ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Jagger in Melbourne Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 5th, 2005 09:09 PM
corgi37 Holy shit! I was listening to my blue rinse talk back radio station i always listen to at work (3aw) and blow me down, Chris Jagger was on! He was talking up a little tour he is doing, and a new cd he has coming out. He came over as a bit of a dick head, but was ok. One song from the cd was very zydeco. It sounded like a duet with Sheryl Crow! Mick sings duet on 1 track too.

Then, today in 1 of our morning papers, it stated he is in Oz to check up on his mothers family tree. Good old Eva Scutt was born in Sydney in 1913. Her sister and her went to England, and never returned. She never saw her father again (sniff). Chris is quoted as saying that every time Mickey baby comes here, he throws parties for hundreds of relatives. Chris is hoping to have a drink at a pub. Poor bugger reckons he has never been here before because he couldnt afford the ticket.

It is so lovely to have it confirmed Mick is 1/2 Aussie. Now, Ned Kelly doesnt seem so ridiculous!
January 6th, 2005 06:36 AM
glencar I read years ago that Eva was part Jewish. I met Chris Jagger in London a few years ago & he was actually very nice.
January 7th, 2005 01:20 PM
Factory Girl If Eva is jewish, so is Mick. That should make Joshie tingle.
January 7th, 2005 01:33 PM
Monkey Woman I must have read every Mick Jagger biography around and I've never seen anything about his mother being Jewish. Eva Scutts was of English-Irish origins according to Chris Sandford's very detailed book.
However, it's interesting to note that Marianne Faithfull's mother's first name was Eva too. And she was part Jewish.
January 7th, 2005 06:15 PM
glencar MW, I read it years ago. My best friend is Jewish & he was reading some book on The Encyclopedia of Jews or something like that. I was just getting into my Stones addiction at the time & I'm sure it wasn't about Marianne's family. Of course, just because it's in a book doesn't make it true.
January 7th, 2005 06:24 PM
Riffhard "The Encyclopedia of Jews"

I don't know why,but that is fucking hysterical! For the love of God I hope this does not lead to more "jew lists". Please guys just let it go. I might be forced to respond with a "Presbyterian list". Ofcourse,I'll have to consult my handy "Enclopedia of Presbyterians" first.

Riffhard
January 7th, 2005 06:25 PM
glencar My friend is not like that anymore but he used to be just like Joshy. Very jew-conscious. Now he doesn't even care about Israel.
January 8th, 2005 09:13 AM
Monkey Woman I don't know about that encyclopedia, glencar. I just never read or heard anything about that. I only mentionned Marianne because her mother's first name was Eva too.

Maybe the people who compiled that encyclopedia were confused about which member of the Rolling Stones was part Jewish.
January 8th, 2005 10:24 AM
glencar That's possible. But I do recall that they also said she was an Aussie. Of course, that could have been confused with "Austrian"!
January 8th, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
"The Encyclopedia of Jews"

I don't know why,but that is fucking hysterical! For the love of God I hope this does not lead to more "jew lists". Please guys just let it go. I might be forced to respond with a "Presbyterian list". Ofcourse,I'll have to consult my handy "Enclopedia of Presbyterians" first.

Riffhard

Riffy - I'm a Presbyterian (somewhat lapsed). You can start with me

To add to the above, I've never read anything either about Mick's mum having Jewish ancestry. I dont believe she is.
January 8th, 2005 03:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Riffy - I'm a Presbyterian (somewhat lapsed). You can start with me

To add to the above, I've never read anything either about Mick's mum having Jewish ancestry. I dont believe she is.

Being from Belfast I had assumed you might be Gazza! I too am Presbyterian. John Knox was a great man!!

The only thing jewish about Jagger is his attitude towards money! j/k Josh!

Gazza
Riffhard
John Knox

Riffhard
January 8th, 2005 04:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Being from Belfast I had assumed you might be Gazza!

LOL. Not that easy an assumption to make, actually. The religious make up of the city I'd guess to be about 45% Catholic, with almost all of the rest being one form of Protestantism or another (mostly Anglican or Presbyterian).

The slight irony is that our most famous musical export - Van Morrison - was actually raised as...a Jehovah's Witness...
January 8th, 2005 04:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL. Not that easy an assumption to make, actually. The religious make up of the city I'd guess to be about 45% Catholic, with almost all of the rest being one form of Protestantism or another (mostly Anglican or Presbyterian).

The slight irony is that our most famous musical export - Van Morrison - was actually raised as...a Jehovah's Witness...

Gazza. Are all the women in Ireland as good looking as the sisters in The Corrs?

Just curious
January 8th, 2005 04:13 PM
Gazza I used to work with a girl who could easily have passed for a fourth Corr sister.

There's an American comedian called Dom Irrera who I particularly like. He maintains that there are no "OK" looking women in Ireland and that they're all either goddess-like or something bordering on mutant-status.

I dont think he's far wrong. They're certainly better looking now than they were when I was about 20, thats for sure. I think I was born 20 years too early!

I have to say though that I've never seen such a higher percentage of drop dead gorgeous women in my life as there is in Rome. Even some of the nuns were worth a second glance. Then again, I think wherever I go, the women tend to be stunning.

If you want to trade locations and look for pretty women, Tele, I'm up for it

January 8th, 2005 04:16 PM
Riffhard Well all I know is that the Presbyterian church started in Northern Ireland. I assumed that the religeous makeup of Belfast would have leaned a bit more Presbyterian. Shows what I know!

Riffhard
January 8th, 2005 04:22 PM
telecaster LOL Gazza

My families names are Ireland, Sullivan and O'Connor

I know of what Don Irrera (the prop comic) speaks
He is funny

Man the Corrs are somthing else. Their mother just died
a year or so ago. My girlfriend's best friend is their cousin and she went to visit them with him

I would love to trade places Gazza. You would like the women in Chicago, awesome. We get so many good looking girls because they come from all over the midwest to work in the "big city"

Plus they aren't screwed up like the girls in New York or LA
January 8th, 2005 04:43 PM
Gazza [quote]telecaster wrote:

>My families names are Ireland, Sullivan and O'Connor

ah, Ok...so you're an eye-tie then..LOL

>I know of what Don Irrera (the prop comic) speaks
He is funny

I think hes a fuckin riot. I'm amazed hes not better known. I love that Italian insult routine he does where they add those 'eraser' lines when they say somethin' bad to you to make it sound less offensice, like "with all due respect - your mother's a slut" or "you're an ugly, mutant pinhead......uh, I don't mean that in a BAD way.."

>Man the Corrs are somthing else. Their mother just died
a year or so ago. My girlfriend's best friend is their cousin and she went to visit them with him

I thought Mrs Corr died a few years before that. Must be maybe 3-4. Maybe I'm wrong. They're from Dundalk, just over the border. They're very pretty, although I think Andrea's too thin. Prefer the drummer myself

>I would love to trade places Gazza. You would like the women in Chicago, awesome.

I love American women. End of story. LOL

>We get so many good looking girls because they come from all over the midwest to work in the "big city".Plus they aren't screwed up like the girls in New York or LA

well, oddly enough LA and New York are the only two places in the US I've really been to for any length of time. I wont stereotype the women's level of "screwed-upness" because I've met some who were great and some who were a bit....off the radar somewhere. In some cases, they were both! Physically, though - a big thumbs (and other things) up, all round.

I do fancy Chicago as a place to go, however and have done for quite some time. If I get to the US for the tour this year, and that depends on quite a few factors, it would probably just be one trip instead of the two I did last time and would probably be either Chicago or New York. We have direct flights to Newark from here starting in March which certainly makes it easier to get to NY for me, but we'll see.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 8th, 2005 04:49 PM
telecaster I agree the drummer is by far the best. Plus she is a great drummer

Gazza. Two words about Chicago. Chess Studios

2120 S. Michigan Ave

A ten minute cab ride from Buddy Guy's bar

Be there
[Edited by telecaster]
January 8th, 2005 04:55 PM
telecaster Gazza The Corrs are like another product of the UK: The Spice Girls

Except The Corrs have beauty, brains & talent
January 8th, 2005 04:56 PM
Gazza If & when I do make it to Chi-Town, you can bet yer ass that those two places will be VERY high in my priorities!
January 8th, 2005 04:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Gazza The Corrs are like another product of the UK: The Spice Girls

Except The Corrs have beauty, brains & talent

agreed. From a male point of view, my take on those talentless publicity obsessed bubbleheads is close to the description Truman Capote gave of Mick Jagger, ie :

"..about as sexy as a pissing toad"
January 8th, 2005 05:16 PM
gorda You guys are looking for beautiful women?

Santa Barbara, California!

I hear that the women there are just drop-dead gorgeous!

(I'm not gay or anything like that, I overheard my brothers talking, and they were saying that the women in Santa Barbara were beautiful! )
January 8th, 2005 05:17 PM
gorda Also, Rio de Janeiro!

Brazilian women have these perfect bodies, they wear these tiny, tiny thong bikinis!
January 8th, 2005 05:29 PM
Riffhard Do not under any circumstance underestimate the women of Hotlanta,Ga. Those Georgia peaches are mighty sweet and they love it when you stroke their fuzz!

Riffhard
January 8th, 2005 05:29 PM
Gazza Yes indeed to all

In honour of my 5,000th post (all but 12 of which have been of the highest quality and packed full of useful information and/or smooth repartee and which have included exactly 74 retorts of "fuck off" To Josh) I would like to request a party in my honour to be held in either Chicago, Atlanta, Santa Barbara or Rio de Janeiro to coincide with the next Stones' shows in that locale, which would be attended by as many Rocks Offers as possible and where I will be duly supplied with copious amounts of the local beer, white wine and all the women I can eat.

Thank you, kindly.

[Edited by Gazza]
January 8th, 2005 05:33 PM
glencar Make it Rio!
January 8th, 2005 05:35 PM
telecaster LOL to Riffy & Gazza!

Great stuff

I saw you approaching 5k Gazza but didn't want to say anything as I don't want to encourage the weekday posters

Gazza I just played The Corrs "Toss The Feathers" video which I haven't seen in a couple years

1. The drummer is the hottest so you and I have great taste in women, so to speak

2. I think there is actually a man in the band/group
but I can't confirm

3. They are really, really talented

Riffy, as you know I am in SC still and the women here are OUTSTANDING! I was in GA (Georgia) a week ago and they were OUTSTANDING as well

I guess beauty is everywhere

Look at the women on this board from around the world

January 8th, 2005 05:44 PM
Gazza >2. I think there is actually a man in the band/group
but I can't confirm

the girls' brother Jim will be flattered to know you werent sure of his gender. The little beard he sometimes has tends to give the game away! When The Corrs were opening for the Stones on the No Security tour (I think it was in Philly), Mick asked Andrea out to dinner. Knowing the old goat's track record and fearing the worst, she brought Jim along as well, presumably he moonlights as a chaperone.

>I guess beauty is everywhere
Look at the women on this board from around the world

Believe me. I have. Several times.
January 8th, 2005 05:46 PM
glencar Andrea Corr slipped up with "Wild Horses" in Dublin. BTW Know was a Scot. My source is that Jewish Encyclopedia.
January 8th, 2005 05:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Knox was a Scot. My source is that Jewish Encyclopedia.

LOL. Correct. He was. Good to see they're 'claiming' him as well as Mick!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood