ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, Germany - 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachrichten with thanks to Helmut!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "The Biggest Bang"/"Shine A Light" Rocks Off deal! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th November 2007 08:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rocks Off - as one of the main Rolling Stones fansites - has been approached by Ultrastar Entertainment on behalf of the Rolling Stones to act as an affiliate for a promotion for 'A Biggest Bang' for the holiday season.

So here’s the deal…

Buy the 4-DVD set via this link (also this temporary banner which will be below the header from now to the end of the promotion) and send us a proof of purchase via e-mail to [email protected] … we will thank you for doing this!!

It is important to note that even that this promotion is in conjunction with BestBuy so the promotion is only available to residents of the USA, although you're welcome to help out non-residents too.

The offer ends on January 10, 2008 ET.

Last thing… Rocks Off is getting commission for the sales via that link, so if you buy it you are helping Rocks Off as the money we’ll get will be used to pay the fees for the message board (Novogate) and/or the annual fee for hosting (rocksoff.org); domain is already paid for the next 8 years.

As you know, this site has been a free-site since we started almost 10 years ago; we have never ever asked for contributions, donations or any other kind of help. We also have never accepted contributions from those offering to help with money.

The board, the domain and the hosting are NOT free. Our time is free and we love what we do…

Now we are not asking you to donate, just to buy the DVDs and as you can see now you can get it from all over the world with the help from the nice people from the USA, so if you live outside the USA you don’t have a valid excuse…

So shake your hips and your credit cards and buy it now to help a good cause…

Thanks to all who have bought it!

We know that many of you already have the 4-DVD set but you can buy more for any, some or all of the reasons below:

• Tell a friend who has not bought it to buy it via that link, send the link by e-mail.
  • Buy a spare copy just in case yours get damaged.
  • Buy one for you car, one for your home computer, one for the office and use the other in your sound system.
  • Give it to a friend who like the Stones and don’t have it yet.
  • Give it to a friend who hates the Stones to see if watching it changes his/her point of view.
  • Give it to an enemy who loves or hates the Stones.
  • Buy many sets and keep them for years, then sell them on eBay many years from now as “Mint – unopened” “in wrap” “sealed”.
  • Send it to your in-laws.
  • Donate one for Voodoo, that poor boy does not have it yet LOL.
  • Donate one to your AA group; they’ll love it!
  • Give one to your boss; probably you’ll get a promotion and a salary increase.
  • A nice gift for the lover of your girlfriend.
  • Buy many and start trivias here and there, it’s a good prize for the winners.
  • All of the above.
  • Some of the above.
  • None of the above.

[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
30th November 2007 08:54 PM
lotsajizz this place IS THE BEST!!!!!
30th November 2007 09:02 PM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
this place IS THE BEST!!!!!

Alert Rome.
WE agree.

Armageddon must be at hand, Jizzy.

Nice work, Voo and G.

LJ.
30th November 2007 09:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Alert Rome.
WE agree.

Armageddon must be at hand, Jizzy.

Nice work, Voo and G.

LJ.

All three of us involved in this one, LJ...

I believe the expression is "The lunatics have taken over The Asylum"
30th November 2007 09:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for the compliments lotsajizz and LadyJane, but what we need is SALES! So click and buy
30th November 2007 09:44 PM
Nellcote Hey!

Great idea.
Sorry Voodoo, it was a struggle to get my in-laws to watch the Super Bowl, nevermind them watching this.

I helped out an overseas RO'er back when this came out, by purchasing this for them, then shipping it to them. They left payment to my paypal account. If this promo is only good in US, however, overseas buyers want the set, I'd offer up:

They could make arrangements with myself, I would order thru the link noted here, ship to the overseas buyer.

If this helps the cause, send along PM, I can help out.
30th November 2007 09:50 PM
tumbled DONE
30th November 2007 10:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG Nelly.. you know that is a great idea.

I'd be willing to help out our fellow "excluded" RO'ers also.

Tis the season....

Just let me know
30th November 2007 10:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks PartyDollMeg and Nellcote!! That's a great help... We really appreciate your help, the USA visitors are by far the biggest here at Rocks Off but we're sure many of you already have the DVD so for the outsiders it's a very good idea.

tumbled so cool from you to help you're the first!! Thanks a lot

You're the best people!! You friggin' rule da school of cool!
30th November 2007 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since "Foreigners" are not allowed to buy or to participate to win the tickets to see "Shine a Light", I think is going to be a good idea for those buying through Nellcote or PartyDollMeg or other US regulars to donate the "tickets" for the Rocks Off draw to them so in this way the work by Nelly or Meggy or any reggy (that as you can see above was offered with no other interest but helping others) could be rewarded!!

So if you buy throught them we all win!
1st December 2007 02:32 AM
IanBillen
Gazza,

Well "I'll-be-damned" Gazza. You have finally hit the big-time! In a smaller sense I suppose we all here have as well.

I bet when you started this website/message board you never thought you would actually be approached by the likes.

I think this is really fantastic.

If I decide to get this I surely will order through this special Rocks-Off affiliation.

Ian
1st December 2007 08:20 AM
Nellcote Order # 1 from the Fantasy Fufillment Palace has been placed. Anyone from outside the US who wants to join in on the excitement, send along a pm, I'll hook you up!
1st December 2007 09:17 AM
lotsajizz just bought it as an Xmas present for someone!
1st December 2007 09:25 AM
mojoman ordered one!!!waiting for mick to call to thank me!!!
1st December 2007 09:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
If I decide to get this I surely will order through this special Rocks-Off affiliation.

...and what are you waiting for? Get it... get it now, this is a very good DVD, it's a recommendation... from Voodoo
1st December 2007 09:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The Biggest Bang, The Rolling Stones' newly released 4-DVD set, offers fans an all access pass and behind-the-scenes look at the band's A Bigger Bang world tour, the biggest selling concert tour of all time. Get your copy today to see why The Seattle Times is calling The Biggest Bang “one of the best live-concert videos ever released.”

The Biggest Bang is gives fans:

• Entire concerts from the band's incendiary shows in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Austin, Texas.
  • Footage from concerts in Japan, Buenos Aires and Shanghai.
  • An entire disc documenting the tour from its origins in a small night club to the 116th and final North American concert date.
  • Twenty minutes of duets with: Bonnie Raitt, Eddie Vedder, Dave Matthews and Cui Juan.
  • Six songs previously unreleased in any format.
  • And more!

The Rolling Stones' The Biggest Bang 4-DVD set is available to order on-line from Best Buy. Click here to purchase.
1st December 2007 09:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks lotsajizz and mojoman, we received your e-mails! Thanks again, we really appreciate it!
1st December 2007 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Gazza,

Well "I'll-be-damned" Gazza. You have finally hit the big-time! In a smaller sense I suppose we all here have as well.

I bet when you started this website/message board you never thought you would actually be approached by the likes.

I think this is really fantastic.

Ian

Thanks, Ian. I know you'll enjoy the DVD should you buy it.

"In a smaller sense I suppose we all here have as well" -

well, there's no 'smaller sense' at all, I think.. while the website is our own work (mostly Voodoo's, actually), as far as the board is concerned as admins we can only do so much. How it turns out and how it's seen to others depends on the people who use it.

So, if we were to win this, its only fair that the prize is open to as many people as possible.

[Edited by Gazza]
1st December 2007 12:37 PM
jostorm Extremely stupid question before I order 15...

"Is this DVD in a format WATCHABLE on Spanish, German and British DVD players?????"
1st December 2007 12:46 PM
GotToRollMe I'm also willing to lend a hand to any of our European friends who'd like to order this DVD. Send PM and we'll work something out.
1st December 2007 12:52 PM
jostorm Thanks, Mary, that is extremely kind of ALL of you (meggie and nellcote, too),and I would love to take you up on the offer, BUT I need to know first whether the format is compatible. I bought a load of DVDs in the UK a few years ago and mailed them to a friend of mine living in New York as a surprise, and the even greater surprise was that he couldn't watch a single one (except on his PC).
Can someone answer this querie????
Thanks,
Jo
1st December 2007 01:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG Yes Jo..very educated question..as I have a whole stack of DVD's from our Belfast friend that I can only watch on my computer!

The format is NTSC (Locked region 1)..so if your DVD player doesn't play that ..you will be watching on your computer too!
1st December 2007 01:07 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Thanks, Mary, that is extremely kind of ALL of you (meggie and nellcote, too),and I would love to take you up on the offer, BUT I need to know first whether the format is compatible. I bought a load of DVDs in the UK a few years ago and mailed them to a friend of mine living in New York as a surprise, and the even greater surprise was that he couldn't watch a single one (except on his PC).
Thanks,
Jo

Now that you mention it, Jo, I brought a copy of this DVD over for Gazza last June, and when he got it home he could only play it on his computer. I've checked my own copy and there's no indication of the format. You'd think by now they'd just have a universal DVD format that could be played anywhere in the world. Sorry about that, kid.
1st December 2007 01:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Thanks, Mary, that is extremely kind of ALL of you (meggie and nellcote, too),and I would love to take you up on the offer, BUT I need to know first whether the format is compatible. I bought a load of DVDs in the UK a few years ago and mailed them to a friend of mine living in New York as a surprise, and the even greater surprise was that he couldn't watch a single one (except on his PC).
Thanks,
Jo

It depends on your player, I can play all regions in the DVD at my studio and my bedroom but only regions 1 and 4 in the one at my daughter's bedroom. If your DVD is multi-region it will play

I looked the BestBuy link above and it does not specifiy the region but since sales are for the USA only probably is not multi-region but region 1

1st December 2007 01:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG See my post above..

I scanned it on my computer and the format is NTSC Region 1 locked, whatever that means
1st December 2007 02:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Now that you mention it, Jo, I brought a copy of this DVD over for Gazza last June, and when he got it home he could only play it on his computer. I've checked my own copy and there's no indication of the format. You'd think by now they'd just have a universal DVD format that could be played anywhere in the world. Sorry about that, kid.

The weird thing about that DVD was that the documentary disc was region free but the other three weren't.

However, a lot of DVD players bought in Europe now tend to be region-free.
1st December 2007 02:17 PM
jostorm That's what I feared !
Oh, well, I guess in that case I will pass on the kind offers and wait....
Thanks anyway, everyone!

PS: Gerardo, are you being technically clued-up, or inviting me into your bedroom ? Que morro!
That's life for you, from doing your Christmas-shopping online to cyberflirting in one easy thread....
1st December 2007 02:19 PM
IanBillen
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

...and what are you waiting for? Get it... get it now, this is a very good DVD, it's a recommendation... from Voodoo

To be completely Frank. I would right now. I am reimbersing someone $686.00 until my manufacture reimburses me.

$686.00 to Customer =22.00 to me until I am reimbursed.

So that $22.00 has to do me good for a bit. lol

Checking Account and Savings are tied up with EFT's / Auto-Debit's (electronic Funds Treansfers to businesses) as well.=no joke.

So It is really bad bad timing on my end.

Ian
1st December 2007 02:43 PM
glencar What are you going on about? Yackety yak! Just buy the effing DVD set, you goddam cheapie! It's one of the best you'll ever see.
1st December 2007 04:49 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The weird thing about that DVD was that the documentary disc was region free but the other three weren't.

However, a lot of DVD players bought in Europe now tend to be region-free.

A lot of DVD players can be hacked to play all region DVD's pretty easily.

just search for it on here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

I was lucky enough to find a hack for my DVD player on there.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)