ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Knights of Prosperity tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th January 2007 11:59 AM
MikeyC613 "Want some popcorn?"
4th January 2007 12:27 PM
monkey_man
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
It was nothing to write home about. Although the show after it with the Korean chick with the rack giving that Silverman guy a handjob was oddly frightening and alluring at once. I won't even get into mentioning the later wearing by said Korean chick of the "You had me at Shalom" shirt. That's good Television.

Agreed. . .I was completely sucked into In Case of Emergency after the Knight's of Boredom. The only slightly amusings parts of the MJ show were the segments that he was in. I was cracking up at the "Here's my pool . . .I don't like to get wet but my Dogs love it!" I also chuckled at the SMU musak playing while Jagger was walking thru his security into the house.
4th January 2007 12:32 PM
Lil Brian Popcorn is a good choice and a great snack food. It's included in the food pyramid under bread (oatmeal, bagels, muffins, whole grain and dark breads, etc.), cereals (without sugar coatings), rice (preferably brown and long grain), and pasta. The trick is not adding lots of fat to it in the form of butter.
4th January 2007 01:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Frig Yeah !!!!!

Hey , where's Bitch ?!

Humiliated?
4th January 2007 02:36 PM
Saint Sway Wednesday night is ABC's new "Must See Humiliation" lineup
4th January 2007 03:32 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:
All the parts with MJ from yesterday night show.
Enjoy !

Nice job Jeep!
4th January 2007 03:38 PM
CraigP Mick's comments about the hats were hilarious. "You're never alone with a... hat." - priceless
4th January 2007 03:52 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Mick's comments about the hats were hilarious. "You're never alone with a... hat." - priceless

You're never alone with a... hand also!!

Right TTM!!!
5th January 2007 05:58 AM
FotiniD Why? Why? Mick is OBVIOUSLY a clever man. He's OBVIOUSLY talented. He's OBVIOUSLY in a certain time in his life when he can do almost anything he wants, have fun, create, enjoy.

Then can somebody explain to me why on earth he's so stuck up on destroying his own "legacy", sort of speak? Why look like a completely disastrous, silly, worthless copy of yourself and take away all the "legend" part, all the sex appeal, all the coolness of it all?

You got Freejack, then that hideous Running out of luck, now this. Why?

Sorry, but I don't see the humour in it. Really. I don't like it. Bad writing doesn't help, of course, but hey... Why Mick, why?
5th January 2007 06:28 AM
Jumacfly I ve found Mick hilarious in this video.
the penalties part is priceless, when he shoots on the guy on this end his face is so funny!!
the guy got humour, unlike many fans.
[Edited by Jumacfly]
5th January 2007 07:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I ve found Mick hilarious in this video.
the penalties part is priceless, when he shoots on the guy on this end his face is so funny!!
the guy got humour, unlike many fans.
[Edited by Jumacfly]

I think I got humour Jumy (hopefully ), but I couldn't laugh with this one. And it's not that I consider it "bad" for Mick to do, or not-serious or anything like that - it just doesn't make me laugh... It's more on the ridiculous side, imo, than on the funny one. You can make a fool of yourself, take the whole thing light-heartedly and share a laugh with the people watching it - but I don't think that's the case here.

Well, anyway, that's just my opinion and you know what opinions are like
5th January 2007 08:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I think I got humour Jumy (hopefully ), but I couldn't laugh with this one. And it's not that I consider it "bad" for Mick to do, or not-serious or anything like that - it just doesn't make me laugh... It's more on the ridiculous side, imo, than on the funny one. You can make a fool of yourself, take the whole thing light-heartedly and share a laugh with the people watching it - but I don't think that's the case here.

Well, anyway, that's just my opinion and you know what opinions are like

hey baby I didn't talk especially for you, but I think the JT affair for example was something more humiliated than this story.

Mick have fun, I think the ridiculous side is clearly what they were looking for, as you can see this kind of bullshit all day long on the E! channel.

Cheers darling
5th January 2007 10:11 AM
GotToRollMe I dug the scenes with Mick. The man has a great sense of humor about himself, and his acting was actually pretty good. The rest of it left a lot to be desired though. Bad writing, wooden acting, sophomoric humor...but then, whaddaya expect from network TV? Mick, though...yeah, Mick was cool. And it's true: "You're never alone with a hat." Words of wisdom.

5th January 2007 10:12 AM
glencar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgEl1TRsstw
5th January 2007 10:14 AM
glencar I watched the show again this morning & it's funnier than the first time I watched it. I don't watch too many sit coms (The Office is the only other one) & so maybe I'm not as used to some of the jokes. I read many humorless people on another board's opinions & if they don't like it, I'm glad I do!
5th January 2007 10:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I watched the show again this morning & it's funnier than the first time I watched it. I don't watch too many sit coms (The Office is the only other one) & so maybe I'm not as used to some of the jokes. I read many humorless people on another board's opinions & if they don't like it, I'm glad I do!

Well said Baby Blue!
5th January 2007 10:20 AM
glencar I knew you would like it too, I just knew it!
5th January 2007 10:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I knew you would like it too, I just knew it!

that's becuz Mick got a great kick while shooting the penalties
great england shirt as well
5th January 2007 10:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

that's becuz Mick got a great kick while shooting the penalties
great england shirt as well

Hello Baby Juma ...........................

Care to Join me at the Brazen Head this evening ?

" Acoustic Groove " will be performing and both Gazza and Keith Moon promise to show up sometime during the course of the night .

Word .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
5th January 2007 10:44 AM
glencar ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................
5th January 2007 11:42 AM
Saint Sway Mick came off as very clever and funny. And he did a great job with the whole tongue-in-cheek spoof of spoiled celebrity life.

I liked that you could tell he was having fun with it. But, unfortunately his scenes were the only funny parts

can anyone say they'll still watch the show AFTER the Mick plot ends?

I figure they'll milk the Jagger plot for 1 or 2 more episodes and then its off to rob Ray Romano...
5th January 2007 11:45 AM
glencar I would probably not watch it were it not for Mick initially but tehre's something quirky about the show & I'm all about the quirky so I'd still watch it even if it was Ray Romano. I'd draw the line at Ruth Buzzi though.
5th January 2007 11:47 AM
Saint Sway Ruth is always the deal breaker
5th January 2007 12:05 PM
glencar I wonder what she looks like today?
5th January 2007 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................

5th January 2007 12:23 PM
Joey " I wonder what she looks like today?"

5th January 2007 01:09 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wonder what she looks like today?

Who cares when we've got this:

Yummy.
[Edited by rasputin56]
5th January 2007 02:16 PM
texile
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Why? Why? Mick is OBVIOUSLY a clever man. He's OBVIOUSLY talented. He's OBVIOUSLY in a certain time in his life when he can do almost anything he wants, have fun, create, enjoy.

Then can somebody explain to me why on earth he's so stuck up on destroying his own "legacy", sort of speak? Why look like a completely disastrous, silly, worthless copy of yourself and take away all the "legend" part, all the sex appeal, all the coolness of it all?

You got Freejack, then that hideous Running out of luck, now this. Why?

Sorry, but I don't see the humour in it. Really. I don't like it. Bad writing doesn't help, of course, but hey... Why Mick, why?

a tend to agree....
but this show seems at least quirky - while running out of luck was lame and really DID destroy a little of his credibility.....
but then, the whole mick and jerry follies throughout the 80s chipped away at it quite a bit for me anyway so at this point -
his "mystique" is strictly a thing of the past.
5th January 2007 02:18 PM
texile
WAS JAGGER TAKING THE MICK AT ALL?
view all comments (0)

SIR MICK JAGGER has allowed himself to be parodied in an over the top show for US television – but several critics are unsure how much of the performance was an act.

Although the Dartford-born legendary ROLLING STONES rocker is something of a caricature himself, with an exaggerated face and imposing stage manner, the parody seemed to hit a little too close to home.

In one scene of the hit show KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY, which was watched by millions in the US, JAGGER's debut cameo performance saw him welcome viewers to an apartment in New York and explaining his love of hats heated to just the right temperature.

He also has a "media room" where he lounges around and watches films, pointing out a gold lip-shaped popcorn maker, before playing football indoors with a servant.

But SIR MICK is also privately a big fan of and owner of many hats and movies, as well as a huge sports fan and owning a New York apartment, calling some to suggest the parody could be a little more true to life than JAGGER had intended.

05/01/2007 15:07:10

this is stupid,
yes, jagger CAN and HAS been an unintentional parody at times but one thing the press misses too often is his own self-mockery and condescension of how others percieve him.

5th January 2007 10:36 PM
Bitch I thought KNIGHTS was funny, especially MICK's appearances, he lights up the screen with every scene he's in. Loved his beautiful apartment! But when MICK's departs the show, I will most likely depart from watching it, unless they get other good stars. For example, Andy Garcia, J-Lo, P Ditty, or some other New Yorkers that are interesting.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)