ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Crowes announcement now official (nsc) Return to archive
January 11th, 2005 07:21 PM
Saint Sway Black Crowes have finally confirmed the reunion rumors with an official announcement posted on thier website

looks like a limited engagement for now - a 5 show run in March at the Hammerstein Ballroom

heres the details

www.blackcrowes.com

roll em!
January 11th, 2005 08:11 PM
wkoetke SWAY!!

It's me, Walt! Crowes reunion?! No shit, that's awesome!

Question: what musicians are involved? Are they picking up where they left off with Freed/Hiersch/Gorman? Is it just the Robinson brothers and random people? Or is Marc Ford back (just kidding)?

BTW, Marc Ford's solo album is freaking unbelievable. I can't believe how great it is.

Talk to me.

Walt
January 11th, 2005 08:13 PM
wkoetke Sway:

Looks like the Allman's Beacon Theatre run is around the same time, also in NYC of course.

Perhaps these events shall warrant a trip from SF to NYC, eh? Interested in an Allmans/Crowes/Dave week? (Had to mention Dave as one of the forces of nature we'd be witnessing that same week).

Walt
January 11th, 2005 08:17 PM
Make It Funky Totally amazing. Brilliant!! Can you feel the buzz?? This summer's concert schedule is starting to take shape.. Yeah!!! Thanks to everyone in the world for your insider information and continued support in music. You never cease to amaze me.

Cheers!
January 11th, 2005 08:31 PM
GimmeExile WOW! Thanks for the news...This is great! I've been hoping and waiting for a reunion almost as soon as they went on hiatus in January 2002.

January 11th, 2005 09:04 PM
mac_daddy rallying the tapers now
January 11th, 2005 10:33 PM
corgi37 Will Kate Hudson be on keyboards? Or will she just sit on a cushion next to her husband?
January 11th, 2005 11:32 PM
GimmeExile I predict they'll play Bonnaroo 2005.

January 12th, 2005 08:22 AM
justinkurian This is from Billboard.com (basically recycled info from the website):

Black Crowes Reforming For New York Run

After months of speculation, Chris and Rich Robinson are reforming the Black Crowes for a five-night stand at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom. The March 22-23, 25-27 shows, the Crowes' first since Oct. 31, 2001, are the only ones booked at this stage of the reunion, according to group manager Pete Angelus.

"Regardless of the speculation, we are going to see how these shows at the Hammerstein evolve before giving any further consideration to additional shows," he says. Tickets will be available Jan. 25 via a presale on the band's official Web site and Feb. 5 via Ticketmaster.

The Robinsons have yet to announce which, if any, musicians will back them at the shows, which will feature support from the John Butler Trio (March 22), the Bees (March 23), the Soundtrack Of Our Lives (March 25), North Mississippi Allstars (March 26) and Ben Kweller (March 27).

Since the Crowes went on hiatus in early 2002, Chris has released two solo albums, while Rich issued his first last fall.

"I'd love to do it," Rich told Billboard.com in September about a possible reunion. "Chris and I are brothers and I love him. It would definitely be a cool, comfortable thing to do, but I'm proud of [the solo album] and I am glad I got to do it. Still, there's something familiar about [the Crowes]. I love those songs and the work we did together."
January 12th, 2005 01:00 PM
Saint Sway Looks like this 5 night run at the Hammerstien in NYC is all the Crowes are committing to at this point. So I know a lot of diehards that are gonna haul ass to NY that week. Their new website should be up and running in a few days. Fans will have a chance to purchase pre-sale tix there - www.blackcrowes.com

Crowes are calling it "reforming" instead of reunion. Looks like the new guitarist is Neal Casal - he'll be the 4th guitarist to shred along side Rich. He's a cool cat and a real good guitarist. Has some solo records and a band called Hazy Malaze. Some Crowe fans might of seen him when Beachwood Sparks toured with the Crowes as he was playing guitar for the Sparks on that tour. He's a good fit. They sound good together.

-------------

and now to answer the rest of my good pal wkoetke's questions - as per Koetke tradition, I will supply my remarks in a Koetke List - in descending order of most pathetic:

4. Allmans shows combined with the Crowes shows definately warrant a trip to Gotham. Good call. BOOK IT NOW!! Good call also on them both being in NY. Thanks for that heads up, wizard.
3. You finally got a copy of Ford's "Its About Time" (pun intended). Glad your diggin it, Lethargy
2. The Dave as a "force of nature" reference is mint! I think it warrants a new nickname for him like Tsunami Dave or something or maybe "The Dave' is best.
But the real gem is...
1. "It's me Walt!" - classic bro!! The "wkoetke" boardname had me really guessing. Thanks.

call me on my cell and we'll catch up on the latest and make March Madness plans
January 12th, 2005 05:41 PM
Lethargy Sway, I am psyched to haul my ass to NYC for the allmans and the crowes! Can't wait.

To quote another beloved member of this list, "I'm so excited that I'm typing this with my nipples..."

By the way from now on my name is "Lethargy" (picture it being said like "From now on your name is Flounder")
January 12th, 2005 06:20 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Some Crowe fans might of seen him when Beachwood Sparks toured with the Crowes as he was playing guitar for the Sparks on that tour.

OH SHIT!

that band SUCKED when I saw them with the Crowes. hope they sound nothing like the Sparks with this new lineup or I'm gonna be wishing Audley Freed was back with them pretty soon

can you point me in the direction of where I might hear some guitarwork from this guy that's as god as people say?
January 13th, 2005 02:16 PM
Saint Sway hey residnet mule,

head over to www.hazymalaze.com and check out the music samples

Hazy Malaze is a rockin band. I think you'll aprove. I've heard Neal play - he's not Ford, but he's damn good and his style fits in really well with the Crowes
January 13th, 2005 02:40 PM
jb Great news!!! Thanks so much!!!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood