ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The last of the Heinies has died! (nsc) Return to archive
8th January 2008 02:55 PM
Starbuck The last surviving German soldier of the First World War, Erich Kastner, has passed away! check it out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_K%C3%A4stner_%28WWI_veteran%29

now them krauts is all gone....

[Edited by Starbuck]
8th January 2008 02:58 PM
Honky Tonk Man Sad really. Another bit of history bites the dust.

There are still a few Brits left though!
8th January 2008 07:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
The last surviving German soldier of the First World War, Erich Kastner, has passed away! check it out....

Photobucket
9th January 2008 12:40 PM
Starbuck you have no bloody respect for history!
9th January 2008 12:53 PM
glencar I'm amazed out how you're always amazed by the passage of time. The US WWI guys are all done, right? Or will that require you to start another Motels-like thread?!?
9th January 2008 12:57 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I'm amazed out how you're always amazed by the passage of time. The US WWI guys are all done, right? Or will that require you to start another Motels-like thread?!?

i've started three such threads in the past year and i get compared to TTM? ouch!

don't you have some goddamn planes to park or something?
9th January 2008 01:01 PM
glencar It's my day off - this week only. Beautiful day here in LI. Time to leave this PC & get outside.
9th January 2008 01:04 PM
glencar And sorry for being so harsh. I see that idiot has restricted himself to the "Change a letter or word" thread & that's already become even less scintillating!
9th January 2008 06:49 PM
Fiji Joe
10th January 2008 03:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't see how this thread 'blows'.

The last German soldier from the Great War has died. There must be something like 12 survivors left now.

When they're all gone, that'll be it. There will be no more direct links and thats not a good day.

I think the reaction here would e soewhat differet if, all of a sudden, all the World War 2 survivors snuffed it. It's happen before we know it.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)