ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Steelers as ghey as a French Richard Simmons Appreation Thread (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
18th December 2007 10:26 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

I remebember Doug Williams in that uniform more than I remember him winning the Super Bowl.

Yeah, he took us to the NFC Championship game. That Culberhouse was a cheap bastard; he def screwed him. Leroy Selmon was a badass.

During most of his era; Bucs were making as much money as most any team in the League and had the lowest payroll. We could of had Bo......
18th December 2007 10:53 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Yeah, he took us to the NFC Championship game. That Culberhouse was a cheap bastard; he def screwed him. Leroy Selmon was a badass.

During most of his era; Bucs were making as much money as most any team in the League and had the lowest payroll. We could of had Bo......

Great stadium an fans there in Tamps. I have been there a few times. That huge draft beer they sell there, what is it a 46 ouncer? Damn you gotta drink that thing fast in the heat and humidity. My cousin has a few condos out on Treasure Island, I get there at least once a year. Beutiful ladies down there. Man, I have a blast evertime I get down there. I was happy to see you guys win the Super Bowl a few years ago.
18th December 2007 11:16 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Great stadium an fans there in Tamps. I have been there a few times. That huge draft beer they sell there, what is it a 46 ouncer? Damn you gotta drink that thing fast in the heat and humidity. My cousin has a few condos out on Treasure Island, I get there at least once a year. Beutiful ladies down there. Man, I have a blast evertime I get down there. I was happy to see you guys win the Super Bowl a few years ago.

It gets nasty real quick, then you end up drinking to many cause slugging them while their cold...

Man, the beaches along the inner costal are great, Clearwater, not so much.. It was alot better when I was growing up. I can't even imagine, not living within striking distance of the Gulf.

Thanks, any right minded football fan has to admit we deserved it. We were one and done, but had some strong teams for several years prior (Rich was not good at drafting on the offence--Glad we dumped him in the ATL). Plus our 25 years of pure hell.
18th December 2007 11:24 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

It gets nasty real quick, then you end up drinking to many cause slugging them while their cold...

Man, the beaches along the inner costal are great, Clearwater, not so much.. It was alot better when I was growing up. I can't even imagine, not living within striking distance of the Gulf.

Thanks, any right minded football fan has to admit we deserved it. We were one and done, but had some strong teams for several years prior (Rich was not good at drafting on the offence--Glad we dumped him in the ATL). Plus our 25 years of pure hell.

Hey what is the name of the Irish bar that is also a Steeler bar just up Dale Mabry from Raymond James Stadium? Got loaded there a few times. The best bar I remember there in Tampa was a dive joint on the bottom floor of one of the skyscrapers. That place was fun. Its closed now. I will be at Raymond James everytime the Steelers play there. Tampa is a great town with friendly people.
18th December 2007 11:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Hey what is the name of the Irish bar that is also a Steeler bar just up Dale Mabry from Raymond James Stadium? Got loaded there a few times. The best bar I remember there in Tampa was a dive joint on the bottom floor of one of the skyscrapers. That place was fun. Its closed now. I will be at Raymond James everytime the Steelers play there. Tampa is a great town with friendly people.

I prob never went in if it has Steeler fans, the Gator fans are about all I can take. N or S from the Stadium?

I think you're talking about The Hub, place was there forever (might still be there, I've been in St. Pete for awhile). The drinks would put some hair on your chest.

I never travled to a Bucs game, almost did a couple of times, but I am not sitting in anything under 50 degrees. I thought I was going to die at a Georgia game several years ago (against Tech on Easter, Garrison's last year). We just don't have the cloths for that craziness.
19th December 2007 12:09 PM
gimmekeef Looks like Arthur Blank is annointing Bill Parcells as his saviour....Wouldnt want the coaching job with him looking over my shoulder.Must be the end for Rich McKay too...
19th December 2007 12:24 PM
Nellcote Parcells does like to move on doesn't he?
He will set the record for franchise involvement:

Giants
Patriots
Jets
Cowboys
Falcons

I'm probably missing some others...
19th December 2007 12:31 PM
Jumacfly We need a tour....ZZZZZZZZZ
19th December 2007 12:43 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
We need a tour....ZZZZZZZZZ

Yup..I agree...we now have 6 versions of Joey lurking..threads about panties...ass fucking etc...Time for the boys to get busy we need help!
19th December 2007 12:53 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yup..I agree...we now have 6 versions of Joey lurking..threads about panties...ass fucking etc...Time for the boys to get busy we need help!

the board is getting ghey but hopefully not french

19th December 2007 01:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Looks like Arthur Blank is annointing Bill Parcells as his saviour....Wouldnt want the coaching job with him looking over my shoulder.Must be the end for Rich McKay too...

what did I miss? Talk to me.
19th December 2007 01:27 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

what did I miss? Talk to me.

Check out ESPN.COM....Parcells to accept Falcons VP Football Operations
19th December 2007 01:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Check out ESPN.COM....Parcells to accept Falcons VP Football Operations

Wow! Gonna be some big changes a comin'
19th December 2007 02:45 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Parcells does like to move on doesn't he?
He will set the record for franchise involvement:

Giants
Patriots
Jets
Cowboys
Falcons

I'm probably missing some others...

He has screwed us twice.
19th December 2007 04:00 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I prob never went in if it has Steeler fans, the Gator fans are about all I can take. N or S from the Stadium?

I think you're talking about The Hub, place was there forever (might still be there, I've been in St. Pete for awhile). The drinks would put some hair on your chest.

I never travled to a Bucs game, almost did a couple of times, but I am not sitting in anything under 50 degrees. I thought I was going to die at a Georgia game several years ago (against Tech on Easter, Garrison's last year). We just don't have the cloths for that craziness.

The Hub was it. I could not think of it. The place stunk so bad from the bathrooms. I had the greatest time there though. We left there one night and I bought to six packs for the early moring beach thing. There was an accident on the Skyways bridge. We sat for almost two hours, but after a while people got out and walked around. I was the most popular person because I had beer. We had a mini night club going on the bridge. Dancing, loud music. I scored a date for the next night.

Well the next day came, and I was glad to find out there were no serious injuries in the accident.
19th December 2007 04:46 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

The Hub was it. I could not think of it. The place stunk so bad from the bathrooms. I had the greatest time there though. We left there one night and I bought to six packs for the early moring beach thing. There was an accident on the Skyways bridge. We sat for almost two hours, but after a while people got out and walked around. I was the most popular person because I had beer. We had a mini night club going on the bridge. Dancing, loud music. I scored a date for the next night.

Well the next day came, and I was glad to find out there were no serious injuries in the accident.

What beach were you going too coming over the Skyway?? Do you mean the causeway? Sounds like you turned a mess into a good memory!
19th December 2007 05:03 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Wow! Gonna be some big changes a comin'

Parcells no ATL maybe Miami
19th December 2007 07:49 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Parcells no ATL maybe Miami

Yes indeed..what a smarmy bastard..Man wish Blanks would try and give me his money....
19th December 2007 09:27 PM
Nellcote Belichick hard on team
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff December 19, 2007 03:01 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- One theme prevalent today while speaking with players at Gillette Stadium was how Bill Belichick was tough on the team this morning.

"Everybody came in today thinking and trying to predict what kind of day we were going to have [and] in the team meeting, we got about 45 minutes of humble pie," cornerback Asante Samuel said. "Nobody expected it. I mean, he was just giving it to us, showing us what we need to do better, and everybody pops up on the tape. Nobody’s perfect. Everybody’s making bad plays or making mistakes, and he just wanted us to see that and realize that we need to improve in certain situations if we want to be a good team."

Quarterback Tom Brady echoed Samuel's thoughts.

"Coach gave it to us pretty good today," Brady said. "We've made plenty of mistakes. Especially the last month of football, I don't think it's been our best."

20th December 2007 11:25 AM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

What beach were you going too coming over the Skyway?? Do you mean the causeway? Sounds like you turned a mess into a good memory!

We were staying out on Madeira Beach at that time.

Sadly tonight, I'll probably be watching the Pitt-Duke game.
[Edited by robpop]
20th December 2007 11:32 AM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I enjoy the football appreation thread.

Who was responsible for that Brett Farve move?
20th December 2007 09:51 PM
Highwire Rob HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!
20th December 2007 10:03 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!

Dude, did you hear Parker broke his leg. Well anyway Pitt beat Duke in hoops. Great victory.
21st December 2007 08:58 AM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:

Who was responsible for that Brett Farve move?

I'm thinking Rankin Smith.
21st December 2007 09:27 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Rank move alright............
21st December 2007 04:21 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Sadly, Rankin was never able to produce a champion, however, Atlanta may not have had a team today if it was not for him.

Where is everybody today? Post work Christmas parties?
21st December 2007 04:58 PM
Nellcote For Stillers fans...

Is the loss of Parker (or Pahkah as we say here) an issue?
What's happening with the O line, 9 sacks? Rothlesburger limping off the field?
And where is the NFL leading D?
Did the Pats get into Tomlin's head that much?
21st December 2007 05:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:

Sadly, Rankin was never able to produce a champion, however, Atlanta may not have had a team today if it was not for him.

Where is everybody today? Post work Christmas parties?

Whilst on a beer run, I had a sixer of Iron City Ale in my hands yet opted for the Sweet Water festive ale.
22nd December 2007 12:58 AM
robpop
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
For Stillers fans...

Is the loss of Parker (or Pahkah as we say here) an issue?
What's happening with the O line, 9 sacks? Rothlesburger limping off the field?
And where is the NFL leading D?
Did the Pats get into Tomlin's head that much?

Nellie, we have been all year the NFL's most overrated team. Big Ben is the team. Willie Parker does not fit into a smashmout team. Maybe we should get some wide receivers during the off season that nobody else wants. LOL!!
22nd December 2007 01:01 AM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Whilst on a beer run, I had a sixer of Iron City Ale in my hands yet opted for the Sweet Water festive ale.

Don't tell Moonie, but I gave up of Iron a few years ago. It was tearing my inards apart. But, I still refuse to drink light beer. Shit, Iron City made the first light beer.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)