ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Steelers as ghey as a French Richard Simmons Appreation Thread (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
22nd December 2007 08:36 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
For Stillers fans...

Is the loss of Parker (or Pahkah as we say here) an issue?
What's happening with the O line, 9 sacks? Rothlesburger limping off the field?
And where is the NFL leading D?
Did the Pats get into Tomlin's head that much?

This falls under the category of unneccessary roughing!...The NFL's near the top D suffered immeasurable damage when Aron Smith was lost.Yes Ben limped off after his third career "perfect" passing game...I dont think anyone can get into Tomlins head yet cause he isnt coaching.He is letting his assts run the show.Next year we will be more capable of competing at our more accustomed level of power.As far as is Parker an issue..Oh I dont know lets take the NFL's leading rusher off any team and see if they are as good.Nellie isnt there an undefeated Boston Girls Volleyball team you need to worry about?..LOL..Okay rant over my friend..resume heavy Stonesing and full force drinking!
23rd December 2007 12:59 PM
Nellcote Today, it's Sunday Gravy day. Frying the pork, add to the red sauce once it's come to room temp. It will be about ready once the 415P kick off starts. If you are in the area, stop by for some pasta. BYOB. Here's my new source for fun and entertainment pre game....

23rd December 2007 04:05 PM
robpop [quote]WinslowStud wrote:
who's feelin it?

It's offical. Steelers division champs again. The Bungles come through.

http://novogate.com/board/3001/240760-1.html

[Edited by robpop]
23rd December 2007 06:52 PM
Highwire Rob In my mind is a Cleveland afternoon!

OHHHHH, CLEVELAND -- YOU BLOW MY MIND!!!!

This one's just for Winslow and the Clowns:

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
23rd December 2007 07:35 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
In my mind is a Cleveland afternoon!

OHHHHH, CLEVELAND -- YOU BLOW MY MIND!!!!

This one's just for Winslow and the Clowns:

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

How long you been sitting on that one? lol

Eddy Vedder?
23rd December 2007 08:16 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

How long you been sitting on that one? lol

Eddy Vedder?

Winslow Stud's R.E.M. taunts just had to be answered! LOL

Oh yeah, Cleveland fans right about now:

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
23rd December 2007 08:31 PM
sirmoonie Being a Steelers fan is a blessing from the black baby Jesus.

The Steelers Nation lives forever in the heart of Man.

26th December 2007 03:28 PM
TampabayStone As good as the Pats are this year, I only see one team that has a shot at a upset..........The Bucs.........it's just a shame that we'll prob will not get the chance to see them play.
26th December 2007 03:29 PM
Some Guy Falcons need a coach.
26th December 2007 03:33 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
As good as the Pats are this year, I only see one team that has a shot at a upset..........The Bucs.........it's just a shame that we'll prob will not get the chance to see them play.

Why not?..We know Pats are going to the bowl..If Bucs are that good they'll get there too..Heres my Power rankings as of now:
1.Pats
2.Colts
3.Dallas
4.Jags
5.Chargers
6.Packers

The rest are way back.........
26th December 2007 04:14 PM
Nellcote GK, your AFC is showing....You can't possibly place Chargers in that six, they are such a fraud team.
I agree with CHFF's rankings..
http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Category/10_Power_Rankings.html

Pats
Colts
Cowboys
Packers
Jags
Steelers

A John Gruden coached team will never beat the Pats.
Why?
He humiliated himself for life on 1/19/02, as coach of the Raiders, the payback for Jack Tatum game.
Who wears a visor during a snow game?
Pats then visited Pittsburgh a week later, where Brady was taken out, and Drew "cement feet" Bledsoe led us to SuperBowl 36, with the rest being history....
26th December 2007 04:17 PM
Some Guy Falcons ownership is dropping the ball on this one.
26th December 2007 04:38 PM
Nellcote Breaking....
CBS & NBC to simulcast Pats/Gints game Saturday night...formerly only available to NFL Network subscribers....
26th December 2007 04:49 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Breaking....
CBS & NBC to simulcast Pats/Gints game Saturday night...formerly only available to NFL Network subscribers....

Very nice...I loathe NFL network.
26th December 2007 04:52 PM
Nellcote Word is this simulcast has not happened for many years...
NFL is trying to make nice....and bump up their network at the same time. If I am correct Pats owner Kraft is on the televison comm for NFL...
26th December 2007 05:33 PM
TampabayStone [quote]Nellcote wrote:

A John Gruden coached team will never beat the Pats.
Why?
He humiliated himself for life on 1/19/02, as coach of the Raiders, the payback for Jack Tatum game.
Who wears a visor during a snow game

I like where we are at. I don't think we will be a true Superbowl contender while Garcia & Galloway are still active, but they are helping make us competitve as we rebuild. We had a few rooks starting this year, prob the best o-line we have had in since..I don't know when. Graham came out deep from the bench. Greg White was was unexpected also, our number 1, Gaines Adams is above the curve in starting ends.

It don't matter to us what he did in Oakland, Gruden brought us the trouphy while the window was still open. Again, he has the team going in a positive direction. Not everyone buys Gruden down here, but I do.

Who wears a visor during a snow game--That is funny!! He spent some of his teenaged years in the area...we don't know how to dress in the cold...

26th December 2007 05:41 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Breaking....

Yeah, after they sqeezed everbody they could to either buy it or fire the cable company and then buy it.. Seems like it was not worth the little ding to goodwill--NFL should not follow Stones example.
26th December 2007 10:38 PM
robpop Comcast cable gave the screw to football fans by moving the NFL network to their premium package. I refused to give in. Not that I can't afford it, but why should I pay an extra twenty buck a months to get shit I will never watch.

Comcast does have great high speed internet. That is the only reason I have not switched over to another provider.
26th December 2007 10:43 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:
Comcast cable gave the screw to football fans by moving the NFL network to their premium package. I refused to give in. Not that I can't afford it, but why should I pay an extra twenty buck a months to get shit I will never watch.

Comcast does have great high speed internet. That is the only reason I have not switched over to another provider.

Even if you have the NFL Network thru Brighthouse cable here, you still were not getting these games.. You had to have Dish.
26th December 2007 10:57 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Even if you have the NFL Network thru Brighthouse cable here, you still were not getting these games.. You had to have Dish.

Wow, we always got the games here through Comcast on the NFL network.
27th December 2007 08:55 AM
Throwaway For those of us whose teams will be free on weekends once the new year begins, we can look forward to this:

North Mississippi All Stars tour dates: select dates featuring ALVIN "YOUNGBLOOD" HART

JANUARY 2008

Sat 01/12/2008 Steamboat, CO Ski Jam Tent - 2008 Ski Jam
Sun 01/13/2008 Bouder, CO, etown
Thu 01/17/2008 Hattiesburg, MS, The Bottling Company, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 01/19/2008 Birmingham, AL, WorkPlay, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Tue 01/22/2008 Starkville, MS, Rick's Cafe, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Wed 01/23/2008 Tuscaloosa, AL, Jupiter Bar & Grill, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Thu 01/24/2008 Charlotte, NC, Neighborhood Theatre, Special Guest: TBA
Fri 01/25/2008 Falls Church, VA, The State Theatre, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 01/26/2008 Troy, NY, Revolution Hall, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sun 01/27/2008 Boston, MA, The Paradise Rock Club, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Tue 01/29/2008 New York, NY, Highline Ballroom, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Wed 01/30/2008 Burlington, VT, Higher Ground, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Thu 01/31/2008 Toronto, ON, Lee's Place, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart

FEBRUARY 2008

Fri 02/01/2008 Detroit, MI, Saint Andrews Hall, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 02/02/2008 Chicago, IL, The Cubby Bear, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Tue 02/05/2008 Boise, ID, The Big Easy, with Grace Potter
Wed 02/06/2008 Seattle, WA, Neumos, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Thu 02/07/2008 Portland, OR, Wonder Ballroom, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Fri 02/08/2008 San Francisco, CA, The Independent, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 02/09/2008 San Francisco, CA, The Independent, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Mon 02/11/2008 Anaheim, CA, House of Blues with Drive By Truckers, Special Guest: The Felice Brothers
Tue 02/12/2008 Los Angeles, CA, Avalon Hollywood with Drive By Truckers, Special Guest: The Felice Brothers
Thu 02/14/2008 Denver, CO, Bluebird Theater, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Fri 02/15/2008 Boulder, CO, Fox Theatre, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 02/16/2008 Boulder, CO, Fox Theatre, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sun 02/17/2008 Snowmass, CO, Budweiser Hi-Fi FREE Concert, Fanny Hill, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Tue 02/19/2008 Lawrence, KS, The Granada, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Wed 02/20/2008 Little Rock, AR, The Revolution Room, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Thu 02/21/2008 Austin, TX, Antone's, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Fri 02/22/2008 New Orleans, LA, Tipitina's, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sat 02/23/2008 Memphis, TN, New Daisy Theatre, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
Sun 02/24/2008 Nashville, TN, 3rd & Lindsay Bar & Grill, Special Guest: Alvin Youngblood Hart
27th December 2007 09:44 AM
gimmekeef If the simulcast has the NFL Network announcers Gumball and Cluelessworth doing the play by play it will end any chances they have of getting 100% national coverage.Those 2 are putrid.....
27th December 2007 11:56 PM
robpop Where has WinslowStud been all week?
28th December 2007 12:32 AM
WinslowStud
quote:
Where has WinslowStud been all week?

humpin yo mamma.

playoffs...new season baby. anything can happen.

pats are so beatable...only teams they take for sure are the dolphins and stillers. if the browns don't get em the colts will.

rob i thought you were coming up here ... you chickened out quicker than willie parker running against the browns DLine. girlie!

28th December 2007 09:49 AM
gimmekeef Hey Stud....good year congrats on a big come back for the Browns.However you better hope Jim Sorgi and the Jr Colts beat the Titans or you watch..
28th December 2007 10:28 AM
Nellcote Pats face a tough Giants team.
They are very good in all three phases of the game.
They are coached well.
Giants are in the playoffs, they did not get there
by not playing hardnosed football.
This is a hostile environment.
Been a tough week, a short week, holiday, Saturday game.
Pats need to play 60 minutes of football to beat this team.
On to the Meadowlands...
28th December 2007 11:36 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pats face a tough Giants team.
They are very good in all three phases of the game.
They are coached well.
Giants are in the playoffs, they did not get there
by not playing hardnosed football.
This is a hostile environment.
Been a tough week, a short week, holiday, Saturday game.
Pats need to play 60 minutes of football to beat this team.
On to the Meadowlands...

Nelly you cut and paste the same analysis 16 weeks in a row....but your system seems to work!..lol..Good Luck!
28th December 2007 11:45 AM
Nellcote GK, we need to stay focused.
One game at a time, it is a one game season.
28th December 2007 11:50 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
GK, we need to stay focused.
One game at a time, it is a one game season.

True.But I think Pats will gitter done..sadly though with mounting injuries and likely facing Jags in round one..I'm looking to next year....Been a pretty good season considering the prognosis heading in...
28th December 2007 01:05 PM
Starbuck the pats are not as good as the 86 bears....and i will also assert that they are not as good as the 98 vikings, the last team to go 15-1 if my shoddy football memory serves. the vikes beat all their opponents by like 20 points that year and didn't even come close to losing to the likes of baltimore or philly.

sadly, they choked in the playoffs harder than puggie with a hogs n honies collection plate...

oh, so painful!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)