ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Knights of Prosperity tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd January 2007 11:41 PM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
it was shit mick looked all pasty and wrinkled he was a little too camp the whole show sucked mick included that red stretch tee was a huge mistake... humiliated

OLDKR

Why so grumpy?
4th January 2007 12:21 AM
GotToRollMe GodDAMMIT! I missed it! And I ain't EVEN gonna say what I was doing that was so good it distracted me from Mick! Someone, anyone, send me a copy of this, please.
I'm gonna go stand in my corner now...

And I so wanted to see the hat room... *sniff*

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th January 2007 12:26 AM
Altamont
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
GodDAMMIT! I missed it! And I ain't EVEN gonna say what I was doing that was so good it distracted me from Mick! Someone, anyone, send me a copy of this, please.
I'm gonna go stand in my corner now...

Almost every TV show gets upped to youtube the following day. Or even made available to watch online by the channel that played it.
4th January 2007 12:44 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Almost every TV show gets upped to youtube the following day. Or even made available to watch online by the channel that played it.

Bless you my son.
4th January 2007 12:48 AM
The Wick The show absolutely blew. The only good parts were Mick and it was impressive to see that he knows how to kick a football properly. The comedy was shocking.
4th January 2007 12:52 AM
glencar I thought that was a soccer ball he kicked?

GTRM, elsewhere someone posted that the show will be replayed on Friday. I taped it but it looks like I missed the end which appeared to have more MJ in the scene.

BTW The show was pretty funny. Not the best ever but enough to keep me around for a few more episodes. Then again, I like sophisticated humor & it seems some here don't.
4th January 2007 01:00 AM
The Wick
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought that was a soccer ball he kicked?

Depends how you look at it, but the proper name is football.
4th January 2007 01:34 AM
glencar Yes, I was just teasing. We here in the USA stop playing it after about age 11 or so.
4th January 2007 09:55 AM
oldkr thank god micks not in any more unless they edit him in, he will see what drivvle that show is

OLDKR
4th January 2007 10:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I missed it. I had intended on watching it but I forgot or was doing something else. I've got a feeling that this show will be quickly forgotten. I would have watched it just to see Mick on TV but it's no real loss.
4th January 2007 10:02 AM
Some Guy It succeeded on 2 levels, it sux and blows. It's gonna be a rough ride, tater.
4th January 2007 10:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm not a big fan of American sitcoms anyway. I'd rather watch Hyasinth slap Richard up side the head.
4th January 2007 10:08 AM
nanatod Considering all the crap that's on network TV, The Knights of Prosperity wasn't bad. Try watching "Reba," or "According to Jim," or any of the gazillion reality shows.

There were a couple of laughs; what more do you want?
[Edited by nanatod]
4th January 2007 10:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Bitch wrote:
it should be interesting to see the reactions and the predictions of the show's fate.

I concur Bitch !
4th January 2007 10:13 AM
glencar
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Considering all the crap that's on network TV, The Knights of Prosperity wasn't bad. Try watching "Reba," or "According to Jim," or any of the gazillion reality shows.

There were a couple of laughs; what more do you want?
[Edited by nanatod]

Yes, Mick was a bit effeminate but the show itself was still funny. Many here seem to want to return to the 3 Stooges type of comedy but that is gone forever.
4th January 2007 10:15 AM
gimmekeef Missed it....but I did finally watch Pirates 2...the very ending woulda been much better when that pirate came down the steps if it had been Keith..and a blast of SMU or JJF as a teaser for number 3....lol....enough movies and TV boys....get back in the studio..as a band and put something out!
4th January 2007 10:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
.... 3 Stooges type of comedy but that is gone forever.

4th January 2007 10:30 AM
Jeep The show (from ABC HD) is on a torrent site.
You can download it here (172 Mo - Xvid) :

http://www.mininova.org/tor/535289

About the show itself : what a crap !
[Edited by Jeep]
4th January 2007 10:31 AM
Gazza

NEW YORK (AP) -- Legendary thief Willie Sutton famously explained that he robbed banks because that's where the money is.

But who has even more money than the average bank? Mick Jagger!

Anyway, that's the giddy reasoning of Eugene Gurkin, a graveyard-shift janitor who dreams of opening his own saloon and needs a few bucks to stake it. Why not gather a crew to burglarize Jagger's $52-million Manhattan apartment -- a palatial spread where Mick's dogs frolic in his indoor swimming pool and his vast array of hats is kept in a cavernous climate-controlled hat room!

"Certainly he won't miss a few crumbs from his table of much plentifulness," Eugene ventures.

Thus is born the Knights of Prosperity, six lovable losers who, joining forces on the ABC sitcom of the same name, share newfound sticky fingers and a common lament: They can't get no satisfaction.

But, then, who can -- besides a Rolling Stone?

Donal Logue, who stars as Eugene, says that "except for the .08 percent who feel like 'we are the powers-that-be,' everyone is aware of a wonderful, glorified world that isn't their world. And they feel like it's beyond their reach.

"But why not dream?"

So "The Knights of Prosperity" (which premieres Wednesday at 9 p.m. EST) is a comedy about dreams -- and the dreaming dreamers who dream them.

"What viewers relate to in a character isn't the sexy, good-looking, smart dude who always knows what to say," says Logue. "What an audience connects with is 'I'm insecure, I'm scared, I'm worried that my life will amount to very little.' "

Led by Eugene (a panglossian motivator who could humble Tony Robbins), the Knights of Prosperity believe that something better lies ahead ... despite loads of comic evidence to the contrary.

Now Logue, costumed in black with a ski mask at the ready, is about to join his similarly clad co-stars as they film a scene for a future episode at Queens' Silvercup Studios.

The Knights have reached the anteroom of Jagger's 18th-floor digs, equipped with more security than the Pentagon. They have managed to filch the security code with which they can disarm Mick's front door. But never fear -- each step forward only leads to the next pratfall.

"If we weren't bumbling idiots, the job would be done already," says Maz Jobrani, who plays Gourishankar "Gary" Subramaniam, a cab driver who back home in India was a prosperous lawyer. "We're constantly getting this close, and then we create a new disaster and spend the whole episode trying to get out of it."

"It's really outlandish," laughs Kevin Michael Richardson, who brings his sizable girth and velvety, Barry White-like voice to his role as warehouse security guard Rockefeller Butts. "But they're so determined going after their prize, I think a lot of people will be rooting for them."

'A different twist'
This is a gang that has trouble even synchronizing their watches. But their zany, endearing doggedness is what the show is about. And though Jagger himself makes a very funny appearance in the premiere, "The Knights of Prosperity" won't be mistaken for "The Mick Jagger Show."

Nor was it ever intended to be.

"We initially wanted to pitch a comedy about a bunch of blue-collar guys who decide to change their lives by robbing a bank," explains Jon Beckerman, who created "Knights" with fellow "Ed" alum Rob Burnett. "But the day after we came up with that, we saw NBC was premiering a drama about a gang of robbers holding up a jewelry store. We felt we needed a different twist."

Their twist was making a famous face, not a faceless institution, the Knights' target.

"The commitment Mick made was to do a cameo in the pilot," says Burnett, "and after that we would see how it went. But we did not ever anticipate that Mick would be a member of the cast. Nor did he." (He is, however, listed as an executive producer.)

"We never saw the show being about celebrity," Burnett adds. "We look at the show as a workplace comedy with a very odd workplace."

Joining Logue (who starred on the sitcom "Grounded for Life"), Jobrani and Richardson are Lenny Venito as Eugene's janitor colleague Francis "Squatch" Squacieri; Josh Grisetti as dweebish journalism student Louis Plunk, who stumbles into the Knights when his college internship on "The Montel Williams Show" falls through; and Sofia Vergara as Esperanza Villalobos, a dishy short-order waitress who's tougher than the other five put together.

"These aren't greedy guys, they're not mean guys, they don't want to hurt anybody," says Beckerman, noting that the quest for the Knights is to finance their respective dreams, then donate the rest of their loot to charity. "They're trying to make something better of their lives with the most ethical version of crime they can figure out."

The Jagger heist -- which could stretch a full season before the next caper beckons -- will presumably land our heroes in an unexpected spot between Easy Street and the slammer. Giving up no details where, Burnett promises that, "no matter what happens to the Knights of Prosperity, all of these guys will be better for the experience: What they have for the first time in their lives is hope."

And as Mick Jagger might say: They just might find, they'll get what they need.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.
4th January 2007 10:43 AM
glencar Whether one liked the show or not, I don't see it lasting long anyway. American Idol starts in 2 weeks.
4th January 2007 10:44 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
GTRM, elsewhere someone posted that the show will be replayed on Friday. I taped it but it looks like I missed the end which appeared to have more MJ in the scene.

quote:
Jeep wrote:
The show (from ABC HD) is on a torrent site.

Thanks, guys!
4th January 2007 10:50 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jeep wrote:
The show (from ABC HD) is on a torrent site.

About the show itself : what a crap !
[Edited by Jeep]

Woah...1084 seeders! Wish we could see even half of that around here sometimes!
4th January 2007 10:50 AM
nanatod Wait! I have an idea for a new TV show. A group of goofy message board posters decide that a long dead rock star's body has been preserved, even though he has been dead for about 40 years, and they want to perform their own autopsy on the body to refute the coroner's report. The show could be called:

"Let's Grave-rob Brian Jones"
4th January 2007 10:52 AM
Saint Sway A Bigger Bang had much funnier moments than that stupid show.

completely forced. bland. predictable. awful.

Mick's campy scenes were the only things remotely funny.
4th January 2007 10:52 AM
glencar I believe a petition is the way to go...
4th January 2007 10:54 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Wait! I have an idea for a new TV show. A group of goofy message board posters decide that a long dead rock star's body has been preserved, even though he has been dead for about 40 years, and they want to perform their own autopsy on the body to refute the coroner's report. The show could be called:

"Let's Grave-rob Brian Jones"

now thats post-in!
4th January 2007 10:55 AM
rasputin56 It was nothing to write home about. Although the show after it with the Korean chick with the rack giving that Silverman guy a handjob was oddly frightening and alluring at once. I won't even get into mentioning the later wearing by said Korean chick of the "You had me at Shalom" shirt. That's good Television.
4th January 2007 11:23 AM
Jeep All the parts with MJ from yesterday night show.
Enjoy !

4th January 2007 11:27 AM
Some Guy suckism.
4th January 2007 11:43 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
nanatod wrote: Try watching "Reba," or "According to Jim," or any of the gazillion reality shows.

Robbing MJ wasn't good. I watched for 5 minutes and switched to the Sugar Bowl. It looked like the Huskers should have kept Bo Pelini afterall.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)