ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I need some advice. Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th January 2008 07:46 PM
gorda Last year, I met this gorgeous man. Okay, I didn't meet him. I saw him from across the room and fell in love. Anyways, I did not see him again for about 8 months, until recently I saw him again, and had a brief conversation with him. I have seen him again on 2 other occassions, but he has not spoken to me. (He just walked by me and smiled, like he recognized me. But, he didn't stop to say hi or anything like that.)

I don't know what to do, I cannot get him out of my mind. I think about him 24/7. Anyways, I somehow got his phone number, and I could call him, but would that be too weird?

Or should I just wait until I see him again, and then somehow approach him.

(Oh, something else, I think he has a girlfriend . . .BUT, I DON'T CARE,I'M IN LOVE!)

What do I do?

What do I do?
9th January 2008 07:49 PM
glencar Write to Dear Abby.
9th January 2008 07:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >and fell in love.<

No. NEVER do that. EVER.
Falling in Love's OK, but Never Fall First.

You lose your leverage that way.
9th January 2008 07:57 PM
gorda I can't help it! I'm obsessed!

I'm really, really in love!

He has blue eyes and is like 10 years older than me.
9th January 2008 08:00 PM
TampabayStone Is there a pic of the girlfriend?
9th January 2008 08:04 PM
gorda
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Is there a pic of the girlfriend?

I don't know if he has a girlfriend.
When, I asked one of his acquaintances for his phone number, he told me, "Gorda, I think he has a girl friend."

And, I was like, "I don't care I want his number."

And, he was like, "Go ask ----. He may have it."
9th January 2008 08:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gorda wrote:

I don't know if he has a girlfriend.
When, I asked one of his acquaintances for his phone number, he told me, "Gorda, I think he has a girl friend."

And, I was like, "I don't care I want his number."

And, he was like, "Go ask ----. He may have it."

I would ask ---- to do a little leg work for and find out the skinny on him. Then run into him again.
9th January 2008 08:08 PM
fireontheplatter p dog will know the answer

just wait....you'll see

check out guitar george...he knows all the chords

mind you he's stricty rythem....he doesn't want to make it cry or sing

i'm standing up to sing
9th January 2008 08:12 PM
gorda
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I would ask ---- to do a little leg work for and find out the skinny on him. Then run into him again.

Thank you for your advice. I think you are right. I should wait! WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! Until, I see him in person again. Because, otherwise, if I call him out of the blue, he will probably think I'm crazy.

Although, now that I have his number, maybe he is waiting for me to call?
9th January 2008 08:13 PM
gorda I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT!

I WANT TO SEE HIM TODAY!
9th January 2008 08:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT!

I WANT TO SEE HIM TODAY!

What will Mick say?
He thought you were his.
9th January 2008 08:15 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
p dog will know the answer

just wait....you'll see

check out guitar george...he knows all the chords

mind you he's stricty rythem....he doesn't want to make it cry or sing

i'm standing up to sing

Photobucket
9th January 2008 08:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gorda wrote:
Last year, I met this gorgeous man. Okay, I didn't meet him. I saw him from across the room and fell in love. Anyways, I did not see him again for about 8 months, until recently I saw him again, and had a brief conversation with him. I have seen him again on 2 other occassions, but he has not spoken to me. (He just walked by me and smiled, like he recognized me. But, he didn't stop to say hi or anything like that.)

I don't know what to do, I cannot get him out of my mind. I think about him 24/7. Anyways, I somehow got his phone number, and I could call him, but would that be too weird?

(Oh, something else, I think he has a girlfriend . . .BUT, I DON'T CARE,I'M IN LOVE!)

What do I do?

What do I do?

Discretely hand him a matchbook with a note on the inside that says "Meet me in the green Buick in the parking lot...No one needs to know"...If nothing eles, you'll know whether or not he's gay

9th January 2008 08:20 PM
gorda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What will Mick say?
He thought you were his.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

In my fantasy, internet world, I am Micky's forever!

BUT, THIS IS REAL LIFE!
I WANT TRUE LOVE, TOO!
I DESERVE HAPPINESS, TOO!
9th January 2008 08:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gorda wrote:

Although, now that I have his number, maybe he is waiting for me to call?

he is waiting he is waiting oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah
9th January 2008 08:24 PM
gorda
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Discretely hand him a matchbook with a note on the inside that says "Meet me in the green Buick in the parking lot...No one needs to know"...If nothing eles, you'll know whether or not he's gay

WTF? No way! He'll think I'm a slut!
9th January 2008 08:27 PM
gorda
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

he is waiting he is waiting oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah

No, he isn't. For sure, by now, they told him that I am in love with him and now he is "flattered" that someone has a crush on him, but he is probably eating dinner with his live-in girlfriend RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT!

I'M JEALOUS!
9th January 2008 08:31 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gorda wrote:

No, he isn't. For sure, by now, they told him that I am in love with him and now he is "flattered" that someone has a crush on him, but he is probably eating dinner with his live-in girlfriend RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT!

I'M JEALOUS!

Find out his address and do a little stalking.
9th January 2008 08:32 PM
fireontheplatter why don't you go talk to him

talk to him

talk to him
talk to him
talk to him

talk to him

???????????????????????????

9th January 2008 08:36 PM
pdog
quote:
gorda wrote:
I can't help it! I'm obsessed!

I'm really, really in love!

He has blue eyes and is like 10 years older than me.

You sound obsessed, which isn't the same as love. Love you may do some goofy things, obsession, you may do some really regretable shit.

My advice, talk to him, find out if you even like him as a person. And if he is involved, move on... Let him now, you're interested, but respect the current relationship. If he is single later, jump on it. BUT!!! Please, talk to him, make sure you like him, looks are good, but the person is more...
Good luck.
9th January 2008 08:38 PM
TampabayStone Photobucket
9th January 2008 08:56 PM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:

You sound obsessed, which isn't the same as love. Love you may do some goofy things, obsession, you may do some really regretable shit.

My advice, talk to him, find out if you even like him as a person. And if he is involved, move on... Let him now, you're interested, but respect the current relationship. If he is single later, jump on it. BUT!!! Please, talk to him, make sure you like him, looks are good, but the person is more...
Good luck.

Yes, it's not true love. It's just an obsession. And, I really don't know him. Except for the fact, that he's a handsome older man. It's sad really. When, I was a little girl and I used to dream about Prince Charming, he looked exactly like that. Blue eyes with salt and pepper hair.

I just have to forget about him. In fact, I had already forgotten all about him, until I recently saw him again . . . and I'm "in love" again.

But, the best thing is just to forget about him. If he had been interested in me, he would have said something like, "Hey, let me buy you a drink." Or something like that. But, he didn't.

But, he did come back, 3 times! And, he lives far away! He actually had to go out of his way to come here!

. . . sigh . . .

9th January 2008 09:02 PM
Bitch Gorda I think the best advice is to find out more about him, and find out where he works, then you can 'accidently' bump into him and start a conversation. See if you like him, and if you think you have a chance with him, then GO FOR IT! Who cares if he's in a relationship, unless he's married or engaged, than there is no commitment so he's open territory! I say dont give up until you've made an attempt. If he shoots you down though, dont make a fool of yourself, just act cool. Good luck!!!!
10th January 2008 01:04 AM
Sioux
quote:
pdog wrote:

Good luck.

pdog, you are so wise. I had no idea... All you say is true...
10th January 2008 02:43 AM
pdog
quote:
Sioux wrote:

pdog, you are so wise. I had no idea... All you say is true...

Truth is, I've been in her situation, so my experience may help... then again, the best teacher, is living, and we all need to make our own mistakes to get to what's right...
10th January 2008 03:21 AM
open-g Good say from Pdog - hats off.

talk to him, get to know him a bit - but please don't stalk^^

I got stalked again just before x-mas.
...in a real nasty way.
had to drag that girl out of my place by the hair and call the police at 5:30 - ouch!

I'm sure you're good gal, Gorda
keep the faith.
10th January 2008 11:39 AM
tumbled Pdog, when you do this, I keep thinking of that song, about the cab driver you know, that old song, about the taxi driver giving advice to the people in his cab? what is that song?? oh shit its that harry chapin song and it crax me up. I see you in your cab with your cup of coffee, looking in rear view mirror dishing out advice.
but you are a very smart guy I must say...

Gorda. when you get this obsession, it means you know its wrong but indulge anyway, cuz you already know subconsciously he's unavailable. I know what you are going thru tho., i get obsessed with people all the time. I think the stones obsession is part of the tendency.

Read:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=507150&in_page_id=1879

~!~

slow day at the office...nobody comes to work anymore!!

i know someone who married someone who they met on eharmony and she is very happy

[Edited by tumbled]
10th January 2008 03:26 PM
pdog
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Pdog, when you do this, I keep thinking of that song, about the cab driver you know, that old song, about the taxi driver giving advice to the people in his cab? what is that song?? oh shit its that harry chapin song and it crax me up. I see you in your cab with your cup of coffee, looking in rear view mirror dishing out advice.
but you are a very smart guy I must say...

I appreciate the compliment. i wish it was that cool in my cab. I do have some great conversations, and have been on a soapbx or two. My best advice was telling parents how to navigate the beauracracy, that is our public school placemnt system, aka lottery.
Truth is, most of my advice is to people who are irratating. I got asked by a woman, of low self esttem and high gold digging aspirations, if she should see a certain man again, for a second date. She told me the guy came down here from Napa to date her, and was demanding sex after drinks. you'd think this was a no brainer, but she included, he's a surgeon, and repeated it a few times. She wasn't asking a rhetorical question, she was really not sure. I had to point out to her, in a very condescending way, that she never even mtold me if the guy was attractive, or interesting, she gave me his reume... There's a nickame for these type of people, mostly women, the W-2 Girls.
I'd like to think that people like this don't exist, in fact, I have to think this most of the time. BUT!!! they continue to take cabs, so i'm forced to accept the existance of idiots and shallow fools. Now imagine, meeting people at lightning speeds, in diverse as imaginable profiles and descriptions. Truth is only about 1% of interesting. In the course of a year, we'd be lucky if we got more than two hours worth of interesting to watch stuff, like you picture on TV cab shows ect... Truth is, those shows are contrived.
It keeps getting harder and harder for me. I literally am passing people up b/c I don't like the way they flag a cab. You just put your arm up and wait for the cab to pull over right? One would think, you'd be amazed at what people do, and then they wonder why I drive by them. If they are that retarded in public, god knows how annoying they will be while I'm trapped in a car with them for the longest ten minutes imaginable. Too ften I have to tell annoying ignorant people to shut p. And when they are shocked and self righteous, I point out, calmly, I am this cabs HR Dept. and you're behaviour is out of line. My job is like that of the substitute teacher and the really cool older brother all mixed together... As you see, it does help my posting skills and my advice giving capabilties!!!
10th January 2008 03:34 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
gorda wrote:
Last year, I met this gorgeous man. Okay, I didn't meet him. I saw him from across the room and fell in love. Anyways, I did not see him again for about 8 months, until recently I saw him again, and had a brief conversation with him. I have seen him again on 2 other occassions, but he has not spoken to me. (He just walked by me and smiled, like he recognized me. But, he didn't stop to say hi or anything like that.)

What do I do?

What do I do?

DO WHAT JOEY DOES..GO TO A BAR AND TALK TO HIS IMAGINARY FRIENDS
10th January 2008 03:44 PM
Joey " Last year, I met this gorgeous man. Okay, I didn't meet him. I saw him from across the room and fell in love. Anyways, I did not see him again for about 8 months, until recently I saw him again, and had a brief conversation with him. I have seen him again on 2 other occassions, but he has not spoken to me .... "

Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)