ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I need some advice. Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th January 2008 03:50 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gorda wrote:
What do I do?

What To Do Yeah!

Talk to Mick.

I used to be an "Alfie" actually in my younger years.

But I'm still 37.
10th January 2008 04:46 PM
tumbled
quote:
pdog wrote:

I appreciate the compliment. i wish it was that cool in my cab. I do have some great conversations, and have been on a soapbx or two. My best advice was telling parents how to navigate the beauracracy, that is our public school placemnt system, aka lottery.
Truth is, most of my advice is to people who are irratating. I got asked by a woman, of low self esttem and high gold digging aspirations, if she should see a certain man again, for a second date. She told me the guy came down here from Napa to date her, and was demanding sex after drinks. you'd think this was a no brainer, but she included, he's a surgeon, and repeated it a few times. She wasn't asking a rhetorical question, she was really not sure. I had to point out to her, in a very condescending way, that she never even mtold me if the guy was attractive, or interesting, she gave me his reume... There's a nickame for these type of people, mostly women, the W-2 Girls.
I'd like to think that people like this don't exist, in fact, I have to think this most of the time. BUT!!! they continue to take cabs, so i'm forced to accept the existance of idiots and shallow fools. Now imagine, meeting people at lightning speeds, in diverse as imaginable profiles and descriptions. Truth is only about 1% of interesting. In the course of a year, we'd be lucky if we got more than two hours worth of interesting to watch stuff, like you picture on TV cab shows ect... Truth is, those shows are contrived.
It keeps getting harder and harder for me. I literally am passing people up b/c I don't like the way they flag a cab. You just put your arm up and wait for the cab to pull over right? One would think, you'd be amazed at what people do, and then they wonder why I drive by them. If they are that retarded in public, god knows how annoying they will be while I'm trapped in a car with them for the longest ten minutes imaginable. Too ften I have to tell annoying ignorant people to shut p. And when they are shocked and self righteous, I point out, calmly, I am this cabs HR Dept. and you're behaviour is out of line. My job is like that of the substitute teacher and the really cool older brother all mixed together... As you see, it does help my posting skills and my advice giving capabilties!!!

well it is very interesting job you have. I imagine you would become quite philosophical over time, and yes, we as human, tend to stereotype people. For instance, No black man in DC can hail a cab going east. It is profiling at its worst. I guess its human nature to try and
minimize your difficulties based on past experience.

anyway, at least you have less self-righteous lawyer yuppies than over here.

~~~~~~~~~

Gorda, drinking doesn't help with obsession ..imaginary lovers .. until you know his fatal flaws, you may never get over it, think how bad his feet must stink
10th January 2008 04:51 PM
Scottfree
quote:
gorda wrote:

Ha! Ha! Ha!

In my fantasy, internet world, I am Micky's forever!

BUT, THIS IS REAL LIFE!
I WANT TRUE LOVE, TOO!
I DESERVE HAPPINESS, TOO!

You're going to have problmes/issues if you rely on others for your happiness.... You need to create your own, don't be reliant..
10th January 2008 05:04 PM
tumbled
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

You're going to have problmes/issues if you rely on others for your happiness.... You need to create your own, don't be reliant..

this is very true and difficult for women to swallow,

i.e., we must buy our own shoes. so to speak
[Edited by tumbled]
10th January 2008 05:18 PM
Dont Fuck With Don

[img]http://www.yourupload.de/images/080110/ESbuJSnj.gif[img]

[Edited by Dont Fuck With Don]
10th January 2008 05:38 PM
tumbled you forgot to put /img blah \img

don't listen to em Gorda. go to www.zappos.com and buy some shoes/boots. You'll feel much better and do less damage to your fragile heart.

[Edited by tumbled]
10th January 2008 05:47 PM
Joey " ... we must buy our own shoes. so to speak "

10th January 2008 06:18 PM
fireontheplatter i wonder how gorda made out today

i wonder if she took tb's stalking advice
10th January 2008 06:55 PM
Dan I have blue eyes.
10th January 2008 07:04 PM
pdog
quote:
tumbled wrote:

this is very true and difficult for women to swallow,

I'm having a really hard time, not taking this comment and making jokes about the obvious!
10th January 2008 08:58 PM
gorda
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i wonder how gorda made out today

i wonder if she took tb's stalking advice

I think that I am going to forget about this man. It is just a crush. I'll get over him eventually.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000000000000ooooooooooooh!

But, he is soooooooooooooooooooo sexy!

I want to bonk him!
10th January 2008 09:25 PM
tumbled We want to love the man at the expense of our own best interest. its unfathomable..... if they would only
just love us back...dam it they never do WHY WHY WHY and man is out for himself more or less. spread the genetics amongst the greatest number. Its God's cruel joke on humanity I tell you
10th January 2008 09:32 PM
TampabayStone [quote]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000000000000000ooooooooooooh!

Photobucket
10th January 2008 09:44 PM
tumbled ewwwwwwwww

thanx for sharing...
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)