ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 25 x 5 on DVD. Return to archive
13th January 2007 01:58 PM
guitarman53 Anyone know if 25x5 will ever be released on DVD? I'm sure there are a lot of outtakes & footage left out from the VHS version, I would love to see that.
13th January 2007 04:10 PM
Gazza Cant see it. as it was made in 1989 it would be pretty redundant by now.. (plus, its a daft title as the Stones had been going for 27 years by 1989..)

An official release for the "Let it Bleed" documentary from 2002 would be a better option, although still unlikely as it's more of an independent (ie, non-approved) film

Maybe they'll wait for a "50 x 5" documentary in 2012 - or rather 50 x 4, or how many happen to be left by then....

[Edited by Gazza]
13th January 2007 05:18 PM
pdog the only math that maaters is DVD X Us = $
13th January 2007 07:20 PM
Honky Tonk Man Out of date it may be, but 25x5 is wonderful. I was about 16 when I first watched it and I learnt so much. The interviews and insights are fantastic. The only dissapointment to me at the time was Keiths comments about Brian.
13th January 2007 09:09 PM
glencar Geez, I haven't watched it in ages. Maybe I'll put it on DVD for myself.
13th January 2007 10:24 PM
Bruno First watched it when I was 15 and my favourite bit still is Keith showing Mick the chords to Mixed Emotions.
13th January 2007 10:42 PM
deuce Someone should post a DVD version on the tracker
14th January 2007 02:16 AM
Homercles I burned my VHS copy onto dvd - i'm more than happy to burn off some copies and mail them out.
14th January 2007 07:59 AM
Zack
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Out of date it may be, but 25x5 is wonderful. I was about 16 when I first watched it and I learnt so much. The interviews and insights are fantastic. The only dissapointment to me at the time was Keiths comments about Brian.

Agree 100%, HTM. My only beef with it is so many songs have a verse cut out to be able to cram more in. A DVD version with the complete performances restored would be great. Gazza I don't agree it would be redundant because 98% of the important things they did occurred before 1989.
14th January 2007 09:23 AM
Doxa
quote:
Zack wrote:

Agree 100%, HTM. My only beef with it is so many songs have a verse cut out to be able to cram more in. A DVD version with the complete performances restored would be great. Gazza I don't agree it would be redundant because 98% of the important things they did occurred before 1989.

Yeah, I also disagree with Gazza in this matter. There is not much happened since 1989 that has a sort 'news' appeal to write an exciting story about: not new hits or musical adventures, but just a huge tour after other. They are more or less repeating the formula - and set lists - they already created in 1989 (and music they created from 1964 to 1981). And even now, if we watch the original 25 by 5 movie, the shots from the late 80's (video of "One Hit", making of "Mixed Emotions", the live "Rock and A Hard Place") are a bit boring and musically unsignificant moments in that context (after been wittnessing a continuous birth of legendary rock songs one after other).

I think one can not treat and cover all Stones years and eras with the same 'democratic' manner. The first 20 years were the story that really matters and made the band. After that (actually since 1989) they have been more or less a nostalgic act, who milks out the legacy it achieved in the their first 20 years of existence. Documenting their last 17 (?) years would only interest a hardcore fan I think. Others would be bored to death.

- Doxa
14th January 2007 11:13 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
pdog wrote:
the only math that maaters is DVD X Us = $

Yep...that's the mathematical formula Pdog!
14th January 2007 11:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:

I know, but my point was an updated version would be better - which is where "Let It Bleed" comes in (Its also significantly longer and has more depth - and many of the interviews are the same). "Let It Bleed" also covers a nice 'round' period (40th anniversary) which is more appropriate - and it covers the "important" period every bit as well as "25 x 5", if not better. Both documentaries concentrate primarily on the first decade as theyre the most significant

An official release of "25 x 5" now would just look like an admission that theyve been treading water since 1989

[Edited by Gazza]
14th January 2007 04:09 PM
Martha Shit to hell. I want the fucker (every moment included) put onto DVD format and placed in my hands! I LOVE 25 X 5.....I could watch the early footage of Keef all day long.....

I want it ALL.

pdog...loved your thoughts on the matter.

;-)

Indeed....you're gonna halfta serve somebody.
15th January 2007 04:54 AM
corgi37 Those 4 disc things that came out at time of LICKS was great. Not sanctioned, and no original music, but they were very indepth. You know the ones, each dvd represented a decade. Great stuff i thought. I liked the wild eyed guy saying "Rock and roll dont take no fucking prisoners. Takes no prisoners!"

And i adore the old guy with the 7 foot pony tail.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)