ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What would you pick? Return to archive
January 16th, 2006 08:38 AM
Scratched Back if its true that the vaults are opened once the stones retire...

would you want them to retire asap?

or

would you wanna wait a further 8 years, get a new cd, a 50+ tour and rarities pt 2 first?
January 16th, 2006 08:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Scratched Back wrote:
if its true that the vaults are opened once the stones retire...

would you want them to retire asap?

or

would you wanna wait a further 8 years, get a new cd, a 50+ tour and rarities pt 2 first?

good question.

I d like them to retire if all they want to do for their fans is to perform warhorses in half filled stadiums with giant screen and inflatables.
If they got another plan a la Licks (those arenas and clubs shows were so hot!) save a tix for me!!
just my 2 cents.

Cheers
jU
January 16th, 2006 09:23 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I want them to go on for as long as pos. But as soon as one of the four goes, they should stop
January 17th, 2006 06:09 AM
Jumping Jack Don't Stop.
January 17th, 2006 08:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I want them to go on for as long as pos. But as soon as one of the four goes, they should stop

agree with that although I personally dont want them to keep performing just for the sake of it. There has to be some kind of artistic purpose to it.

If the excuse for the next tour is an even bigger 40 Licks Redux than this one, aimed at corporate fans for the sole purpose of feeding their egoes by being the biggest grossing act, then theres no point to it as it'll have become a bad joke.

Unfortunately, I think thats the way its going to go, unless the Stones suddenly get a Damascus-style conversion and focus their energies more on the music that made them great instead of the business decisions that made them rich.
January 17th, 2006 09:04 AM
Maxlugar The vaults will probably be opened by their wives or kids after they die.

I'd like to see the vaults opened catelog-style, where everything is offered and you can choose anything you want by shopping on a website designed specifically for this.

Yes, I'll take 2 DVD copies of MSG 1975, Unreleased tracks 1972 through 1978 and a CD of Oakland live 1969 please.

Proceed to checkout...

January 17th, 2006 09:42 AM
Jumping Jack Archieved material will only be available at the shows on the next tour. You know, the one with $500 minimum tickets.
January 17th, 2006 10:13 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'd like to see the vaults opened catelog-style, where everything is offered and you can choose anything you want by shopping on a website designed specifically for this.

You raise an interesting point my 8th Street for lunchin' pal ................. I too would like to see the vaults opened catalog( sic ) style whilst selecting ..........................WAIT !!!!!!

********** END TRANSMISSION ***********
January 18th, 2006 08:16 AM
zonked77 I would want them to keep going if they chose and were able. After one them passes though maybe it should be time to say goodbye.

It would be impossible for me to imagine them on stage with some other guy picking up the spot wherever needed. Maybe fans might still buy and go see the Stones if it were Ronnie who retired or passed. Unfortunately Ron's amazing talent and his contribution to THAT sound and vibe that only the Stones have isn't always appreciated IMO.
The way Ron and Keith play off of each other is like two lovers surrendering to each other in perfect sync.

However I agree, if any of the four retires or passes away, goodbye; at least from the arena circuit. I could see a performance here and there maybe even an "Unplugged" type of deal. Hmm, I would love to see RS Unplugged in a real intimate setting...

The originals who are there have been there for so long now that it wouldn't work if they were to continue with new members like the Temptations.
I'm basically as big a fan of KISS as I am of The Stones and the spectacle that has been made of that band is putrid. The Stones are still releasing NEW material and I will support them 100%. KISS on the other hand with 'replacements' running around in KISS drag that only the originals should wear, over merchandising and no new material since the last 90's has turned it into a nostalgia act but that is another discussion...lol

Tiffani

January 18th, 2006 06:35 PM
Soldatti Give me another 8 years and I'll give you an answer.
January 18th, 2006 06:38 PM
speedfreakjive If they stuck to only club shows, i'd want them to tour, since it would be the ultimate Stones gig, bar being at tours 69 - 82.
January 18th, 2006 07:42 PM
Gimme Shelter I don't know, it would be hard to get used to not having the Stones around.
January 18th, 2006 07:50 PM
texile i want them to be a vital, relevant entity - like an old film director with something to say and the passion to say it.
otherwise, STOP and i'll just lose myself in the vaults.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)