ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FAITHFULL: 'JAGGER WANTED CHRISTIE INSTEAD' (nsc) Return to archive
January 9th, 2005 11:04 PM
moy FAITHFULL: 'JAGGER WANTED CHRISTIE INSTEAD'

British singer MARIANNE FAITHFULL believes former boyfriend MICK JAGGER dated her as a substitute for movie actress JULIE CHRISTIE.

The 58-year-old veteran rocker was romanced by the ROLLING STONE frontman during the 1960s because the vivacious blonde reminded him of the fashionable OSCAR-winning DARLING icon - who he had failed to woo.

Faithfull says, "What I heard, which I do believe, is that what he really wanted was Julie Christie and when he couldn't get her he picked on me.

"And I don't think he knew, when he fell in love with me, when we fell in love together - and he didn't catch me for another three years - how much we had in there. Slowly he began to find out."

As for stories of their constant partying, Faithfull concedes the opposite was closer to the truth.

She adds, "We had a very domestic existence, but the tragedy was that it wasn't enough for me - to marry Mick and have a lot of children would not have been enough.

"There was going to be a moment where I had to leave and get on with my life."
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/faithfull.%20.jagger%20wanted%20christie%20instead.
09/01/2005 22:01
January 9th, 2005 11:10 PM
kath well, that wouldn't have been a problem for mick...he gets on with his life all the time...leaving a trail of children, albeit well provided for children, in his wake....
January 10th, 2005 08:38 AM
glencar Julie Christie was outstanding in her time. Was Mick too shy to "woo" her or did she turn him down?
January 11th, 2005 11:43 PM
corgi37 I wouldnt believe a word that old crow says.

Sure, she did Mick for several years because Keith told her to and she loved him?

So, when Jagger dumped her, she shouldnt have given a shit? Except, to her, Keith would be upset?

Buy her a box of Mars bars and hope tell her to get over it.

She was dumped!

She is the weakest link!

Bye-bye!

bah-bao. (um, thats supposed to be that buzzer sound, but i dont know how to type it).

Bar-bow perhaps?
January 12th, 2005 07:00 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

She was dumped!

She is the weakest link!

Bye-bye!

Hey, now that was uncalled for! Give the girl a break corgi! I don't understand why the women that had / have relationships with the Stones should always get this treatment. Mick was no saint, neither was Marianne, but they both had something there and they both left the relationship with quite some buggage... You don't cross people out of your life.

Not to mention, that it's not really Marianne's choice: she gets to be asked the same stupid questions that certain journalists think are "sensational", oh tell us about your affairs with Mick and Keith and co... I've read a hundred times her refusing to asnwer, but some questions do get answered and they get republished, and I don't think it's her fault.

Marianne has done lots of mistakes, but has a lot to her credit as well... And with all that behind, I recognize her the right to repeat as many times as she wants any number of stories fom HER life.
January 12th, 2005 07:39 AM
LadyJane Agreed Fotini!!

AND I might add, Marianne has consistently put out new material..much of it critically acclaimed. More than I can say for a pair of Twins we all know and love!

Let's show her some respect. She's earned it!

LJ.
January 13th, 2005 12:53 AM
corgi37 Respect what? Her wildy varying thoughts on history? She is still bitter, and its pretty sad if you ask me.

But, really, she shouldnt be bitter, because she loved Keith, not Mick.

She must have been suicidal when Keith got married to Patti!

She's just full of shit. She wont admit Jagger dumped her because she was a hopeless junkie.
January 13th, 2005 05:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Respect what? Her wildy varying thoughts on history? She is still bitter, and its pretty sad if you ask me.

But, really, she shouldnt be bitter, because she loved Keith, not Mick.

She must have been suicidal when Keith got married to Patti!

She's just full of shit. She wont admit Jagger dumped her because she was a hopeless junkie.

I don't think she's STILL bitter. She keeps getting asked the same questions over and over again. She's a woman, that's the problem imo. The world and the press and everyone can accept a man going around in circles, sleeping with many different women at the same time, having a Peter Pan syndrome and releasing solo records refusing to advance musically but only trying to imitate the latest trends - but a woman should be stigmatized forever cause she had an affair with a rock star. Big deal.

We weren't inside their relationship to see just what went wrong Corgi, but I think the woman does deserve some respect. She made it through the sixties, junk AND Jagger, and that alone gives her many points in my book. Not to mention, as LJ pointed out, her records are always meaningful and her music and live performances are great.

And a hopeless junkie! Should Mick then have thrown Keith out of the band when he was a hopeless junkie?!
January 13th, 2005 06:56 PM
corgi37 Well, he wasnt doing Keith like he was doing Faithfull.

Or, was he??? hahahaha.

Plus, Keith made him money. Maybe the only thing more important to Jagger, apart from himself, was/is money.

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood