ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's interview on Q magazine (February) Return to archive
January 12th, 2005 06:55 AM
FotiniD Thanks to oldkr at Shidoobee:

-------------------------------------------------------------
KEITH RICHARDS
The Godfather

Q: British music is great again because...
KR: Is it great again? Im not sure.I've lost track. Is it british, american, arabic? Its all global now isnt it? The english football team has got a swedish fucking coach, so you know...? I vaguely remember something about Oasis and Blur . They were british but theyre not around much now, are they? Give me some names!

Q: How about The Libertines
KR: They' re ok , but theyre hardly muddy waters are they? Ah, Muddy now you're talking!

Q: Another year's over. Are you feeling older?
KR: Up to now i'm alright thanks.But i suppose you should ask the people around me for the correct answer, or perhaps my doctor. I get up in the morning, and everything works fine , and i feel fine in my self , which is good isn't it? I know that will surprise people. But then i've surprised people for years. Christ I've surprised myself!

Q: Are the Rolling Stones still active?
KR: Absolutely! Mick and I are currently writing songs.

Q: What about the others?
KR: We'll be getting together shortly and doing what we always do. If it isn't broke , right?

Q: No plans to retire then?
KR: Retire? I can't even spell the word, mate. Whats the incentive to retire? I'd play on in a wheelchair. Im always learning new chords on the guitar so why stop now? this is what we do. Otherwise , whats life about? whe youre onstage in this great band , and you're playing guitar and everyone in the crowd is going wild... its a great feeling. How could i ever get bored of it? I couldn't.

Q: Who's your favorite british icon?
KR: Billy Fury. Just for fun right? He made a couple of damned good records years ago, so lets give them a shine. dig em out and play em. Great songs!

Q: What do you miss when youre not in Britain?
KR: good question, good question....what do i miss? well, i do miss the old girl when i'm away, but to be honest she does get on my nerves after a while , so distance is good, distance is great!

Q: What do you have planned for 2005?
KR: Another Rolling Stones Album! Another monster tour! same old story, pal. Its better than suicide right?

Q: What are your 5 favorite british things?
KR: HP sauce, fish and chips, the smell of horse shit in London from when i was growing up, my ancestral pile in sussex [redlands] and my 1966 Bentley. Do I still drive it? When im not pissed [drunk] which isn't often!
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Better than suicide". A great way to describe a tour Keith, way to go Would make a good bootleg title though.

[Edited by FotiniD]
January 12th, 2005 07:03 AM
Gazza I'd even take that line as the album title too!

thanks for transcribing it as I couldnt be arsed typing it all out!
January 12th, 2005 07:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd even take that line as the album title too!

thanks for transcribing it as I couldnt be arsed typing it all out!

The thanks go to oldkr

And yes, I'd like it as an album title as well!
January 12th, 2005 07:39 AM
Madafaka "Better than the suicide" it might have been the title of LL!

Thank you very much for the article, FotiniD!

[Edited by Madafaka]
January 12th, 2005 07:48 AM
UGot2Rollme KR: Retire? I can't even spell the word, mate. Whats the incentive to retire? I'd play on in a wheelchair. Im always learning new chords on the guitar so why stop now? this is what we do. Otherwise , whats life about? whe youre onstage in this great band , and you're playing guitar and everyone in the crowd is going wild... its a great feeling. How could i ever get bored of it? I couldn't.
-----------------
Thanks for posting this - it made my day.

Keep on Rollin!
January 12th, 2005 07:55 AM
gustavobala the great richards

i like the last question...

errrrrr what's HP?

KR: HP sauce, fish and chips, the smell of horse shit in London from when i was growing up, my ancestral pile in sussex [redlands] and my 1966 Bentley. Do I still drive it? When im not pissed [drunk] which isn't often!
January 12th, 2005 08:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
the great richards

i like the last question...

errrrrr what's HP?

HP is brown sauce.
January 12th, 2005 09:00 AM
LadyJane That little interview just did wonders for my mental state!

Thanks Fotini..Thanks oldkr!!

LJ.
January 12th, 2005 09:36 AM
jb Boring, contrived, same old stuff.....
January 12th, 2005 09:39 AM
Zeeta
quote:
jb wrote:
Boring, contrived, same old stuff.....

Sound like anyone familiar Joshie?!
January 12th, 2005 09:46 AM
jb
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Sound like anyone familiar Joshie?!

Yes...Typical Keith .............
January 12th, 2005 09:50 AM
glencar It's Coming III!
January 12th, 2005 09:53 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's Coming III!

Another website?
January 12th, 2005 09:57 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Another website?

Is Lugar's website still " Active " ?!?!

Developing .......................

Shiver ................

M. J. Fly ! ™
January 12th, 2005 09:58 AM
glencar No, a new album, ya dunce!
January 12th, 2005 10:13 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, a new album, ya dunce!

When I read the initial "It's Coming II" (or was it III?) thread I thought it meant the new album anyway.

So yes, it's coming, and it'd better get here fast.
January 12th, 2005 10:14 AM
glencar At least six more months.
January 12th, 2005 10:16 AM
jb Is Max's new site still active?
January 12th, 2005 10:44 AM
glencar Highly active. No post counts though.
January 12th, 2005 07:55 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Q: How about The Libertines
KR: They' re ok , but theyre hardly muddy waters are they? Ah, Muddy now you're talking!

Ever the slagger, eh...remember a 1986 interview where he said that "Bruce was holding the fort"...ie until the Stones stopped taking it easy.
January 12th, 2005 09:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
KR: Retire? I can't even spell the word, mate. Whats the incentive to retire? I'd play on in a wheelchair. Im always learning new chords on the guitar so why stop now? this is what we do. Otherwise , whats life about? whe youre onstage in this great band , and you're playing guitar and everyone in the crowd is going wild... its a great feeling. How could i ever get bored of it? I couldn't.

I'm glad Keith is a proponent of the "rock till you drop" philosophy. I mean, after all, what other reasonable alternative is there????

January 14th, 2005 05:10 AM
padre
quote:

Then stop posing and play the damn thing!!!!!Or learn the spelling.
January 14th, 2005 07:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Ever the slagger, eh...remember a 1986 interview where he said that "Bruce was holding the fort"...ie until the Stones stopped taking it easy.

Bruce has obviously got strong arms, in that case, as he must have been holding it for almost two decades!
January 15th, 2005 02:14 PM
J.J.Flash Thank you FotiniD babe and many thanks to Oldkr. Good to read the words of the Riffmaster!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood