ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Fallen Angels - Wating On A Friend [download now available]i Return to archive
January 10th, 2005 02:06 PM
KeithRichards Hi guys on Rocks Off!

I formed an (online) band with JumpingKentFlash from IORR.org and we recorded our first two songs.
If you want, you can dowload them on www.rockpassion.com/fallenangels.htm

We recorded Dead Flowers and Waiting On A Friend so far, the latter is the better one, but Dead Flowers is pretty good too.

Give it a listen and tell me what you think about it, please!
January 10th, 2005 02:11 PM
J.J.Flash Yeah... forming a band is part of my New Year's resolution..... 12 months to go.....
January 10th, 2005 02:31 PM
J.J.Flash Man... congratulations.... kick-ass version of Dead Flowers.... fan fuckin' tastic! You and the guys rock dude!!

I just would like to add that the voice (good voice btw) is very low in the mix and the lead guitar is too high. I loved every detail on your version guys.

Which scale have you used for soloing? I just know how to solo over pentatonics and that simply doesn't fit on every rock'n'roll song (of course). Tell me more!

Cheers!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
January 10th, 2005 03:00 PM
KeithRichards Great you liked it JJF!

Yeah, we had some problems with the voice on Dead Flowers.
It's way better on Waiting On A Friend.

On Dead Flowers I played licks and solo in Dm Pentatonic scale. The guitar was out of tune so it sounds strange sometimes, probably it's also a bit too loud.

For Waiting On A Friend I used the C Ionian scale.

What do you think about Waiting On The Friend, by the way?
January 10th, 2005 04:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Great you liked it JJF!

Yeah, we had some problems with the voice on Dead Flowers.
It's way better on Waiting On A Friend.

On Dead Flowers I played licks and solo in Dm Pentatonic scale. The guitar was out of tune so it sounds strange sometimes, probably it's also a bit too loud.

For Waiting On A Friend I used the C Ionian scale.

What do you think about Waiting On The Friend, by the way?

Haven't listened that one yet dude! I will check it out!

What do you mean with "Dm Pentatonic"? Sorry, I'm not too much knowleadgeable regarding this issue, despite that I love to "play" (LOL) my guitar. Do you mean that pattern:

e----------------------------------------5--6--8--10-|
B--------------------------------5--6--8-------------|
G---------------------------5--7---------------------|
D-------------------5--7--8--------------------------|
A-----------5--7--8----------------------------------|
E---5--6--8------------------------------------------|

Thank in advance!
January 10th, 2005 04:56 PM
KeithRichards e----------------------------------------5-----8-----|
B--------------------------------5-------8-----------|
G---------------------------5--7--8------------------|
D-------------------5-----7--------------------------|
A-----------5--6--7----------------------------------|
E---5-----8------------------------------------------|

That's Am Pentatonic, the most used scale in Rock

The root note is on the E string, in this case on the fifth fret - so it's an A.

You can move it to wherever you want. If the root note is on the 10th fret its Dm Pentatonic?

check this site, it's pretty good: www.wholenote.com
January 10th, 2005 07:40 PM
Tom So we have "Angels in Wonderland" and now "Fallen Angels" what's next?

I'm listening Dead Flower, it's great but I think you need to add more power to the vocals, love the solo
January 10th, 2005 07:47 PM
JumpingKentFlash Thanks. I had to record the guitar while the mic was on my lap so the sound of the guitar was audible. I didn't have the possibility to make several tracks (I used WavePad). That's why it's so low. But now I got a much better recording programme so the next tumes we do is gonna be better in the mix for sure.

And one thing I can't believe is that everybody says I sing quite OK. I always thought I sang like crap. But just wait 'till we finish Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash. I really have to scream those out. And it's prob. gonna sound awful.
January 10th, 2005 09:51 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
e----------------------------------------5-----8-----|
B--------------------------------5-------8-----------|
G---------------------------5--7--8------------------|
D-------------------5-----7--------------------------|
A-----------5--6--7----------------------------------|
E---5-----8------------------------------------------|

That's Am Pentatonic, the most used scale in Rock

The root note is on the E string, in this case on the fifth fret - so it's an A.

You can move it to wherever you want. If the root note is on the 10th fret its Dm Pentatonic?

check this site, it's pretty good: www.wholenote.com

Fellow, I'm tired of this Pentatonic stuff... I DO know that one as I know every piece of my body.......I thought you used any Minor scale.... like the one I've mentioned before.....

Hey KentFlash... you and your friends rule... you bet!

I loved it!
January 11th, 2005 07:31 AM
KeithRichards Sorry, I just played the same old pentatonic on Dead Flowers!

However, I used a C Ionian scale on Waiting On A Friend and I think it suits the song very good!

For lots of (free) information about scales, chords, etc. I recommend you check out www.wholenote.com - it's really a great site with lots of information!
January 11th, 2005 07:38 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Sorry, I just played the same old pentatonic on Dead Flowers!

However, I used a C Ionian scale on Waiting On A Friend and I think it suits the song very good!

For lots of (free) information about scales, chords, etc. I recommend you check out www.wholenote.com - it's really a great site with lots of information!

Thank you very much dude. I think have visited this website once......long time ago.....I will check it.

Cheers!
January 11th, 2005 04:11 PM
jb Thanks so much...killer!!!
January 11th, 2005 05:55 PM
JumpingKentFlash Yep.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood