ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

IORR

The Best Rock and Roll Fanzine - The Best Rolling Stones Fanzine
Currently the website of the month by the RS Official Website
Congratulations Bjørnulf... Well Done!!!!

Click here and subscribe now!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie rolls up Return to archive
01-19-03 11:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood brought New York to a standstill, rolling up to his own art exhibition in a 25-seater superstretch Hummer limousine.

He stepped out of the limo, which has five flat screen TVs and darkened windows, as traffic blew its horns in a united protest outside the Pop Gallery on West Broadway, New York.

He explained: "We played at Madison Square Garden the night before and as we left I saw this massive Hummer - it looked like some kind of war monster.

"I'd never seen anything like it. I told my son, Jamie, 'Wouldn't it be fun to turn up at the art show in a Hummer'.

"I'd forgotten all about it but when I came downstairs to go to the exhibition there was this monster parked outside.

"It was fantastic to see the traffic come to a halt just to look at it - I felt like the president."

His art, which is gaining increasing respect from collectors all over the world, includes portraits of fellow Stones Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts as well as Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan and Keith Moon.

They range in prices from £1,000 for limited prints to £30,000 for originals.

Wood is hoping to host exhibitions in every city as it coincides with the rest of the Rolling Stones tour.

Wood, who has homes in Kingston, Surrey and Ireland, also revealed that he spent a lot of his time on tour painting the views from his various hotel windows.

He said the secret was "getting the eyes right" although in the case of self-portraits it was the nose because it was so "prominent".

Last Updated: 11:18 UK, Sunday January 19, 2003

01-19-03 12:05 PM
lonecrapshooter there is picture of Ronnie in today's NY post to go with this story

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST