ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black&blue or Tattoo you Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 11th, 2005 10:34 AM
jb Black and Blue by a small penis.........
January 11th, 2005 04:52 PM
KeithRichardsgrl I like Black&Blue and Tattoo you! Their both great album's but I think my favorite is tattoo you.
January 11th, 2005 05:28 PM
Joey
quote:
KeithRichardsgrl wrote:
Which album is better?? Black & Blue or Tattoo you?

Im just woundering.

Tattoo You
January 11th, 2005 08:22 PM
wkoetke No contest - Tattoo You. I like Black and Blue too, but I like Tattoo You much much better.
January 11th, 2005 10:03 PM
steel wls Tattoo You is the greatest rock album of all time. Side 2 is great to have some lovin to.
January 11th, 2005 11:38 PM
Zack I think TY is a better album, that B&B just lacked something. I just picked up Rags to Excess, which adds Slave and one instrumental, reshuffles the lineup plus tightened up the long gaps between songs and it makes a WORLD of difference. Now the only problem is that Slave's on two albums!

PS Thanks mac_d for the art!

PPS Speaking of Mickboy changing track lists, can anyone tell me the sequence for his version of SMR? Thanks
January 12th, 2005 12:01 AM
mac_daddy i'm stumped, zack - smr?
January 12th, 2005 12:33 AM
glencar satanic majesties request.
January 12th, 2005 12:38 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
satanic majesties request.

no wonder i didnt recognize it

i have that one - i will have to look for it...

what is it called again..? did you try iluvmickjagger..?
January 12th, 2005 03:45 AM
Zack Yes, it was on I Love Mick Jagger. I thought he had probably changed the name like the others, but this time he hadn't Since I brought it up:

1. Sing This All Together
2. Citadel
3. Dandelion
4. In Another Land
5. 2000 Man
6. Child of the Moon
7. Cosmic Christmas
8. She's a Rainbow
9. The Lantern
10. Gomper
11. 2000 Light Years
12. We Love You

Meaning he dropped Sing This All Together (See What Happens) and On With the Show, the latter I think is not so bad a tune. I presume Cosmic Christmas is the weird bit at the end of the original side 1, which I believe is When You Wish Upon a Star slowed way down.

Thanks again, mac.
January 12th, 2005 04:19 AM
beer Didn't Mickboy also do 'Aftermath'?

Titled 'Only When It's Frozen', cuz the original title to Aftermath was gonna be 'Could you walk on water'?

i though that was kinda funny.

-
January 12th, 2005 04:28 AM
beer
quote:
Zack wrote:
Yes, it was on I Love Mick Jagger. I thought he had probably changed the name like the others, but this time he hadn't Since I brought it up:

1. Sing This All Together
2. Citadel
3. Dandelion
4. In Another Land
5. 2000 Man
6. Child of the Moon
7. Cosmic Christmas
8. She's a Rainbow
9. The Lantern
10. Gomper
11. 2000 Light Years
12. We Love You

Meaning he dropped Sing This All Together (See What Happens) and On With the Show, the latter I think is not so bad a tune. I presume Cosmic Christmas is the weird bit at the end of the original side 1, which I believe is When You Wish Upon a Star slowed way down.

Thanks again, mac.

Citadel,Dandelion, 2000 Man, She's a Rainbow, 2000 Light Years, and We Love You, are all excellent.

So is Child Of The Moon, but it should'nt be included cuz it was "Beggars Banquet" recording era, right?
B-side of Jumpin Jack Flash.

-

January 12th, 2005 04:30 AM
Zeeta Tattoo You is the dog's with fleas!

Black and Blue is cool but Tattoo You is just better, more songs and aggression and side 2 is wonderful!
January 12th, 2005 04:52 AM
beer oh Yeah, i forgot to pay attention to the original question. Tattoo You is better than BlacknBlue imo.

I think Tattoo You is one of the best sounding albums they ever released. I love the sequence of the songs - which is key to a great Lp. Also the variety, and the dirty guitars all over side one. Long Black Limosine!

Then ya flip it over and it's a whole different deal. I could listen to 'Waitin on a friend' endlessly. 'Tops' is great. i like every song on it, actually.

-
January 12th, 2005 05:41 AM
Zack
quote:
beer wrote:

Citadel,Dandelion, 2000 Man, She's a Rainbow, 2000 Light Years, and We Love You, are all excellent.

So is Child Of The Moon, but it should'nt be included cuz it was "Beggars Banquet" recording era, right?
B-side of Jumpin Jack Flash.

Yes, according to Time Is On Our Side, it was recorded in March 68, three months after the release of Satanic Majesties. But I think it should be considered the last of the psychedelic Stones, as it still has that feel, despite being produced by Jimmy Miller. There was no producer but the band for Satanic (and it shows!)

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood