ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ian Stewart's Boogie Woogie Bootleg Return to archive
January 9th, 2005 01:50 AM
Make It Funky Hey Stoners... Just wondering if there has ever been an unreleased album/cd of strictly Ian Stewart tickling the ivories??? As a piano/boogie player myself, I'd be keen on getting my grubby hands on this... Does anyone know if there has ever been a solo release, ora just overdubs of Ian's playing? If not, why not??? Maybe I'm neurotic, or obsessed with the stringed instruments, but, I could handle listening to a piano barrel-house player for hours on end... Can anyone help??

cheers!
January 9th, 2005 02:39 AM
riccardo I have asked the same question to the guy that published the massive book Stu,he said they are working on an album,but it will be another Rocket 88 album.I too hoped for a solo album,like those last seconds on Dirty Work!
January 9th, 2005 08:55 AM
Stonesprofessor Does this mean they will also be releasing Rocket 88 on CD....FINALLY?????
January 9th, 2005 09:17 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rocket 88 was produced by Stu and it was a project conceived by him but Stu only plays in one track "Swindon Swing"

In 1988 Eric Clapton released a special size vinyl LP with two songs co-written by Stu in a very good quality restoration from the original tapes recorded at Jimmy Page's house in June 1965:

"Draggin' My Tail" with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, Ian Stewart, Bill Wyman & Chris Winters

and

"West Coast Idea" with Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Ian Stewart and Bill Wyman

In both Mick plays the harmonica only and were written by Page/Clapton
January 9th, 2005 09:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Hey Stoners... Just wondering if there has ever been an unreleased album/cd of strictly Ian Stewart tickling the ivories???

No, making an extensive research I found some singles by "Ian Stewart" in the 50s but of course it was not Stu

We have a website dedicated to Stu and one of the sections include the released stuff with Stu playing, and some sessions that have not seen the light of life

http://rocksoff.org/ian.htm
January 10th, 2005 11:14 AM
jpenn11 Stu played extensively in the 1978 tour rehearsals. "Woodstock Tapes"?
January 10th, 2005 12:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Stu was not present at the Woodtock reherasals only Bernhard Harvey and Mac. However Stu and mac were the pianos for the whole tour
January 11th, 2005 12:01 AM
jpenn11 Thanks for the correction Voodoo!
January 11th, 2005 05:00 PM
Stonesprofessor
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Rocket 88 was produced by Stu and it was a project conceived by him but Stu only plays in one track "Swindon Swing"

In 1988 Eric Clapton released a special size vinyl LP with two songs co-written by Stu in a very good quality restoration from the original tapes recorded at Jimmy Page's house in June 1965:

"Draggin' My Tail" with Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Mick Jagger, Ian Stewart, Bill Wyman & Chris Winters

and

"West Coast Idea" with Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Ian Stewart and Bill Wyman

In both Mick plays the harmonica only and were written by Page/Clapton

this is sometimes available on eBay on a 3 disc set called:

Clapton Page Beck

not too many people realize that Jagger,Wyman and Stu are on these tracks...
January 13th, 2005 03:21 PM
Tom Any chance to get a copy or MP3s?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood