ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What songs would you most like hearing, if the world was coming to an end ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th January 2008 06:11 AM
GBaxter Including any Stones songs if you want to (but any
non-Stones songs are fine), what'd be the top 5 (or even top 10 if you want) songs by title and name of performer or group, you'd most want to play from your iPod (connected to some excellent external speakers) at a party you'd have with some friends (if you had to have a party), while the world was coming to an end ?

9th January 2008 07:47 AM
Gazza Living On A Prayer

The trauma of impending death and the fear of having Beelzebub and all his demons sticking hot pokers up my rectum for all eternity would be eased significantly with the pleasure of knowing that this would be the last time I ever have to be subjected to it.

[Edited by Gazza]
9th January 2008 07:50 AM
3DTeafoe That great Peggy Lee classic, "Is That All There Is", might be heard.
9th January 2008 07:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Living On A Prayer

The trauma of impending death and the possibility of Beelzebub and all his demons sticking hot pokers up my rectum for all eternity would be eased significantly with the pleasure of knowing that this would be the last time I ever have to be subjected to it.

Perhaps you're wrong about the nature of Hell. Perhaps Hell is tailor made for the individual. That way you could have to listen to it for all eternity.....a perpetual rewind.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
9th January 2008 08:17 AM
CrissCrossMind My Gereration ... Raiders On The Storm ... Gimme Shelter ... I Shall Be Released ... The Promised Land ...
I Still Haven't Found (Wha?) ... CCM
9th January 2008 08:50 AM
Jumacfly Cancel everything
I can feel the fire (Ronnie)
117 degrees (Izzy)
Bohemian like you (Dandy Warhols)
Rocks Off
9th January 2008 08:51 AM
gimmekeef We Had It All
The End by The Doors
No Particular Place To Go

9th January 2008 09:24 AM
Highwire Rob EVE OF DESTRUCTION - Barry McGuire
9th January 2008 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
GBaxter wrote:
Including any Stones songs if you want to (but any
non-Stones songs are fine), what'd be the top 5 (or even top 10 if you want) songs by title and name of performer or group, you'd most want to play from your iPod (connected to some excellent external speakers) at a party you'd have with some friends (if you had to have a party), while the world was coming to an end ?

Gimme Shelter
9th January 2008 10:26 AM
JohnLeeHacker "Rainy day women n° 12 & 35" - Dylan.
9th January 2008 10:53 AM
glencar Nigger Fucker
9th January 2008 11:11 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nigger Fucker

lol, me too!

9th January 2008 11:17 AM
glencar LOL I only wrote that because this is about the 400th thread to ask the same question!
[Edited by glencar]
9th January 2008 12:55 PM
Mr Jurkka Wild Horses
9th January 2008 01:49 PM
speedfreakjive Midnight Rambler live or Brown Sugar
9th January 2008 02:13 PM
Mr.D

Just looking through, dunno who posted it but definitely The End by the doors, that would be nice wouldnt it, though if judgement was approaching i dont think i'd care too much wat my soundtrack would bemaybe Your Time Is Gonna Come, lol
9th January 2008 02:15 PM
LadyJane "Rocks Off" as I'm quite sure most of us will spend eternity TOGETHER in HELL!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
9th January 2008 02:18 PM
CrissCrossMind Heaven????????
9th January 2008 03:10 PM
robpop My Way.
9th January 2008 05:22 PM
axl79 Down in the Hole
9th January 2008 05:30 PM
pdog Seems you guys are picking songs you like. Well, my POV is, that if the world was ending suddenly, that fate would have it, the song I'd hear would be one I hate!!!

9th January 2008 06:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Seems you guys are picking songs you like. Well, my POV is, that if the world was ending suddenly, that fate would have it, the song I'd hear would be one I hate!!!

I picked a song I hate!
9th January 2008 06:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Down in the Hole

Come on DOWN!
9th January 2008 06:33 PM
guitarman53 1-Gimme shelter.
2-The End.
3-Riders on the storm.
4-Space oddity.
5-19th Nervous Breakdown.
9th January 2008 07:02 PM
fireontheplatter green grass and high tides by the outlaws would be one song

any song by the stones would be my last wish....save for indian girl and streets of love

get down jimmy
9th January 2008 07:40 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Seems you guys are picking songs you like. Well, my POV is, that if the world was ending suddenly, that fate would have it, the song I'd hear would be one I hate!!!

And that's a pretty bad version of it too!
10th January 2008 01:07 AM
Sioux "Nearer My God To Thee"...isn't that what the orchestra was playing as the Titanic went down?
10th January 2008 01:52 AM
andrews27 MEMORY MOTEL
10th January 2008 02:16 AM
Gimme Shelter Gimme Shelter
10th January 2008 02:18 AM
mrhipfl "this is the song that never ends...

....yes it goes on and on and on...."
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)