ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steve Earle Update Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 11th, 2005 06:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
This appeared in my emailbox yesterday. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Happy New Year. Steve and company has lots cooked up for 2005. Here is the latest news and what's in the works in the coming months -

Steve Earle's The Revolution Starts...Now has been nominated for two Grammy Awards. Steve was cited for two nominations: one for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for the song, "The Revolution Starts Now", and one
for Best Contemporary Folk Vocal Album for The Revolution
Starts...Now.The 47th Annual GRAMMY Awards will be held on GRAMMY Sunday, Feb. 13, at Staples Center in Los Angeles and once again will be broadcast live on CBS from 8 – 11:30 p.m.

Rich Man's War, the second single from "Revolution" goes to radio in this month. The video for Rich Man's War was directed by oscar award winning director, Jonathan Demme. Shot at CBGBs on a very emotionally charged election night this past November, the video can be viewed here:

http://earle.c.topica.com/maac3Cwabdb35cfHnMqb/
(Real Media)

Jonathan Demme will interview Steve Earle in a January 14 program at The New York Public Library. The program will be held at 7 p.m. in the Celeste Bartos Forum of the Library's Humanities and Social Sciences Library, Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street. Tickets are $10 general admission,
$7 for Library members and are available at the door the night of the event or at www.nypl.org/humanities/pep. For more information about
tickets, please call 212-930-0855.

Steve starts another round of North American Tour dates next week and promises to "play every city in the United States of America that will have (him) before (he) shut this tour down." Here is the full list of tour dates thus far:

Jan 20 2005 CHARLOTTE NC (US) Neighborhood Theatre
Jan 21 2005 ASHEVILLE NC (US) Orange Peel
Jan 22 2005 KNOXVILLE TN (US) Historic Tennessee Theatre
Jan 24 2005 CHARLESTON SC (US) The Music Farm
Jan 25 2005 ATLANTA GA (US) Variety Playhouse
Jan 27 2005 TAMPA FL (US) Tampa Theatre
Jan 28 2005 JACKSONVILLE FL (US) Florida Theatre
Jan 29 2005 WEST PALM BEACH FL (US) Carefree Theater
Feb 1 2005 NEW ORLEANS LA (US) House of Blues - New Orleans
Feb 3 2005 AUSTIN TX (US) La Zona Rosa
Feb 4 2005 HELOTES TX (US) Floores Country Store
Feb 5 2005 DALLAS TX (US) Gypsy Tea Room
Feb 7 2005 SANTA FE NM (US) Lensic PAC
Feb 8 2005 TUCSON AZ (US) City Limits
Feb 10 2005 SOLUNA BEACH CA (US) Belly Up Tavern
Feb 11 2005 LOS ANGELES CA (US) Henry Fonda Theatre
Feb 12 2005 ANAHEIM CA (US) House of Blues - Anaheim
Feb 14 2005 SANTA CRUZ CA (US) Catalyst
Feb 15 2005 SAN FRANCISCO CA (US) Great American Music Hall
Feb 16 2005 SAN FRANCISCO CA (US) Great American Music Hall
Feb 18 2005 PORTLAND OR (US) Crystal Ballroom
Feb 19 2005 SEATTLE WA (US) The Showbox

The SteveEarle.com/Totalfanshop.com webstore launched last month. Purchase Steve related CDs, DVDs, books, t-shirts, jackets and posters via
http://earle.c.topica.com/maac3Cwabdb36cfHnMqb/

Yours for the revolution,
Your Friends at Artemis Records
Artemisrecords.com
SteveEarle.com
January 11th, 2005 07:04 AM
F505 Thanks TTM. I read in an interview Steve is planning to release a bluegrass cd this year. Very good news! I consider The Mountain still as his best album.
January 11th, 2005 07:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:
Thanks TTM. I read in an interview Steve is planning to release a bluegrass cd this year. Very good news! I consider The Mountain still as his best album.

He is? Really? Excellent news indeed. "The Mountain" is a masterpiece. I suppose that'll result in more touring with the Bluegrass Dukes then.

You think thats his best album, then? Good choice, its up there I guess, although I prefer "Train A Comin'" and "I Feel Alright", myself. To be honest, I dont think he's ever made an album that I didnt consider to be at least "very good". He's been remarkably consistent for twenty years.
January 11th, 2005 08:26 AM
mac_daddy another vote for "train a comin'"

that was the one that put him back on the map, too...
January 11th, 2005 09:08 AM
Lazy Bones Not mentioned on his site, yet, but Ticketmaster.ca reveals these Canadian dates so far -

2.22.05 - Calgary, AB (w/ the Dukes)
2.25.05 - Banff, AB
2.26.05 - Saskatoon, SK
2.28.05 - Winnipeg, MB

I anxiously await southern Ontario dates...

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
January 11th, 2005 09:32 AM
Fiji Joe It seems like once a month someone does something that makes me say..."Steve Earle?...I hate that fat bastard!"
January 11th, 2005 09:52 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:

He is? Really? Excellent news indeed. "The Mountain" is a masterpiece. I suppose that'll result in more touring with the Bluegrass Dukes then.

You think thats his best album, then? Good choice, its up there I guess, although I prefer "Train A Comin'" and "I Feel Alright", myself. To be honest, I dont think he's ever made an album that I didnt consider to be at least "very good". He's been remarkably consistent for twenty years.

Yes he is. I read it in Heaven, a Dutch magazine (http://www.heaven.be/). I agree with you Steve is quite consistent but nevertheless I think his last three albums are good but not as good as Train A Comin', I Feel Alright, The Mountain, The Hard Way and El Corazon. His best five albums...
January 11th, 2005 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
It seems like once a month someone does something that makes me say..."Steve Earle?...I hate that fat bastard!"

I bet he speaks highly of you too..

and for the record, he's now a skinny bastard. He lost about 60 pounds in weight during 2003.
January 11th, 2005 10:14 AM
Fiji Joe Gazza wrote:

"and for the record, he's now a skinny bastard. He lost about 60 pounds in weight during 2003."

Good...now he can look like the tormented and tortured soul he's always pretended to be

January 11th, 2005 10:16 AM
F505 He looks like this now:

January 11th, 2005 10:19 AM
Gazza well its a lot less "pretend" than a few spotty white Englishmen (and now rich ones)playing Chicago and Delta blues, when you think about it
January 11th, 2005 11:28 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

and for the record, he's now a skinny bastard. He lost about 60 pounds in weight during 2003.

thats amazing.

maybe Mick Taylor could put a call into to Mr. Earle's dietician
January 11th, 2005 11:43 AM
glencar Maybe Steve Earle should call up Bill Wyman's wigman. I'm with Fiji on this one: Steve Earle sux.
January 11th, 2005 01:11 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe Steve Earle should call up Bill Wyman's wigman. I'm with Fiji on this one: Steve Earle sux.

Hey - Steve Earle doesn't suck. Now I'm glad I emailed The Storm - hahahaha!
January 11th, 2005 01:17 PM
Saint Sway I like Steve Earle. I've always considered him to be the country rock version of Keith.

Earle has made the records that Keith & Gram were meant to make.
January 11th, 2005 01:27 PM
sirmoonie I've been meaning to investigate Steve Earle's music for some time. Does he support the UN? Does he love or hate America?

Thanks in advance.
January 11th, 2005 01:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm with Fiji on this one

I'm amazed!! LOL
January 11th, 2005 02:15 PM
Factory Girl Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ...lol
January 11th, 2005 03:56 PM
glencar
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Hey - Steve Earle doesn't suck. Now I'm glad I emailed The Storm - hahahaha!

Steve Earle is full of hate - just like Stormy!
January 11th, 2005 04:10 PM
Fiji Joe In that picture, he looks like a broke-down Billy Bob Thornton
January 11th, 2005 04:19 PM
jb He has balded....
January 11th, 2005 06:16 PM
glencar Plus he hates America!
January 11th, 2005 06:22 PM
F505 As Gazza quite rightly said Steve has been remarkably consistent for twenty years. Something you can't say when listenig to the Stones the last 20 years. To be clear: Steve has made better records during these 20 years than the Stones from 1981 on and has written songs the Stones can only dream of nowadays.
January 11th, 2005 06:33 PM
Fiji Joe The guy's a fucking hack...a poor man's Charlie Daniels
January 12th, 2005 03:33 AM
F505 Whatever he may be I was talking about his musical qualities.
January 12th, 2005 10:11 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Plus he hates America!

He disagrees with the current adminisrtration as do I. To disagree with what they are doing is not hatred of America. If anything it proves we care. Get real.
January 12th, 2005 10:12 AM
glencar Lighten up! The guy's a blowhard but I'm sure he doesn't literally hate this country. Get relaxed.
January 12th, 2005 10:13 AM
Fiji Joe Damn Martha!...Look at his shirt...what do you think that represents?...the dude's a commie...a lover of Mao...nuff said
January 12th, 2005 10:15 AM
glencar My nephew has a Che shirt. These kids know nothing!
January 12th, 2005 10:18 AM
Fiji Joe Yes..let's all go commie...it's so hip right now
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood