phony as it gets. They have a few listenable tunes....I will admit, I actually can listen to oneof their songs called, ironically, "One"....But they have no grove, Bono is no Mick on stage, the Edge ain't no Keith or even Ronnie for that matter, and larry Mullens Jr., while a seemingly nice guy, is no Charlie(although somone posted ona board he was much better than Charlie-LMFAO). The bassist, Adam Clayton(?) , could never compare to Wyman, but gets kudos for banging super-model bitch Naomi Campbell for a few years...other than that, pure cock-sucking wannabees who have the nerve to think thy are the biggest/greatest band in the world....we won the US gross pussies!!!!!

Thankfully Josh says what I resist from posting! Bravo!
January 17th, 2006 10:34 PM
jb We will never allow this board to become a U2 santuary....
January 17th, 2006 10:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We will never allow this board to become a U2 santuary....

hold a tight perimiter...we are under heavy attack!
January 17th, 2006 10:38 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

hold a tight perimiter...we are under heavy attack!

We have limited time left..Our "Golden Age" of posting is over.........after possible US mini-tour, I'm retiring. Let the Beatles, U2, Macca, Aerosmith and other non-stones fans take control.....it ain't happening while I'm still posting.
[Edited by jb]
January 17th, 2006 10:41 PM
parmeda Go Joshy, go! Post! Post! Post!
January 17th, 2006 10:42 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Go Joshy, go! Post! Post! Post!

You shall be greeted in NYC ........I will give yiou my cell and we shall meet at "Juniors"..great cheesecake!!!!
January 17th, 2006 10:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

We have limited time left..Our "Golden Age" of posting is over.........after possible US mini-tour, I'm retiring. Let the Beatles, U2, Macca, Aerosmith and other non-stones fans take control.....it ain't happening while I'm still posting.
[Edited by jb]

it has already been suggested that we retire early...I suggest we stay around just to help others dreams come true (as we have for many already) On days we dont post the board is about as exciting as an Eagles concert. We will sorely missed, but we can only take the attacks for so long.

Sadly, If not for us, U2, Macca, Aerosmith and others would have won by now...we are the last line of defense. Thankfully we won gross tour dollars!
January 17th, 2006 10:46 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it has already been suggested that we retire early...I suggest we stay around just to help others dreams come true (as we have for many already) On days we dont post the board is about as exciting as an Eagles concert. We will sorely missed, but we can only take the attacks for so long.

Sadly, If not for us, U2, Macca, Aerosmith and others would have won by now...we are the last line of defense. Thankfully we won gross tour dollars!

Joey will remain....and he seems to bring the best out of others....the board, as Keith says about the Stones and his /Mick's r/s, is bigger than us all. We are,however, simply the best thing to ever happen to all the boards...we make dreams come true and keep these boards vibrant and alive!!!
January 17th, 2006 10:49 PM
parmeda Are your speakers on, jb?

You must be in heaven, no?
January 17th, 2006 10:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Are your speakers on, jb?

You must be in heaven, no?

this has been the best news I have heard all week! During a tough week, this is great.

Pammy, I sadly will probably have to miss the shows next week....but still keep me posted if a ticket comes up for us...i will see what I can do
January 17th, 2006 10:52 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:

Joey will remain....and he seems to bring the best out of others....the board, as Keith says about the Stones and his /Mick's r/s, is bigger than us all. We are,however, simply the best thing to ever happen to all the boards...we make dreams come true and keep these boards vibrant and alive!!!

..........JB You will NOT, I repeat NOT retire.

For where art thou Josh when all are but fled.
(Morganinthians 7:2.
January 17th, 2006 10:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:

sadly, joey will have no choice but to post the JB EULOGY again...i sense a potential transition!
January 17th, 2006 10:55 PM
jb
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:

I am very sorry about the Aussie "snub" this tour...You, Corgi and SIA really deserved it....but like South America and Mexico, U2 gobbled you up!!!! No market for the boys...

P.S.-stay the fuck out of the water!!!
January 17th, 2006 10:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I am very sorry about the Aussie "snub" this tour...You, Corgi and SIA really deserved it....but like South America and Mexico, U2 gobbled you up!!!! No market for the boys...

I have warned many about the dangers of fish, aquatic mammals, and crustaceans...but do they listen....hell no!

U2 has ruined three-four continents now....i fear Antarctica is next
January 17th, 2006 11:04 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

this has been the best news I have heard all week! During a tough week, this is great.

Pammy, I sadly will probably have to miss the shows next week....but still keep me posted if a ticket comes up for us...i will see what I can do

You're joking!

What happened?

No Billy Goats?

I'm even going to produce tele for cryin' out loud!
January 17th, 2006 11:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

You're joking!

What happened?

No Billy Goats?

I'm even going to produce tele for cryin' out loud!

serious as can be.....I was hoping to greet tele at a Voodoo Pugs show...but alas...he was always too busy, at least you made it out to see us at Hogs and Honeys!

Looks like I will be a daddy again sooner than I thought!

January 17th, 2006 11:13 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:

Australia unfortunately has never been a priority to the organisation. Facts are facts and we have to realise we are not very important in the global scheme of all things, not just where The Stones are concerned.

I don't blame anyone, not even U2.
Another Oz tour is just too costly only 3 years after the last one. I always knew when they made it the last, which this may well be, Australia would miss out.

It is just reality.
January 17th, 2006 11:15 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
serious as can be.....I was hoping to greet tele at a Voodoo Pugs show...but alas...he was always too busy, at least you made it out to see us at Hogs and Honeys!

Looks like I will be a daddy again sooner than I thought!

Well then...now that you put it like that! You need to take care of business, my friend. I thought you and the wife were still in the "safe zone" with a few weeks to spare. Are we talkin' the big "C"?

...aunty parmy wants to know!

Oh! and tele...if he can keep his shoes on long enough to shuffle into the city, lmao...he's comin'
January 17th, 2006 11:17 PM
gypsymofo60 If you invite yourself into a sharks backyard you have to accept the fuckers have ravenous appetites.

I love these wankers who say,"OH the shark doesn't mean to eat people, they think you're a seal."

What Bollocks YOURE MEAT. End of story

I shall swim contented. Fear not.
January 18th, 2006 02:18 PM
Dan At least Australia got a Motley Crue/Motorhead tour. Thats gotta count for something!
January 18th, 2006 08:06 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Dan wrote:
At least Australia got a Motley Crue/Motorhead tour. Thats gotta count for something!

.....It don't register on my excitment meter.
Nah!....Still soft
Aint gettin' rigid at all.
January 18th, 2006 09:30 PM
corgi37 Corgi and the Puppies. PM me a contract. hahaha

But, i'll tell ya what the fucking problem is. The useless cunts didnt tour here from 73-95. Thats maybe 3 generations of rock fans only watching them prance around on tv and video. They didnt cultivate the audience here. Hence, we make bands like the Police huge stars. We fawned over countless Elton John tours. Hell, WE were the sorry convict assholes that made ABBA stars! True! We broke them worldwide!

The truly heart breaking thing is, apart from b2b & steel wheels tours that we missed out on, people really want them to come here. The buzz is amazing. GOLD FM is playing so many Stones songs a day, its wonderful.

Such a pity they treat us with disdain and have things arranged at the last minute.
[Edited by corgi37]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)