ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Death in Toytown: the Saddam execution doll (nsc) Return to archive
15th January 2007 08:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Sunday Times
January 14, 2007

Death in Toytown: the Saddam execution doll

BEND me, shape me, hang me. This is the Saddam Hussein execution doll, writes Maurice Chittenden.
Barbie and Ken were never like this, but a company in the United States has demonstrated its gallows humour by rushing a commemorative toy into production.

The company, Herobuilders, has previously faced threats after producing a doll of Osama Bin Laden in a pink tutu.

The Saddam doll was launched just as the deposed Iraqi dictator went to his gruesome end. It is for sale on the internet at £12.95.

Emil Vicale, who runs the company in Connecticut, said: “We jumped the gun. The action figure comes complete with a ‘Dope on a Rope’ T-shirt and a fun noose.”

The 12in figure is the latest in a series of political dolls. All have been good sellers apart from a Tony Blair action man in combat fatigues. The company was stuck with 600 of them on its shelves.

Herobuilders has made more than 100 satirical dolls, including George Bush as a superhero; a power-dressed Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state, and one mocking Dick Cheney, the American vice-president, for accidentally shooting a friend while hunting.

In a world where toys can become us, it also offers to produce a figurine of anyone for £216. For no extra charge, the doll will have a chip inserted so it can talk with your voice.

As well as Saddam swinging on a noose, the firm’s latest range of political dolls includes one of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, wearing a T-shirt with the slogan “Let them eat yellow cake”, which misquotes Marie Antoinette with a reference to uranium ore.

Film of Saddam’s hanging captured on a mobile telephone and posted several times on YouTube has now been watched by more than 1m people. In Britain children have been found swapping pictures of the execution by phone with their friends.
15th January 2007 09:05 PM
mrhipfl lame. Osama in a pink dress = funny. Saddam hanging = wrong.
15th January 2007 09:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
lame. Osama in a pink dress = funny. Saddam hanging = wrong.

Oh well, some people will do anything for a buck.
15th January 2007 09:41 PM
pdog Die-eleated!
15th January 2007 09:49 PM
sirmoonie Hitchens on it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2156776/

I read it several times - with Hitchens, I always do - other than his continued and misguided love of the Kurds, it hard to find a single point to debate. That is Hitchens.
16th January 2007 01:16 AM
corgi37 Saddam got off easy. His 1/2 brother got his head ripped off! Stupid fucks. Serves 'em right.
16th January 2007 01:47 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Hitchens on it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2156776/

I read it several times - with Hitchens, I always do - other than his continued and misguided love of the Kurds, it hard to find a single point to debate. That is Hitchens.

What's your beef with the Kurds, moonie? They were sold out at Versailles in 1919 and remain the largest nation on earth without its own nation state. If there is any hope for the dream of a democratic beachhead in the Middle East, it's in Kurdistan. I say we liberate their homeland, make Turkish entry into the EU contingent on ceding Turkish-occupied Kurdistan, reunite the Syrian-occupied and Iranian-occupied sections, and atone for the betrayal at Versailles.
16th January 2007 05:52 AM
lotsajizz Free Kurdistan.....I said it three years ago, declare victory, divvy up the artificial state into Kurdistan, a Shiite land, and a Sunni land, and call it a win and have a victory parade.....the recent executions provide us with cover, we should implement NOW!

16th January 2007 03:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

What's your beef with the Kurds, moonie? They were sold out at Versailles in 1919 and remain the largest nation on earth without its own nation state. If there is any hope for the dream of a democratic beachhead in the Middle East, it's in Kurdistan. I say we liberate their homeland, make Turkish entry into the EU contingent on ceding Turkish-occupied Kurdistan, reunite the Syrian-occupied and Iranian-occupied sections, and atone for the betrayal at Versailles.

No beefage with Kurdism. Hitchens' bizarre love of them has made him take and maintain some positions that make relatively little sense, thats all.
16th January 2007 03:28 PM
ComeAsYouAre Funny in a sick sort of way...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)