ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CAN MICK JAGGER ACT? Return to archive
7th January 2007 01:35 PM
fireontheplatter it boggles my brain people...this guy is the best rock singer on planet earth, but no matter how hard he tries, as far as i am concerned, he can't act his way out of a paper bag. i have tried to find good in his movies, but i think he plain sucks.

brad pitt is a better actor....and what about morgan freeman?

discuss......

everybody say owwwwww
7th January 2007 02:05 PM
rstp72 agreed , Mick could not act, even if his life was depending on it, he's not natural , too worried on how he's gonna look and sound , he's such a queer, but we love him.Laters
7th January 2007 02:15 PM
Scottfree Just watch Freejack for 5 seconds and you'll have your answer....
7th January 2007 04:52 PM
ListenToTheLion Yes he can act.
7th January 2007 06:38 PM
JaggerLips I admit to owning Freejack on DVD, thought he was the best in it.

One mississippi, two mississippi

Michilette. Secure the tower floor by floor. You want a fucking palace revolt? You got one!

Jagger looked like he was enjoying wearing that costume more than the actual acting it has to be said.
7th January 2007 06:42 PM
GotToRollMe Mick doesn't have to act. He's the greatest rock and roll frontman on the planet. Anything else is gravy.
7th January 2007 06:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
it boggles my brain people...this guy is the best rock singer on planet earth, but no matter how hard he tries, as far as i am concerned, he can't act his way out of a paper bag. i have tried to find good in his movies, but i think he plain sucks.

discuss......

they should be, as they presumably went to drama school and have been working on acting as their chosen profession for decades (that said, Brad Pitt's Belfast accent in 'Devils Own' is even more horrendous than Jagger's Irish one was in 'Ned Kelly')

Yes, Jagger can act. He's no Brando, but I've seen a lot worse. The basic problem for most people is that he's so much a larger than life figure as a singer and performer that when watching him its hard to get past the fact that it's Mick Jagger, incredibly famous rock star, acting instead of singing.

Fail to see why youre so amazed that just because someone is a world class live singer he should automatically possess acting ability to match.
[Edited by Gazza]
7th January 2007 07:42 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

discuss......

everybody say owwwwww

On the same notion. I wonder whether messers Pitt and Freeman can sing, dance, play a musical instrument and peform in front of thousands on stage?
You can't be great at everything.
7th January 2007 08:49 PM
Soldatti He could act very good in Performance if you ask me.
7th January 2007 09:40 PM
The Wick Come on guys, apart from some bits of Man From Elysian Fields, he has been shocking and even in that film, he had his usual dodgy moments. Freejack was just embarrasing and for someone with an American wife, you'd think he'd do better with that accent. If he improves on Elysian Fields, then fine, give it a go, but if not please hang it up will ya.
8th January 2007 01:11 AM
oldkr mick has moments of absolute brilliance when ascting sadly though they are surrounded by hours of shit. performace was terrible, he was just awful... though not as bad as that crap on ABC when he played himself!

OLDKR
8th January 2007 03:13 AM
IanBillen
He purposely seems to "act" as if he can't act in order to not fall into the mold of a Jon Bonjovi rock superstar thinking he is also an accredited actor.

This is more the story.

Ian
8th January 2007 06:27 AM
Homercles I thought Mick put in a decent effort in Elysian.
13th January 2007 07:42 PM
Kilroy If he wants he can, maybe the right parts have not been given to him yet He would probaly make a great accountant gone mad or bad.
[Edited by Kilroy]
13th January 2007 09:34 PM
glencar He's been quite good in several things. There are some who have a hankering for Keith & knock whatever Mick does but don't let those evil doers sway your mind. Gazza nailed it though: even when Mick's good, it's hard to get past who he is.
14th January 2007 03:45 AM
egon you lost me with "brad pitt is a better actor"
15th January 2007 09:02 AM
Madafaka He can act, yes. He shouldn't, but he can act
15th January 2007 11:00 AM
MrPleasant Jagger is charming (duh). And that's more than you can say about tons of actors.
15th January 2007 05:36 PM
polytoxic Hmmm, I'm not sure.
Can Russell Crowe front a band?
15th January 2007 09:08 PM
Poison Dart I always thought Mick would make a great Bond villian.
15th January 2007 10:09 PM
Bitch Even as a loyal MICK worshipper, I can't see him in an acting role as anyone other than himself. It's a stretch. But, in comedy, MICK is very good. Saturday Night Live skits and bit parts and cameo performances have been very funny and clever. So the answer to your question is no and yes, lol.
16th January 2007 02:54 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they should be, as they presumably went to drama school and have been working on acting as their chosen profession for decades (that said, Brad Pitt's Belfast accent in 'Devils Own' is even more horrendous than Jagger's Irish one was in 'Ned Kelly')

Yes, Jagger can act. He's no Brando, but I've seen a lot worse. The basic problem for most people is that he's so much a larger than life figure as a singer and performer that when watching him its hard to get past the fact that it's Mick Jagger, incredibly famous rock star, acting instead of singing.

Fail to see why youre so amazed that just because someone is a world class live singer he should automatically possess acting ability to match.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah that is true also. In Free Jack if we didn't know who he was he wouldn't of been "terrible" as many think. It is hard to get past who he is. Kinda like Michael Jackson or Maddonna. It is hard to get past who the guy really is when seeing him. So when he does do a fair job it seems kinda silly yet. Because it is like "well come on your Mick Jagger"

Ian

16th January 2007 06:45 AM
egon He sucked in Freejack. Absolutely 1000pct sucked.
And that has nothing to do with him being Mick Jagger.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)