ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Riff Deja Vu Return to archive
10th January 2007 02:18 PM
Jaxx does this ever happen to you? earlier today i was listening to SOUL SURVIVOR on disc 2 of "Exile on Main
Street revisited" and the ending guitar riffs are exactly like the guitar riffs on MUST BE HELL off of Undercover.
10th January 2007 02:27 PM
Saint Sway and a version of that riff was also recycled on Rock & A Hard Place
10th January 2007 02:32 PM
Erik_Snow The end of Salt Of The Earth is not that different from the end of SoulSurvivor either...Nicky Hopkins plays about the same notes on both.
10th January 2007 03:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
does this ever happen to you? earlier today i was listening to SOUL SURVIVOR on disc 2 of "Exile on Main
Street revisited" and the ending guitar riffs are exactly like the guitar riffs on MUST BE HELL off of Undercover.

I agree..and it has...sho' nuff
10th January 2007 03:16 PM
nankerphelge And the other half of Must Be Hell is Honky Tonk Women.

Kinda of a bastard child song.
Yet I like it!

Keep on a straight line
Stay in tune
10th January 2007 03:25 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
And the other half of Must Be Hell is Honky Tonk Women.

Yet I like it!

Keep on a straight line
Stay in tune

Love that song...as you say...a bastard child...one of Mick's best efforts...lyrically speaking
10th January 2007 04:12 PM
Jaxx

then there's the stolen riff deja vu. one afternoon the muzak in walmart was playing what sounded like OUT OF TEARS. when the vocals came on, like nails on a board, jon bonjovi. yuck. steals the riff, then publically slams them as too old to rock n roll.

there's alot of stolen riffs-- "bohemian like you, bittersweet symphony. alot more i'm sure!

>>Hello My Mile High Momma
hola, jose!

10th January 2007 04:21 PM
glencar
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
does this ever happen to you? earlier today i was listening to SOUL SURVIVOR on disc 2 of "Exile on Main

Jaxxy, taht's been pointed out numerous times including in the Martin Elliott book. The Stones have also recycled the riff from Send It To Me & sped it up some & called it Neighbours. Howe amny songs can they write w/o recycling some stuff? After all, with "Anybody Seen My Baby" they recycled the odious kd lang.
10th January 2007 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
And the other half of Must Be Hell is Honky Tonk Women.

Yet I like it!

Keep on a straight line
Stay in tune

Now you funny too

True Dat

|
|
V

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

10th January 2007 05:30 PM
pdog Keith's riffs are all recycled. He just switches his timing ect...
My favorite bands all do the same songs over and over, and it's even better when they clock in at 3 minutes or less.
10th January 2007 05:33 PM
Jaxx
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jaxxy, taht's been pointed out numerous times including in the Martin Elliott book. The Stones have also recycled the riff from Send It To Me & sped it up some & called it Neighbours. Howe amny songs can they write w/o recycling some stuff? After all, with "Anybody Seen My Baby" they recycled the odious kd lang.

yes. it would have to have been pointed out numerous times by now, sure! i was surprised by soul survivor/must be hell. it only just occurred to me today. and naturally, all the chuck berry, buddy holly riffs, are just that, and appear in every album forumula.

there are only so many riffs, sure. but i bet that the stones are stolen more than they procur.
10th January 2007 05:35 PM
glencar Yes, the Kinks & others have badly ripped off the Stones. Bon Jovi si apparently modeling his career path on Mick's.
10th January 2007 05:49 PM
Jaxx that out of tears/bon jovi moment really sucked. but part of me was relieved that out of tears was not part of the muzak selection.
11th January 2007 04:58 AM
corgi37 And Summer Romance & Where the boys go are the same.
11th January 2007 06:46 AM
Mel Belli Couple other (possibly) obscure connections:

"Hold Back" main riff same as "if you stuggle, baby" descending thing on "Struggle"; and

The little F-dim turnaround lick from "Make No Mistake" is the main progression of "Anyway You Look At It."

11th January 2007 10:17 AM
Saint Sway Wicked As It Seems > recycled into > Love Is Strong > recycled into > It Wont Take Long
11th January 2007 03:24 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Wicked As It Seems > recycled into > Love Is Strong > recycled into > It Wont Take Long

With kernels of "Hand of Fate" and "How I Wish" before that!
11th January 2007 03:45 PM
glencar Can't really see It Won't Take Long in that chain.
11th January 2007 04:44 PM
Saint Sway give it another listen. Play LIS & IWTL back2back
11th January 2007 04:48 PM
glencar I'll try it...
11th January 2007 05:15 PM
Gazza The tune for 'Too Tough' is basically the same as the unreleased instrumental 'Cellophane Trouts' recorded 8 years earlier for 'Black and Blue'
11th January 2007 05:18 PM
Saint Sway I havent listened to Undercover in a dogs age but isnt their a bit of the old JJF riff in Too Tough?
11th January 2007 05:19 PM
glencar Yes, I agree with that. Also Flight 505 is a precursor to JJF.
11th January 2007 05:22 PM
Saint Sway and "Fight" on Dirty Work is the JJF riff Pt III
11th January 2007 11:38 PM
Bruno Fight is a great song...

Dangerous Beauty is You Got Me Rocking a little slowed.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)