ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Putting Dirty Work into perspective......From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 12th, 2005 01:57 PM
Joey " Comments: * Okay, if Elvis' maternal Great Grandmother was Jewish and it's certain she was and the maternal line is unbroken then by Jewish Law Elvis is Jewish - sorry, but that's the way it goes - now depending on whether u believe a Jew is defined by his race (like I do) or by his religon is something I don't wish to debate - from this list I have left off Sammy Davis Jnr and Marilyn Monroe (both converts...Eddie Van Halen and Kiss cos I don't have anything by them...and other artists like Joey Ramone, Mel Torme, Esther & Abbi Ofarim, Beverley Martyn, Phil Spector (i think he warbled once), Sophie Tucker etc cos of lack of space...also ignored Jazz i.e. John Zorn, Benny Goodman etc, also missing from action Lenny Kravitz, Jakob Dylan, Adam Cohen, Dan Bern, Mark Eitzel (shame), Hole (Courtney Love....also Israeli Singers...cos I don't know 'em....I'm sure there are many others...like Dinah Shore etc and Jewish actors and actresses who sung...No Fiddler on The Roof..sorry Topol and Miriam Karlin...also no Jewish Comedians...Lenny Bruce, Mort Sahl, Woody Allen, Shelley Berman..all worth a mention...also no record producers...Jack Nitzshe, Phil Spector, Wexler etc....okay I think I done....also I hope my research hasn't labelled someone Jewish who isn't...my scources included Jewhoo...and Scott Walker is down there - I had no idea...but with a name like Engel....also mention should be made of axe heroes Peter Green, Slash, Marc Knopfler - all excluded for lack of space....and Chuck E Weiss...Johnathan Richman this mix is deadicated to Jews everywhere...and to Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Jesus Christ, Paul Newman, John Garfield, Frida Kahlo, Marc Chagall, Marc Rothko, Norman Mailer, Nigella Lawson, Walter Matthau, and to anyone else who has faced adversity thru colour, creed, race. "
January 12th, 2005 02:26 PM
F505 You forgot the most important:

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood