ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "The Biggest Bang"/"Shine A Light" Rocks Off deal! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st December 2007 05:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As you know, this site has been a free-site since we started almost 10 years ago; we have never ever asked for contributions, donations or any other kind of help. The board, the domain and the hosting are NOT free. Our time is free and we love what we do…

Now we are not asking you to donate, just to buy the DVDs and as you can see now you can get it from all over the world with the help from any of the above mentioned nice people from the USA, so if you live outside the USA you don’t have a valid excuse…

So shake your hips and your credit cards and buy it now to help a good cause…

Thanks to all who have bought it!
1st December 2007 05:46 PM
SweetVirginia Done. I bought 3 and e-mailed the receipt to the Trinity.

People on my Christmas list are getting this DVD whether they want it or not!

2nd December 2007 12:54 AM
parmeda Confirmation has been e-mailed.
2nd December 2007 01:35 AM
IanBillen [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
As you know, this site has been a free-site since we started almost 10 years ago; we have never ever asked for contributions, donations or any other kind of help. The board, the domain and the hosting are NOT free. Our time is free and we love what we do…

Now we are not asking you to donate, just to buy the DVDs and as you can see now you can get it from all over the world with the help from any of the above mentioned nice people from the USA, so if you live outside the USA you don’t have a valid excuse…

I am not saying I am not going to buy this. I DEFINATELY will. Just not right now is all. When I get some cash I certainly will buy it from this affiliation. You guys have been great. This board friggin rocks. Well I mean this board friggin... "rocks-off"!

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
2nd December 2007 05:25 AM
jostorm
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
As you know, this site has been a free-site since we started almost 10 years ago; we have never ever asked for contributions, donations or any other kind of help. The board, the domain and the hosting are NOT free. Our time is free and we love what we do…

Hey Voodoo and Gazza,

I don't want to be a "spoilsport", but to be honest, I would have no problem at all giving a yearly donation to help towards the cost of running this lovely place, but to buy DVds I will NOT be able to watch on my DVD player (and all the people I was going to buy more copies for as Xmas presents happen to reside in Europe, so I'm not entirely sure about their situation) would be a bit silly, do you agree ?

As to mrhipfl's "hacker", I wouldn't have the first idea of how to go about it, I have only just mastered copy and paste, and , quite honestly, my life is busy enough already. Once my current DVD player dies, it's a different story, I would certainly chose one without playing restrictions.

Perhaps this would be the moment to suggest this, and it's just a thought:

I think that most of the people on this board could easily contribute something towards the running costs (if they feel so inclined). And somehow I tend to feel that those who are on here CONSTANTLY churning out stuff on multiple threads, and regard their post count akin to inches added to their personality,their penis length or their "right to be here", could perhaps put their money where their mouth is and give a little bit more....

Good luck with all the Americans buying loads of DVDs and with the "Shine a Light" prize!

Jo
[Edited by jostorm]
2nd December 2007 08:02 AM
mrhipfl One Question. Does it work with four flicks as well or does it have to be the biggest bang?
2nd December 2007 10:32 AM
Gazza The offer is just for Biggest Bang
2nd December 2007 12:08 PM
Tom It's nice to see that the webmasters here are donating the prizes, Shidoobee was invited too but they just mention the sale with a link to Best Buy
2nd December 2007 12:49 PM
moy yes i saw it, they are going to keep the tix for themselves and not make them available to their members, too bad
2nd December 2007 12:54 PM
jostorm
quote:
Tom wrote:
It's nice to see that the webmasters here are donating the prizes, Shidoobee was invited too but they just mention the sale with a link to Best Buy

Well, we already knew that there are webmasters, and then there are WEBMASTERS!!!!!!!

It just ocurred to me while painting my kitchen that I could download it onto my ipod, now that would be cool!!!! So I would like to buy one copy, please, if your kind offer still stands. I'll immediately pay you back with Paypal, thanks!!!!!!!!!
Jo
2nd December 2007 01:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Tom wrote:
It's nice to see that the webmasters here are donating the prizes, Shidoobee was invited too but they just mention the sale with a link to Best Buy

No, now it's not just the link to BestBuy. They already amended it; they are doing exactly the very same we are doing and in the same way, so now thare are two contests, not similar but identical LOL

3rd December 2007 02:08 PM
Gazza Please note :

Due to legal technicalities under US federal law, we have been advised by Ultrastar to remove from this site the clause whereby you must purchase the DVD to enter these contests.

However, we're in the process of sorting this out with Ultrastar and our commitment remains that any giveaways or prizes won by this message board shall be distributed in as fair a way possible to this site's members.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd December 2007 05:48 PM
glencar I just ordered a copy of ABB along with that Capt. Teague talking doll & that At World's End movie.
3rd December 2007 06:02 PM
akissaway Placed an order. Will email my confirmation. Well done RocksOff (webmasters and members)!
4th December 2007 10:06 AM
GotToRollMe Confirmation emailed.
4th December 2007 12:46 PM
davidian Ok, thanx for register me. Mexico stones
4th December 2007 02:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
davidian wrote:
Ok, thanx for register me. Mexico stones

Welcome David, there are some Mexican fans here and of course much more in our message board in Spanish, http://www.rocksoff.org/foro so welcome to BOTH forums.

6th December 2007 12:29 PM
glencar Do you want us to email confirmations?
6th December 2007 04:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes please, thank you!!
6th December 2007 05:50 PM
glencar Ohay, expect it soon. Uh, list yer email though!
6th December 2007 07:37 PM
Gazza its on his profile!
6th December 2007 10:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ohay, expect it soon. Uh, list yer email though!

In this case it's better to send it to [email protected] with this the three of us get your e-mails
7th December 2007 01:00 PM
jb (no hijacking this thread)
[Edited by Gazza]
7th December 2007 10:06 PM
akissaway Gazza,
To thank you for keeping this topic hijack-free, I placed another ABB order through RocksOff. Best Buy is giving free shipping and a free $10 gift card with the purchase of the DVD set (and certain others). I emailed my confirmation.
7th December 2007 10:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Love you! Will ya?
7th December 2007 10:30 PM
glencar I'm having trouble sending email. I will send it to Gazza's PM if you don't mind...
8th December 2007 07:24 PM
mrhipfl I will order mine as soon as my dad puts some money o my account!
9th December 2007 09:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks in advance!
10th December 2007 09:37 PM
Wide As The Clyde
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

A lot of DVD players can be hacked to play all region DVD's pretty easily.

just search for it on here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

I was lucky enough to find a hack for my DVD player on there.

ALL DVD players. And ALL DVDs. They're all the same. All compatible, universal. The hardware and software are all alike, worldwide. The 'region' nonsense is a trick invented by the entertainment industry. It realised that very soon after digital machinery became widely available that digital-digital transcription would soon follow it. They just want PAID, and they want you and I to pay them. And to keep paying them. Despite their increasingly desperate attempts to shame us into not 'stealing' copyrights which anyone with any kind of home video equipment will be all too familiar with (the latest one here in the UK depicts a man in a pub being ridiculed by lots of people rounding on him and singing a song about how 'cheap' he is for buying 'knock-off' DVD's. Imagine the irony of the world's greediest, most covetous shower of bastards calling ANYBODY tight! I don't know how any of them sleep at night) they don't give a fuck for performing artists and their 'right to make a living'. They bought that obligation off long, long before they figured out how much value we place on the products which they have 'acquired', and offer for sale.

REMEMBER: VIDEO PIRACY FUNDS ORGANISED CRIME AND TERRORISM AND MAY JEOPARDISE FUTURE FILM PRODUCTION!!

Too fucking true it funds organised crime.
19th December 2007 08:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)