ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Winwood, Weller and Wyman in Jim Capaldi tribute Return to archive
12th January 2007 07:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Winwood, Weller and Wyman in Jim Capaldi tribute
11:02am Friday 12th January 2007
worcester news.co.uk

A FITTING tribute to Traffic drummer Jim Capaldi is set to be a star-studded affair.

To celebrate the life and music of the Evesham born musician the likes of Steve Winwood, Paul Weller, Pete Townshend and Bill Wyman will take part in a concert at the Roundhouse in Camden, London, on Sunday, January 21.

The special event, entitled Dr Mr Fantasy, will raise money for the Jubilee Action Street Children Appeal, the charity founded by Jim and his wife Aninha.

Jim died of stomach cancer in January 2005. The 60-year-old, who was born in Evesham to Italian parents, was heavily involved in the Worcester music scene throughout the 1960s, playing with the bands The Sapphires, The Hellions and Deep Feeling before going on to found Traffic.

The concert will be hosted by Bob Harris and also feature a performance by The Stories, the band that supported Elton John when he played at New Road last summer.

Tickets, priced £75 to £95, are available from 0870 3891846 or www.roundhouse.org.uk

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th January 2007 07:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Traffic drummer Jim Capaldi

Drummer? Well, he played drums, but to consider Jim just a drummer is really unfair, please read "musician, composer, drummer, percussionist, etc" Come on!!

Now I'm gonna get high and listen my Traffic collection and related (I was looking for a good excuse to get high LOL)
12th January 2007 08:42 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Drummer? Well, he played drums, but to consider Jim just a drummer is really unfair, please read "musician, composer, drummer, percussionist, etc" Come on!!

Now I'm gonna get high and listen my Traffic collection and related (I was looking for a good excuse to get high LOL)

Well said, Voodoo. BTW, I think having a Traffic collection to listen to is excuse enough to get high. It always was for me. Enjoy!
12th January 2007 09:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Brainbell Jangler... You friggin' rule da scool dude!

BTW; I forgot to mention one important thing: He was also a singer
12th January 2007 09:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now listening Jim's "Let the thunder cry" what a sweet version of The Low Spark! Smoking!!
13th January 2007 05:49 AM
Jumacfly Wasn t Ronnie on a traffic live album??
13th January 2007 11:57 AM
Make It Funky Yeah.. I just got a ticket today!! I can't believe it!! Cat Stevens is on the bill!!! Deep Purple's Jon Lord!!! Ray Cooper too!! It should be fucking great!!!

Anyone here been to the Roundhouse before?? Its up in Camden...

I also got tix to see Donovan today.. 7th row at the Albert Hall!!

Cheers
Ian
13th January 2007 08:48 PM
ohnonot youagain Cat Stevens that's unbelievable. Is he turning over a new leaf?
13th January 2007 09:05 PM
Kilroy He was a great drummer, to drummer that's enough. In this guys case there was more.
15th January 2007 10:14 AM
lotsajizz Capaldi was also a super songwriter
15th January 2007 10:41 AM
Stonesthrow Winwood, Capaldi, Mason, & Wood (and I don't mean Ronnie)were among the most talented rock era musicians to make music together.
15th January 2007 05:44 PM
polytoxic That sounds like it's going to be an awesome show.
Light Up or Leave Me Alone indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIonjhrNi0

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)