ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Outtakes\rareities Return to archive
January 13th, 2006 08:03 AM
gypsymofo60 Instead of the rareities set Virgin/The Stones recently blessed us with, what about giving the people some real grit?.......Just a few suggestions but, what about 'And I was A Country Boy ' with some fine production + lyrics? I'll write 'em. Decent production/ raising the vocals etc, on Highway Child? Still A fool? Claudine? Fiji Jim?

We all moan about what's not on 40 Licks type compilations, or what's not. What I'd love to see is a real rareities set. I'd pay a small fortune to get my hands on a finely produced rareities set. Preferably a 3 cd set. 100 Pounds wouldn't be out of the question.
January 13th, 2006 08:08 AM
Jumacfly Agree with you.
but such a project is not that bankable for Cohl and the $tone$.
January 13th, 2006 08:10 AM
corgi37 Only when they are no longer the Stones will we get such treasures that are currently locked away.
January 13th, 2006 08:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Instead of the rareities set Virgin/The Stones recently blessed us with, what about giving the people some real grit?.......Just a few suggestions but, what about 'And I was A Country Boy ' with some fine production + lyrics? I'll write 'em. Decent production/ raising the vocals etc, on Highway Child? Still A fool? Claudine? Fiji Jim?

We all moan about what's not on 40 Licks type compilations, or what's not. What I'd love to see is a real rareities set. I'd pay a small fortune to get my hands on a finely produced rareities set. Preferably a 3 cd set. 100 Pounds wouldn't be out of the question.

the upcoming part 2 of the "Pirates of the vaults" series being treed here will consist of leftover songs such as this. Feel free to sign up when it becomes available (or just download it from the torrent tracker)

Of course, what we have available is the tip of the iceberg. As youve suggested there could hopefully be 'finished' versions of many of these songs in the archives somewhere

January 13th, 2006 08:19 AM
egon Rarities 2 will blow you away!
January 13th, 2006 08:21 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the upcoming part 2 of the "Pirates of the vaults" series being treed here will consist of leftover songs such as this. Feel free to sign up when it becomes available (or just download it from the torrent tracker)

Gaz,

I was to late to sign up.

but recently i took a crash course in bittorren
an am now complete set up.

So where can i find the torrent for this?
January 13th, 2006 09:15 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Of course, what we have available is the tip of the iceberg. As youve suggested there could hopefully be 'finished' versions of many of these songs in the archives somewhere

....Sincere thanx Gazza. I know I get up your nose at times, I'm a bombastic creep at times, but it's all in fun. Besides anyone who loved Georgie's gotta be cool. I cried the night he died, how did you react? He was an absolute genius. My first idol. And I've had three. George, Jagger & Keef. God bless! I'll look for the tree, hope by then I can help out.
January 13th, 2006 10:55 AM
Saint Sway The Stones new "Rarities" cd is a hardcore fans dream come true. A treasure trove of never before released Stones nuggets.

a must own!!!!

where else can you find the live El Mocambo recording of "Mannish Boy"??

fantastic!

thank you Stones for making your fans dreams come true!!

gosh, I hope they play Start Me Up, HTW, Brown Sugar and Miss You at the show

The Rolling Stones care about their fans!!!!!
January 13th, 2006 11:06 AM
Jair Well, fuck them big time, that's what I think.

I'm sure that WHEN somebody decide to release those treasures, we'll be dead, buried, cremeted, or eaten by the worms.

Its kinda the same about those fucking Neil Young "missing six".

Who cares NOW if he finally released them about two/three ago, after years of fans beggin for it?

January 13th, 2006 11:42 AM
glencar All good things in due course, Jair...
January 13th, 2006 11:58 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
All good things in due course, Jair...

I don't believe! Are you serious?
You have no idea how mad I wanted listen those Neil Youngs ten years ago!!!

January 13th, 2006 12:11 PM
glencar I'm sure when the group retires, the troves will be opened.
January 13th, 2006 01:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
....Sincere thanx Gazza. I know I get up your nose at times, I'm a bombastic creep at times, but it's all in fun. Besides anyone who loved Georgie's gotta be cool. I cried the night he died, how did you react? He was an absolute genius. My first idol. And I've had three. George, Jagger & Keef. God bless! I'll look for the tree, hope by then I can help out.

you dont really get up my nose at all,mate

Pretty much any disagreement I've had with anyone is over and forgotten about within a few minutes as far as I'm concerned. You're no exception.

and yep, I took it quite badly! Looks like we'll be renaming the city's airport after him within the next few months, which I think is pretty cool.
January 13th, 2006 01:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:

Gaz,

I was to late to sign up.

but recently i took a crash course in bittorren
an am now complete set up.

So where can i find the torrent for this?

Good to hear you've joined the 'revolution' !

Thomas (silkcut1978) will be uploading it in the next few days..the info will be posted in the bit torrent thread. However, as youre coming to NY on Wednesday, its probably easier if I bring you copies of the discs personally
January 13th, 2006 01:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
Well, fuck them big time, that's what I think.

I'm sure that WHEN somebody decide to release those treasures, we'll be dead, buried, cremeted, or eaten by the worms.

Its kinda the same about those fucking Neil Young "missing six".

Who cares NOW if he finally released them about two/three ago, after years of fans beggin for it?

Do you mean the Neil CDs like "On The Beach" etc which were finally released on CD a couple of years ago, or do you mean the long awaited "Archives" project?

I think the Neil Young "Archives" series is pretty close to finally being released (I think it was first talked about as far back as 1987, as a follow up to 'Decade' to mark his 20th year as a recording artist). It will probably be a multi DVD set as well as being released on CD (and it'll be a lot more than 6 CDs - I would think anything from 15 or 20 discs is possible)
January 13th, 2006 01:32 PM
marko Well,rarities is a missed opportunity.
You can mannish boy on love you live album.
And most of the other tracks were on "Flashpoint/collectibles" album,which btw WAS a very nice release.And all the singles they released at that time.
January 13th, 2006 01:36 PM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Do you mean the Neil CDs like "On The Beach" etc which were finally released on CD a couple of years ago, or do you mean the long awaited "Archives" project?

(...)

Yes, I was talking about the others, not the "arquives" you mentioned.

January 13th, 2006 02:35 PM
rough-justice Well I held off with this cd, thinking the quality would be not much better than the boot copies. Maybe I have been mistaken.
January 13th, 2006 03:32 PM
glencar Yoo should buy it. It's got some good points.
January 13th, 2006 04:53 PM
texile we'll never get that shit on an official release.
the stones have no historical perspective whatsoever of thier legacy.
if it happened 2 years ago, they don't care.
January 14th, 2006 08:57 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown I have a 3 CD set called More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be. It has
many UNRELEASED songs from the 1963-1971 era. It is magnificant. Got mine off of eBay for $30.00 about a year ago.
I downloaded it into my computer and put the CD away for safekeeping.
January 16th, 2006 07:58 AM
Jair
quote:
WhenTheWhipComesDown wrote:
I have a 3 CD set called More Stoned Than You'll Ever Be. It has
many UNRELEASED songs from the 1963-1971 era. It is magnificant. Got mine off of eBay for $30.00 about a year ago.
I downloaded it into my computer and put the CD away for safekeeping.

Damitt, I dont believe - send it to me!!!
January 16th, 2006 12:28 PM
mrt more stoned has being remastered with reelin and a rocking as a hidden song.look for it on ebay
January 17th, 2006 08:35 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yoo should buy it. It's got some good points.

Yes, like Ambulance Blues, and many others.
January 17th, 2006 06:05 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you dont really get up my nose at all,mate

Pretty much any disagreement I've had with anyone is over and forgotten about within a few minutes as far as I'm concerned. You're no exception.

and yep, I took it quite badly! Looks like we'll be renaming the city's airport after him within the next few months, which I think is pretty cool.

...The George Best Airport, yeah! I like that. They could stick a giant pair of Stylo Matchmakers on the roof. Let me know about your rareities tree when you can.
January 17th, 2006 06:06 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
rough-justice wrote:
Well I held off with this cd, thinking the quality would be not much better than the boot copies. Maybe I have been mistaken.

..Email is not recieving mate. check your PM
January 17th, 2006 06:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
...The George Best Airport, yeah! I like that. They could stick a giant pair of Stylo Matchmakers on the roof. Let me know about your rareities tree when you can.

no problem..there'll be a "sticky" thread when its available..probably in a few weeks
January 17th, 2006 06:15 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no problem..there'll be a "sticky" thread when its available..probably in a few weeks

....Late night Gazza? Cheers mate, have a good week.
January 17th, 2006 06:19 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
....Late night Gazza? Cheers mate, have a good week.

Did you just send me a sound bite of The Stones or am I stoned?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)