ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

IORR

The Best Rock and Roll Fanzine - The Best Rolling Stones Fanzine
Currently the website of the month by the RS Official Website
Congratulations Bjørnulf... Well Done!!!!

Click here and subscribe now!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I FUCKING WON TICKETS TO THE L.A. SHOW!!! Return to archive
01-17-03 05:20 PM
doo doo doo Dude I can't believe it! I was talking shit about this benefit concert because I was certain I wouldn't win but I did! I guess I need to give Chuck Leavel a break because in the end he did me a favor.

My apologies to anyone who didn't win because I know pretty much everybody on this board tried to! I am truly grateful.

Any other winners?
01-17-03 05:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl CONGRATULATIONS DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DUDE !!!

Just keep us posted with a great review, at this moment do you know your seat?
01-17-03 05:32 PM
stonedinaustralia how ironic
01-17-03 05:53 PM
midnightmagic Did they send the news via an e-mail? If so when?
01-17-03 06:13 PM
Dan I didnt win but one of the friends I signed up did and he did promise me his plus one so I guess I will be going. I just can't remember which email address I used for him and I have been checking them all (at least all the ones I can remember...)
01-17-03 06:16 PM
doo doo doo Dude Winners are posted here:

http://www.nrdcstonesconcert.org/winners/

I hope more people from this board win. I came back from lunch and it was in my inbox (@12:30 PST).

Here's what they sent me:

NRDC Presents the Rolling Stones
TURN UP THE HEAT ON GLOBAL WARMING
February 6, 2003 | STAPLES Center | Los Angeles, CA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU WON!!!!

Dear Doo Doo Doo Dude,

Congratulations! You have won two free tickets to the Rolling Stones concert to Turn Up the Heat on Global Warming on February 6, 2003 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA. Your name was selected in a random drawing of 6,000 winners from all eligible entries.

Please read the following rules and instructions carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tickets not picked up by noon on
February 6, 2003 will be forfeited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each winner and each winner's guest must pick up a concert ticket and a nontransferable wristband in person at STAPLES Center box office, which is located on the 11th Street (Chick Hearn Court) side of STAPLES Center, on one of the following dates during the following times: February 4, 2003 (6 a.m. - 9 p.m.), February 5, 2003 (6 a.m. - 3 p.m.) or February 6, 2003 (6 a.m. - noon).

** Tickets not picked up by noon on February 6, 2003 will be forfeited.

** Both the winner and the winner's guest must be present together to pick up tickets and wristbands.

** Each winner must be a legal U.S. resident who is not a resident of Florida, Rhode Island or Puerto Rico.

** Each winner must present government-issued picture identification (a state-issued driver's license or a passport) and may be subject to further identification verification in order to receive tickets and wristbands. We would also appreciate you printing out and bringing this notice to expedite ticket processing.

** This prize is nontransferable. Tickets may not be used by anyone who is not wearing a wristband distributed to the winners and winners' guests at STAPLES Center box office at the above times.

** The winner's guest must be accompanied by the winner at the concert.

** Seats are randomly assigned; we are unable to provide seat locations prior to ticket pickup.

** Anyone needing accessible seating should notify STAPLES Center box office at the time of ticket pickup.

** Ticket pickup is available only at STAPLES Center box office, located on the 11th Street (Chick Hearn Court) side of STAPLES Center, and only at the times listed above.

** Cameras and video/audio recording equipment are prohibited at the concert.

** All winners' names and cities will be posted on the official concert website at http://www.nrdcstonesconcert.org/winners.html

** For additional details and limitations, see the NRDC Stones Concert Sweepstakes Official Rules at http://www.nrdcstonesconcert.org/rulesandreg.html

Thank you for taking part in this important event to raise awareness about global warming. To learn more about the problem and to turn up the heat on our leaders to put solutions in place, visit http://rollingstones.nrdc.org/globalwarming/

Congratulations again, and enjoy the show!!!
01-17-03 07:09 PM
MannishBoy I'm in too!!!!! Dammit, now I have to come up with the airfair... Wonder what kind of show it will be? A stadium type crowdpleaser or a chance to do something a little different?
01-17-03 10:01 PM
Dan Personally I would be very happy with one more Greatest hits set as usually seen in stadiums.
01-18-03 07:57 AM
parmeda Congratulations Dude! Have a great time...

MannishBoy...start flappin' those arms in the air and get out to CA! Congrats!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST