ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The future of music Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 14th, 2006 01:43 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
With all the advances in recorded music technology it is ridiculous that we are now listening to music at a far lower definition than evr before. The digital recording process removes us more and more from the instruments, voices and sound affects and studio acoustics. Analogue is still the closest thing to live music. I also have it on good authority that we are nearing the end as far as technicaly enhancing the music is concerned. ipods? What shit!

Word.

I'm keepin' my records and turntable, dammit! I remember all those fools that started selling that stuff off in the '80s.

What about the great liner notes and photos in record albums?!? Much better that CDs, I say. So if you go to a smaller format, you just get less of that great peripheral artistic material.

quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:
what happens when you lose your iPod after you threw away or sold you cds? what if it gets run over by a bus?

Dumbass iPod users!
January 16th, 2006 12:37 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

Word.

I'm keepin' my records and turntable, dammit! I remember all those fools that started selling that stuff off in the '80s.

What about the great liner notes and photos in record albums?!? Much better that CDs, I say. So if you go to a smaller format, you just get less of that great peripheral artistic material.

Dumbass iPod users!

Hey Peça Rara.... let's arrange the meeting and all the booze we could get..... contact me via PM. It's coming... we can't miss this happening...
January 16th, 2006 02:58 PM
Jair Come on!
Put all that shit on the trash, you both!

Do it like me: I'm going to live in a hotel room for the rest of my days.

No wife, no kid, no dog, no worries about what cook, cleaning up, lots of bills to pay, plus no parents and relatives to bother you...

All I need is my Ipod, my notebook and a fast Internet connection.
Covers, info and pix are all in the internet.

Just lose yourself.

January 16th, 2006 03:19 PM
gorda
quote:
egon wrote:
i forsee the return of the record player.

Then again, i'm not even able to spell forsee correctly.

I was looking and looking for a record player for months and I couldn't find one. All I could find were these really expensive turn-tables that d.j.'s use and it had to be specially ordered! So, then I just got a used record-player. Well, then, just a few months ago, I go to Kmart and see a record player for less than a $100 dollars! It plays records, CDs and cassette tapes. My brother bought one. Now, I wish I had waited, because I already have a record player, it would be a waste of money just to buy another one.

Music on a record player sounds different. Those of us, that grew up listening to records can appreciate it.

P.S. I own every single Rolling Stones' album on CD, I hope to some day own every record, too! So, far I only have like about 20, I have a lot of collecting to do.
January 16th, 2006 04:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot >only when you upload a cd you can choose
from aac, mp3, wav, aiff or apple losless.<

Well that explains that. I haven't downlaoded any songs yet. All 10,000+ songs that I have in iTunes I uploaded from CDs.

And now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that I set my default to lossless.

Did you see that solar battery charger thingy Egon? I think I gotta have one of those...
January 16th, 2006 04:35 PM
egon A "Solar thingie", sounds like something i need!
where did you see it?

I just received my Itrip FM which i bought on ebay.
It's shit.
i've got this humming sound i can't get rid of.
Surely that is not normal?

[Edited by egon]
January 16th, 2006 04:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot You gotta find a cleaner channel. Sometimes a channel may appear to be clear, but it has bleed over. Try some other channels. It also helps if you have the iTrip close to the antennea. The farther away you are the more bleed over that you will get.

Did you get the iTrip software to install into iTunes? You know you have to load all the channels into your iPod. If you didn't get the software, I have it, and I'll give it to you in NYC. Just send it back when you are done.

The solar thingy had a link posted on the first page of this thread...down toward the bottom.
January 16th, 2006 04:55 PM
egon i have the Itrip for the Ipod video, but No software came with it.

Are we talking about the same thing here?
to play your ipod OVER the radio (not turning your
ipod INTO a radio)

Problem is not the frequency or being too far from the antenna. i tested all that.

It's just that the "little fucker" is sending out
a buzz/static.

I am pretty sure it is doing so, because it knows things lik
that drive me fucking nuts!

Anyway, yes bring the software please. Bring it all
and we'll discuss it over a cold one, two, three, four...

[Edited by egon]
January 16th, 2006 04:58 PM
egon The sodius1!
Only usd 99.99

hmmmmmmm
January 16th, 2006 05:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I use my iTrip all the time, and I've never run into that hum.

I don't know if there is a difference between the 40g and 60g. But my iTrip required me to load every radio channel on the dial into my iPod. Whatever channel I choose to play the Ipod over, I first turn the iPod to that channel as well. Like if I want to use 97.8, I find 97.8 on the Griffin iTrip playlist

I'm thinking this is what your problem is. You don't have the channels saved on your iPod. I'll give you my software, that should fix you up.
January 17th, 2006 05:13 AM
egon cheers.
u got pm.
January 17th, 2006 06:27 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh I hear ya GypMo. Trust me, if there was any way to strap a turntable on my back and play my vinyl whilst doing errands and chores...I'd be doing it!

I resisted the iPod for a long time. But then my parents bought me one for Xmas a couple of years ago. Even then I toyed with the idea of returning the thing. It sat in the box for almost 2 months before I broke down and got it out of the box.

Lo and behold the thing impressed me. And I was really skeptical. But just the thought of not having to stand in front of my wall of CDs trying to figure out what to take along....man that got me. Talk about a time saver! I don't HAVE to decide what I want to listen to before I listen to it anymore. Whatever I'm in the mood for...bam...it's right there. Instant gratification. Here's what it's like...it's like having your own radio station that will only play stuff that you like, AND you are the DJ 24/7.

On the con side.

The battery will only last about 3 years before it stops holding a charge. But Apple will give you a brand new replacement for $99.99. All you gotta do to reload it is hook it up to iTunes and your library zips right in there.

I also learned this the hard way. You need an external HD. The hard drive that all my music was stored on crashed. DEAD. So now I can't update my iPod until I get everything reloaded into iTunes. That sucks because it took me several months to load all those songs into iTunes. From now on I will back iTunes up on an external HD. Lesson learned.

But that's it. I pretty much dig everything else about it.

What can I say, I like gadgets and geegaws.

...I'm hearin' ya back. Definite advantages as you say where storage is concerned and I like the radio/dj/24-7 analogy. Nice gift too. Generous folks.
January 17th, 2006 06:33 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

Word.

Dumbass iPod users!

....still got a bit of vinyl, "living nostalgia" as Mr. Bowie says. Still got all my Stones vinyl, never play, I just keep it for as you say, the artwork. An album cover was areal piece of art, totally lost in CD jewel cases, sad but true.
January 17th, 2006 06:36 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Jair wrote:
Come on!

No wife, no kid, no dog, no worries about what cook, cleaning up, lots of bills to pay, plus no parents and relatives to bother you...

Just lose yourself.

....Is that why you're accompanied by speakno-hearno-seeno?...Are you sure you're not posting from Bahrain, high on Demerol.
January 19th, 2006 02:14 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
Jair wrote:
Come on!

Just lose yourself.

Não precisa violão?

You could be like one of those guys in India that just wears the rag around the waist - no wallet, no keys, no little black book!

January 19th, 2006 08:20 AM
Jair Not more high than usual.
I'm just happy.
Trying become a zen person, ya know?

And no more keys!!!
Right, Barney!

[Edited by Jair]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)