ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What you have been reading lately? (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
January 5th, 2005 12:38 PM
Factory Girl Hello FPM. Good to see you posting again.
January 5th, 2005 02:07 PM
caro Nothing but french books at the moment...

"Neige" ("Snow") by Maxence Fermine. The story is a Japanese guy who wants to write haikus about snow. It's a short novel -- the first pages are quite clichéesque and irritating, and then it all suddenly falls into place.

"Françafrique", by François-Xavier Verschave, about France's dirty business in Africa. I've only just started reading it, but I've been told by people who know the subject that it's very good.

...and I'm re-reading some books about cinema:

"La toile trouée", and "La voix au cinéma" by Michel Chion. Two books about the way sound is perceived in films. Funny and fascinating, even if you're not into film analysis. It's a bit of a psychological approach, with plenty of nice intricate theories. For example, how a character that exists solely through a voice-off can acquire a quasi-supernatural power in a film, and how it loses that power once the spectator is able to attach a body to that voice. Um... Anyway. I think one of these books has been translated to English as "The Voice in cinema".

"The movement-image", by Gilles Deleuze. Check out that one if you don't mind reading theoretical essays. It's a sort of philosophy of cinema as a language. I usually stay away from any philosophical book, but this one's very sensitive, relatively clear and, all in all, brilliant.
January 5th, 2005 02:46 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hello FPM. Good to see you posting again.

Thanks FG! I took some time off from this place after my side lost the election. Figured the "Nyah Nyah" factor would be too high. I went off to Tibet to fast, center myself and meditate on the meaning of it all. On the 40th day I saw a vision - a man appeared on a flaming pie and said "America has ALWAYS been a country of arrogance and bloodthirsty ignorance. Just ask the natives! Embrace your assholishness, as the rest of the world did long ago!" I've been much happier ever since!

So you're a Libertines fan? I haven't heard them but I do like to see drugs back in vogue!Their drummer played with the Dolls at their reunion in London. Pretty friggin' great.

[Edited by FPM C10]
January 5th, 2005 02:53 PM
jb "Ibis and masterbation"
January 5th, 2005 03:06 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
"Ibis and masterbation"

I masturbate !

It's true ................I DO !

January 5th, 2005 03:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I masturbate !

It's true ................I DO !

He does!!!

It's true!!!

JOEY masturbates...quite frequently!!!

Yes!!!

I swear!!!
January 5th, 2005 03:16 PM
jb I would love to bang that Eva logoria....
January 5th, 2005 03:18 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
I would love to bang that Eva logoria....

It's Longoria...and, yes, I would love to bang her too, my Jewish friend!
January 5th, 2005 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

It's Longoria...and, yes, I would love to bang her too, my Jewish friend!

January 6th, 2005 10:16 AM
seclusion J.J. Flash, I think I left you a pm? or personal message? lol I've never done this before so I don't know if you got it or not.
January 6th, 2005 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HELTER SKELTER ..FOR THE 10TH TIME

January 6th, 2005 10:36 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks JB
January 6th, 2005 10:36 AM
F505 quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BILL PERKS wrote:

I missed the first nine.
January 6th, 2005 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BILL PERKS wrote:

I missed the first nine.

Hello F505 .................................

Er , what about today ?!?!?!
January 6th, 2005 11:29 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello F505 .................................

Er , what about today ?!?!?!

Hello joey, today we (the Dutch) are collecting money for the victims of the tsunami. It's on tv all night....
January 6th, 2005 12:55 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Thanks FG! I took some time off from this place after my side lost the election. Figured the "Nyah Nyah" factor would be too high. I went off to Tibet to fast, center myself and meditate on the meaning of it all. On the 40th day I saw a vision - a man appeared on a flaming pie and said "America has ALWAYS been a country of arrogance and bloodthirsty ignorance. Just ask the natives! Embrace your assholishness, as the rest of the world did long ago!" I've been much happier ever since!

[Edited by FPM C10]

LOL Sounds like your internal "NYAH NYAH" factor is all you need. Why can't Dems ever be gracious when they lose?
January 6th, 2005 12:59 PM
jb "Pros and cons of penile implants'.
January 6th, 2005 01:00 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:

LOL Sounds like your internal "NYAH NYAH" factor is all you need. Why can't Dems ever be gracious when they lose?

Ahem...have I NOT been gracious, glenny???

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Ahem...have I NOT been gracious, glenny???

LJ.

Amen LJ_____________===============------------->
January 6th, 2005 01:09 PM
gypsy Joey's review of www.maxlugar.com
It's the best thing I've read in ages...I laughed, I cried, I read it again!
January 6th, 2005 01:09 PM
LadyJane I would like to point out that jb has also been VERY gracious!!

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Joey's review of www.maxlugar.com

Is Max getting a lot of hits?
January 6th, 2005 01:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Is Max getting a lot of hits?

No.
January 6th, 2005 01:20 PM
glencar LJ, you have been as gracious as ever. I guess I don't think of you as a typical Dem. Joshy too ahs been gracious. I spent some time this morning at some lefty blogs & they are just so damned vicious. When their side wins, it's because it's the right thing. When they lose(which usually happens!), America is a vile & racist nation crawling with homophobes & religiosu nutcases.
January 6th, 2005 01:20 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

No.

January 6th, 2005 01:22 PM
glencar I just hope he doesn't link to some of the other boards. I despise those people.
January 6th, 2005 01:22 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

It sucks if you're MaxLugar.
January 6th, 2005 01:29 PM
LadyJane Thank you glenny, on behalf of jb and myself. Neither of us can be put in a category as he and I are truly unique individuals who are capable of seeing the truth in a non-biased manner.

LJ.
January 6th, 2005 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

It sucks if you're MaxLugar.

January 6th, 2005 01:46 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Joey's review of www.maxlugar.com

btw, I work with software/web development, so hire me in case you need Maxlugar.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood