ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Jaxx
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pre-party plans are SET!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 11th, 2006 02:39 PM
jb I shall not attend as well..neither RO, Couch, or Shidoobee...I'll be glad to say hello to anyone at a neuteal place...this is very upsetting.
January 11th, 2006 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Damn, the CDs. I'll have to figure something out. Maybe I can talk Scope or someone into delivering them for me.

JB, I'll PM you my cell. I'll make time to see you and your boy. Just not at Stouts. Perhaps we can walk over to Walter's together?

Hey all, I'm travelling to NYC with a bunch of my real life friends. I'll hang with them and I'll have a great time. I always have lots of fun when I'm with them. It's not like I'll be sitting on some bar stool by myself wallowing in misery.

I've been accused of being immature about this situation. I don't see it that way. I'm being very responsible and mature. I'm taking the high road, and I'm simply not going to place myself in a situation that could turn ugly...even if there is only a small slight chance of that happening. If I don't go then there is ZERO chance that it gets ugly. There have been plenty of these get togethers that have happened without me. This will just be one more of those.
January 11th, 2006 02:46 PM
scope
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I got mad because I was excluded from the RO gathering, despite the fact that no current members here have any major beef with me

You were excluded, from a general post requesting attendees? You were expecting a special invite? Well guess what. I didn't get one either. I have no beef with you, but that's just not a fair statement.
January 11th, 2006 02:49 PM
Nellcote SS, Sadly, while I'm not able to break free to attend the NY Summit so masterfully planned for months, I have but one bit of unsolicited advice....
WALK THE STREETS OF LOVE~FOR A THOUSAND YEARS!!!!
January 11th, 2006 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Damn, the CDs. I'll have to figure something out. Maybe I can talk Scope or someone into delivering them for me.

JB, I'll PM you my cell. I'll make time to see you and your boy. Just not at Stouts. Perhaps we can walk over to Walter's together?

Hey all, I'm travelling to NYC with a bunch of my real life friends. I'll hang with them and I'll have a great time. I always have lots of fun when I'm with them. It's not like I'll be sitting on some bar stool by myself wallowing in misery.

I've been accused of being immature about this situation. I don't see it that way. I'm being very responsible and mature. I'm taking the high road, and I'm simply not going to place myself in a situation that could turn ugly...even if there is only a small slight chance of that happening. If I don't go then there is ZERO chance that it gets ugly. There have been plenty of these get togethers that have happened without me. This will just be one more of those.

But this was the "big one"...........You deal with crisis all the time...you are going to NYC for pleasure..to meet some of the "friends" you have spoken to over the board.....off course many of us ,in real life, may or may not be friends, but whats the harm for 1hr before the show....I walked into Walter's in 03 and a couple of people gave me the "no greet" routinue...I still had a great time with people I never met..This tour has been even better...meeting so many, icluding you, TomL and son, Marko &FG in DC, even for the 15 minutes or so...
Anyway, I am not even sure I can get out of the fucking Garden where I have to meet at 5 to get tickets...so I ain't going to judge anyone..but this could be the last chance for some of us to ever see one another(thankfully so)...lets do it!!!!
[Edited by jb]
January 11th, 2006 02:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Flea...

Don't sweat it Bro. I don't blame you, and that really oughta be all that matters. Yeah?

See, I don't care if these people think I'm a "drama queen" or whatever. Those people are not involved in my real life. They are just words on a computer monitor. I just think it will be more fun to hang out with the gang I'm travelling with. I KNOW that we'll have a great time and that nothing ugly is going to happen. It's called "peace of mind". I have enough stress in my life right now, I just don't need any more of it with this NYC trip.

And if that disappoints or pisses people off, then tuff shit. I'm not going to NYC for them...I'm going for ME. I'm a selfish bastard that way. LOL!
January 11th, 2006 02:56 PM
Jaxx count me in. can't wait! it will be great to see the party pals in real time. didn't realize there was any feuding going on... y'all should fugetabout it and party high. its the stones and its a new year and we had such a grand time last time we met!the couch, ro, shidoobee, iorr....one common love, the rolling stones. international fans unite!
January 11th, 2006 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
count me in. can't wait! it will be great to see the party pals in real time. didn't realize there was any feuding going on... y'all should fugetabout it and party high. its the stones and its a new year and we had such a grand time last time we met!the couch, ro, shidoobee, iorr....one common love, the rolling stones. international fans unite!

Greatful Dead gathering?
January 11th, 2006 03:06 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:

Greatful Dead gathering?

those daze are gone, baby, locked away and never seen.....
;-D
January 11th, 2006 03:09 PM
FPM C10
quote:
scope wrote:

You were excluded, from a general post requesting attendees? You were expecting a special invite? Well guess what. I didn't get one either. I have no beef with you, but that's just not a fair statement.

Sorry, Scope, I didn't word that accurately, and I don't want a repeat of yesterday's blowup. It's simple - like SS, I cannot be in the same room with, er, someone. And that SUCKS, since that guy is also not welcome HERE. So I can't/won't attend the "RO" summit because someone who got booted from here is stinking the joint up.

It's not just a matter of differences that could easily be put aside for a time, like it would be between me and Riffy or Glencar. It's someone who has made it his business and his schtick to insult and deride me on the most personal levels for months. And then I'm supposed to party with him, or pretend he's not there? I guess someone with absolutely no pride could do it. I can't. And we're all supposed to get drunk and NOT have a fistfight break out? Right.

I'm sad that SS has decided the same thing, in a way, because lots of people want to see him. But if roles were reversed I would have his back too, because we're brothers.

January 11th, 2006 03:14 PM
jb Who is thge riff among? No one is more despised than me..if I can show up, anyone can...Let me tell you soemthing, I didn't earn 826k dollars this year by not getting along with people....The board stuff is all sthick....I like to bring oppossing sides together and resolve problems...let me help as I really like everyone here(except about 9 people).
January 11th, 2006 03:14 PM
LadyJane Okay...now I'm pissed off!!!!!!

I worked HARD to make these plans..........while nursing TWO SICK parents.

I called the fucking Bar to confirm things after my Mother died!!!!!!!

Why??? Love for all of YOU!!!!!!

You know the plans.........if you want to go GO....if not stay away!!!!!!

This bickering is making me sick to my stomach. Disgusting.

I think we know how everyone feels...so shut up and let those of us who want to enjoy ourselves do so.

LJ.
January 11th, 2006 03:16 PM
throbby Amen Jaxx!

Amen JB!

Amen LJ!

[Edited by throbby]
January 11th, 2006 03:18 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Amen Jaxx!

amen..............................................'ss
January 11th, 2006 03:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I think, in hindsight, that it was a mis-step to combine the Couch and R.O. get-togethers, since not all are members of both sites. I got mad because I was excluded from the RO gathering,

you were??

news to me

I figured it was open to anyone who's a member. I dont recall getting a specific 'invite' either and I co-own the friggin' site, after all!

For fucks sake, folks, get some sense of perspective here.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 11th, 2006 03:24 PM
throbby shalom alekhem
January 11th, 2006 03:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay...now I'm pissed off!!!!!!

I worked HARD to make these plans..........while nursing TWO SICK parents.

I called the fucking Bar to confirm things after my Mother died!!!!!!!

Why??? Love for all of YOU!!!!!!

You know the plans.........if you want to go GO....if not stay away!!!!!!

This bickering is making me sick to my stomach. Disgusting.

I think we know how everyone feels...so shut up and let those of us who want to enjoy ourselves do so.

LJ.

you got it. Great post
January 11th, 2006 03:27 PM
Jaxx i've been out of touch so alot of these playground politics are news to me. come on guys! FPM, SSA. i was counting on an encore performance. we howled we raged. get over the middle school antics and come and see your friends.

MIXED EMOTIONS
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Button your lip baby
Button your coat
Let's go out dancing
Go for the throat
Let's bury the hatchet
Wipe out the past
Make love together
Stay on the path

You're not the only one
With mixed emotions
You're not the only ship
Adrift on this ocean

This coming and going
Is driving me nuts
This to-ing and fro-ing
Is hurting my guts
So get off the fence
It's creasing your butt
Life is a party
Let's get out and strut

You're not the only one
That's feeling lonesome
You're not the only one
With mixed emotions

You're not the only one
You're not the only one
You're not the only one
You're not the only one

Let's grab the world
By the scruff of the neck
And drink it down deeply
Let's love it to death
So button your lip
And button your coat
Let's go out dancing
Let's rock 'n' roll

You're not the only one
With mixed emotions
You're not the only ship
Adrift on this ocean
You're not the only one
That's feeling lonesome
You're not the only one
With mixed emotions

January 11th, 2006 03:30 PM
nankerphelge I will be at Stouts on Friday sometime mid-afternoon (2-3).

Looking forward to seeing y'all.
January 11th, 2006 03:31 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
shalom alekhem

No wine before the shows!!!!!!!!!!!
January 11th, 2006 03:32 PM
Gazza plenty of 'whine' though!!
January 11th, 2006 03:33 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
plenty of 'whine' though!!

You shall be greeted!!!! Somewhere, anywhere....right in the park....or on the Streets of Love...
January 11th, 2006 03:38 PM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Buncha frikkin' drama queens.

Maybe the ROCC should just have our OWN gathering and leave you feudin', fightin' pusses out of it.

Howe much more ghey can this become?

I will get implants and cut my cock off to be with The ROCC, I'm a peaceful man, with enough estrogen to pass.
This is a post partum decison.
January 11th, 2006 03:39 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:

You shall be greeted!!!! Somewhere, anywhere....right in the park....or on the Streets of Love...

gazza will be with me. i hope that won't deter your efforts to greet him.
January 11th, 2006 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

gazza will be with me. i hope that won't deter your efforts to greet him.

January 11th, 2006 03:58 PM
throbby No wine before the shows!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya. Not gonna fizzle again.
January 11th, 2006 03:59 PM
Nellcote
Everyone Wang Chung Tonight!
January 11th, 2006 04:01 PM
nankerphelge You said "wang"

January 11th, 2006 04:03 PM
Nellcote Atta Boy!
Break out the "big stick"
We will miss you @ Sully's this weekend Nankster...
January 11th, 2006 04:07 PM
SheRat
quote:
jb wrote:

Wherever *I'm* at, baby.

(sorry, I couldn't help myself...)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)