ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick wins Critic's Choice Award Return to archive
January 11th, 2005 05:33 AM
Gazza from IORR :

Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart won the best song prize at the 10th annual Critics' Choice Awards in Los Angeles on Monday for their "Alfie" theme song "Old Habits Die Hard." The event was broadcast live from the Wiltern Theatre, but the award was not presented on-camera, and Mick and Dave were not present. Next on the awards schedule is the Golden Globes on Sunday, where they are also nominated.
January 11th, 2005 05:38 AM
Zeeta What is old habits die hard like? It's not actually any good is it?!
January 11th, 2005 05:49 AM
Gazza yeah, I think its a pretty good track
January 11th, 2005 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah, I think its a pretty good track

More embarrassment for the band;while encouraging MJ to engage in more "gay" projects.
January 11th, 2005 11:23 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
More embarrassment for the band;while encouraging MJ to engage in more "gay" projects.

Does Mick *need* encouraging for that? It's all natural, dear!
January 11th, 2005 11:46 AM
glencar Actually Joshy even though I'm tired of the recent rampage of balladeering, even I have concluded that "Old Habits" is a great song. It's the rest of the soundtrack that will put you to sleep.
January 11th, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
from IORR :

Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart won the best song prize at the 10th annual Critics' Choice Awards in Los Angeles on Monday for their "Alfie" theme song "Old Habits Die Hard." The event was broadcast live from the Wiltern Theatre, but the award was not presented on-camera, and Mick and Dave were not present. Next on the awards schedule is the Golden Globes on Sunday, where they are also nominated.

At the same award ceremony an old High School Classmate of mine , Alex Payne , won awards for his movie " Sideways "

.........Oh , and Virginia Madsen's breasts are as REAL as the day is long .

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass , YA PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

The Sassy Tree ( By : Hasbro )™

January 11th, 2005 11:51 AM
Joey
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Does Mick *need* encouraging for that? It's all natural, dear!

If I had the money I would live next door to Mick Jagger too ( see Pete Townshend ) .
January 11th, 2005 11:58 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

At the same award ceremony an old High School Classmate of mine , Alex Payne , won awards for his movie " Sideways "

.........Oh , and Virginia Madsen's breasts are as REAL as the day is long .

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass , YA PUNK ASS Bastards ! "

The Sassy Tree ( By : Hasbro )™

Who knew the square states produced such talent? I mean, besides Steelie.
January 11th, 2005 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:

Who knew the square states produced such talent? I mean, besides Steelie.

Blue ...................................

Would you like to touch my Monkey?

Go Ahead !!! ….. Touch him! Love him! Liebe meine abs-monkee."

Liebe Meine Abs-Monkee !!!

LIEBE MEINE ABS MONKEE !!!!!!!!!

LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 11th, 2005 01:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

hmm..writing a movie soundtrack (something which those well known buggerers Bill, Ronnie & Brian have all done and which Mick T probably could have done too had he possessed any compositional talent) - very 'gay' indeed..

fucking hell, next thing you know Mick will be writing new Stones songs next, in tandem with that prolific tunesmith Keith. Cant get more faggy than that, eh?

January 11th, 2005 01:42 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

hmm..writing a movie soundtrack (something which those well known buggerers Bill, Ronnie & Brian have all done and which Mick T probably could have done too had he possessed any compositional talent) - very 'gay' indeed..

fucking hell, next thing you know Mick will be writing new Stones songs next, in tandem with that prolific tunesmith Keith. Cant get more faggy than that, eh?

The Stones: best gay rock band in the world!!!
January 11th, 2005 02:11 PM
luxury1 I think this is great news. Mick loves receiving these awards. It will boost his ego (which of course needs to be inflated now and again, he is 60, for cryin out loud--or is he 61?? CHrist, time flies)
ANyway, with this recent accolade, maybe Mick can "let it loose" a bit with his writing partner Keef and pen some good ole R&B, blues, soul tunes. Pressure is off Mick to "remain current and vital". WIshful thinking at least.
January 11th, 2005 06:53 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Gazza wrote:
from IORR :

are they going to be present at the golden globes awards?
January 11th, 2005 07:02 PM
nankerphelge If it is the song I'm thinking of -- where Mick whines his way through most of it -- well then, it sucks.

Grow a set of balls Mick and belt out a song will ya!

Keith too!

The world's greatest rock and roll band is supposed to rock and roll, last I checked....
January 12th, 2005 01:38 AM
seclusion Hey... the song is pretty damned good, though I'm no critic, and it proves that Mick still has it. I say "Good for ole Mick." Yeah!
January 12th, 2005 03:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
ANyway, with this recent accolade, maybe Mick can "let it loose" a bit with his writing partner Keef and pen some good ole R&B, blues, soul tunes. Pressure is off Mick to "remain current and vital". WIshful thinking at least.

Amen Luxury. Though I don't think Mick can ever kick that need of his for being current. Old habits die hard indeed, how tacky is that?!

And I still haven't heard the whole Alfie soundtrack. I can't get myself to listening to any more of their solos and soundtracks and side projects. It's been a long time...
January 12th, 2005 09:45 PM
moy http://soundtracks.monstersandcriti...nners_Announced
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood