ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Today: Last day of Aceves' exhibition and RO Party on the air!!
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 9 earthquake/tsunami Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
December 26th, 2004 09:32 PM
kath since this is a much more international board than sdb is, i am hoping none of us live in the wake of this horrible disaster! what a horrific scene! my heart goes out to all those affected.
December 26th, 2004 10:12 PM
Gazza Indeed. Absolutely horrific. When you see things like that, you realise how lucky you are.

I know we have a few members/posters who live in that area. Navin lives in Bangalore,India which is fortunately some distance inland, so he was someone I automatically thought of when I saw the news this morning.
December 26th, 2004 10:18 PM
LadyJane Isn't Zack from Sri Lanka???

LJ.
December 26th, 2004 10:30 PM
Gazza He's actually from the US, but seems to move around as he works for UNICEF.

He is indeed based in Sri Lanka at present, or he was when I sent him some stuff a couple of months ago.

He's in the capital, Colombo, which is about halfway up the west side of Sri Lanka. I havent heard about that city being affected, so I'm presuming/hoping he hasn't been.

Let us know, Zack!

[Edited by Gazza]
December 27th, 2004 12:53 AM
LadyJane This is horrible. 12,000 people wiped out by waves?! WTF? Dear God. Our prayers are with you. How sad.

LJ.
December 27th, 2004 02:55 AM
Jumacfly let's have a prayer for all those people, and wish them better days very soon.
hope the international help will soon arrive to prevent people from epydemias...
Nature is stronger than human race, never forget that..

December 27th, 2004 04:19 AM
egon mother nature can be cruel. Terrible...
December 27th, 2004 08:21 AM
Navin Everything ok here. Don't really know anyone from the affected areas, and in fact, found out about it from the news myself
December 27th, 2004 01:11 PM
Martha I'm so glad to hear you are ok Navin. :-)

Oh my....what a horrific event, so many people lost....how terribly sad and scary. My heart goes out to anyone and everyone affected by this tremendous force of nature.

with peace,
Martha
December 27th, 2004 01:37 PM
kath the count will go much much higher. they said whole villages were swallowed up. tourists who were sunbathing on the coast never saw the wave coming until it was too late. can you imagine seeing that big fuckin wall of water coming at you...jeeezuz.

what a horror. i wonder if chris will be going there to help??

December 27th, 2004 03:15 PM
Gazza I'm happy to let everyone know Zack is OK.

He contacted me to let me know that he and his family had debated whether to spend the holidays at the beach or to go to France.

Thankfully, they chose France, otherwise they would probably have been a statistic.

Glad to hear you're OK, Navin.
December 28th, 2004 01:56 AM
glencar What a tragedy. The death toll is even higher now. Drudge had a "40,000?" headline so this could be an incredible event. Good luck to those in the path of the wave.
December 28th, 2004 03:25 AM
FotiniD Glad to hear Navin and Zack are alright. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard on the news. Just think of the vast distance those tsunamis traveled, strinking so many different areas with such force! It is awful, just awful
December 28th, 2004 06:53 AM
thejuf my heart goes out to everybody affected by this disaster.

the juf
December 28th, 2004 06:56 AM
gypsymofo60 - approxamately 5 grands worth of would be terrorist joy flighters. Wher the f****'s my Danny Bonnaducci rubber duck?
December 28th, 2004 07:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
- approxamately 5 grands worth of would be terrorist joy flighters. Wher the f****'s my Danny Bonnaducci rubber duck?

Can you elaborate your view please, cause I don't quite grasp what you're trying to say.
December 28th, 2004 07:10 AM
gypsymofo60 Well!............It's like this. I dislike terrorists, and the DAn Bon scenario you'll have to check out via video. Believe me! it is a giggle.
December 28th, 2004 07:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Well!............It's like this. I dislike terrorists, and the DAn Bon scenario you'll have to check out via video. Believe me! it is a giggle.

So, if I get this right, your rationale is "thank God for the tsunamis, we got rid of potential terrorists"?

I hope that you're joking, but even in that sense, you'll have to agree it's a stupid joke, to say the least. Twisted. Sick.
December 28th, 2004 07:28 AM
gypsymofo60 OFCOURSEIT'S- FUwhoooooooooooooops---errrrrrrrrrr sick, whatcha think flying an efffffffffffffffing aeroplane into a building is?....Global effffffffing diplomacy?-------I live in Australia man!....It may not be exactly a...9/11, but Bali hurt alot of people here. Maybe there's a touch, just a touch of divine intervention at work here.
December 28th, 2004 07:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
OFCOURSEIT'S- FUwhoooooooooooooops---errrrrrrrrrr sick, whatcha think flying an efffffffffffffffing aeroplane into a building is?....Global effffffffing diplomacy?-------I live in Australia man!....It may not be exactly a...9/11, but Bali hurt alot of people here. Maybe there's a touch, just a touch of divine intervention at work here.

I'm speechless.
Did you ever SEE what happened there man? Dead kids we're talking about! Over 20.000 dead people! Have you no soul? What on earth did Sri Lanka or Thai or any of these countries ever do to Australia for crying out loud?

I can't even begin with this man, you're really way out there. Have you no soul? Have you gone NUTS?

What a great comeback you made.
December 28th, 2004 07:47 AM
gypsymofo60 Seriously dude! Are you like 10 years of age ,or what? I dealt with MUTILATED,BLOODIED, F***** up stiffs 7 days a week for ten years. What's a couple of bath toys?
December 28th, 2004 07:50 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Seriously dude! Are you like 10 years of age ,or what? I dealt with MUTILATED,BLOODIED, F***** up stiffs 7 days a week for ten years. What's a couple of bath toys?

Whatever. Sorry your experiences turned you into cold stone man, really.
December 28th, 2004 07:56 AM
gypsymofo60 Font, you really mustn't take me so seriously guy! Do you really think I enjoy watching people swept away like that? seriously, don't fret! It's just my sick sense of humour, it aint personal man.
December 28th, 2004 08:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Font, you really mustn't take me so seriously guy! Do you really think I enjoy watching people swept away like that? seriously, don't fret! It's just my sick sense of humour, it aint personal man.

Sorry Gypsymofo60, but I just don't see the funny side in this. You can't joke with dead kids. There's no room there for jokes.

Aside from that, no problem really, but you got me going there! Nothing personal of course, but... Well, just not funny..

By the way, I'm a girl.
December 28th, 2004 08:19 AM
gypsymofo60 Good God! You're a girl? Excuse me!..........I apologise profusely of course. I'm afraid that sometimes my sense of wit, and propriety are severely lacking. Goodness gracious, I'm so ashamed. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. KISS KISS!
December 28th, 2004 08:28 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

[...]
By the way, I'm a girl.

Oh yeah...Fotini is a babe who I'm certainly looking forward to meet soon....
December 28th, 2004 08:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Oh yeah...Fotini is a babe who I'm certainly looking forward to meet soon....

Thanks JJ

No problem Gypsymofo.

I just hope this was the last huge disaster this year brought to mankind (lost count of them!) and for a long, long time.
December 28th, 2004 08:44 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Thanks JJ

No problem Gypsymofo.

I just hope this was the last huge disaster this year brought to mankind (lost count of them!) and for a long, long time.

You've got PM FotiniD!

Take care!
December 28th, 2004 09:02 AM
egon fucking hell, even this thread seems to be spinning out of control.

75.000 they estimate now....
December 28th, 2004 09:09 AM
nankerphelge The power of nature is incredible.

The video I have seen looks like the ending of Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

What a horrible tragedy.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood