ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Search for JB and random thoughts of last night Return to archive
01-17-03 12:33 PM
scope Well, as we discussed in some other thread that I'm too lazy to look for now, I'm here to report on the outcome of my mission.

I started the night at Walter's and meet some more of the good folks from Shidoobee. Man, that place was packed. We definitely need to do YOTI on Saturday if we want to be able to meet and mingle amongst ourselves.

Anyway, I left there around 8:15 to head over to MSG. Ryan Adams was still performing and with the lights down, I thought it my best shot to sneak down to the floor. After hitting many deadends and security spot checks, I found a way in from the back end of the arena and was on the floor. I went to what I thought was section 3, but after speaking to people in the row, I found out I was in section 8. To get to section 3 I had to try to get through security. I got bagged 3 times and was standing in the 1st row of arena seats looking out into section 3 when I was approached by an usher/security guy. I told him I was looking for a friend out there and he pointed out the section and row for me. He asked what the guy looked like, I said, I don't know. He pointed out that there were still 2 seats empty there and that the guy standing by the walkway was also from that section. He then did something that surprised the hell out of me. This usher asks for my name and the name of 'my friend' and proceeds to go out on the floor to ask everyone in the row if they were JB. I suggested that he start with that guy standing, and wouldn't you know it, there he was, JB, the one and only. The look on his face as he was approached was priceless. He was sure he was being bagged for counterfeits or something. Josh came over, we chatted, he bought me a beer as promised, and now I have another friend from this crazy place we call Rocks Off.

Oh yeah, Josh said he did stop by Walter's but with the crowd, it was understandable that we didn't find each other then. I encouraged Josh to do the YOTI thing on Saturday, so we'll see how that plays out.

As for the show, let me start by saying Ryan Adams didn't impress me (only heard 2 songs though), and I found it funny that they were actually selling Ryan Adams Sucks t-shirts at the concession stands.

The Stones were incredible, but what else is new. CYHMK was back and in the best of form.

Midnight Rambler kicked ass. I thought the version at Hartford was great, and this was as good or better.

Forgot which song it was, but Keith caught Mick off guard and hit the riff and Mick had to scramble for the microphone and missed the first few words (damn, I got that marshmellow brain thing going this morning).

Perhaps it was my overall excitement, but they seemed to be 'on' in all the songs. I believe they were laying it all out there to get ready for Saturday. Set those VCR's folks. You're gonna want to keep this one.

The show was filmed by HBO, for 'practice' as Mick put it. Wonder if there will be some dubbing later on for a final video?

Disappointed that many sections had people sitting. During Angie, I was asked to sit down by the guy behind me. I politely declined.

No sign of Luxury1's hat.

Concert started at 9:00 and I think ended a few minutes beyond the 11:15 expected end for Saturday. Someone was concerned about making a train back to Albany? Be prepared.

I hope there are some changes for Saturday, but then again, if I can't remember everything that went on Thursday, maybe I'll be surprised anyway.

I'm fading fast in the office today. Perhaps a beer for lunch day is in order to get me going again.

later,
scope
01-17-03 12:39 PM
Nellcote Great Story. These ushers, sometimes you hit a great one, most of the time, they are toucholes. How was the guest guitarist thing, did it come off alright?
01-17-03 12:48 PM
scope I never heard any announcement of the guest and all of sudden I see this guy in a grey suit (?) and hat, and we were all wondering who he was. He sure as hell was enjoying himself out there, as was Keith and Ronnie. They played off each other well. At the end, Mick said his name, but no one could understand what he said anyway. So it wasn't until I logged on here last night that I found out what it was all about. You gotta love this place, don't you?
I would guess that Hubert will be back Saturday, and let's hope there are a few other surprises awaiting us!
01-17-03 12:48 PM
nankerphelge Oh man, you had a chance to dick with jb and didn't!!
You should have held up your ticket and said , "no he's in my seat -- his ticket is bogus" or something!!

Definitely have the beer at lunch!
01-17-03 01:51 PM
jb Hello everyone...finally on line again at hotel...It's beyond words to describe the experience I am having...From leaving sunny Fla. yesterday, to walking out after the greatest show at MSG and seeing snowfall for the first time in 30 years!!!-very surreal.
It was an absoulute pleasure to met Scope....a very nice guy who was clever enough to have an usher track me down..and yes, I was a bit startled when the usher taps me and says are you jb from an internet site.LOL...Nice sharing a beer(in my case water) with you! atleast you can verify my being there!
Also, went to Walters and met some of the folks from shidoobee...Doug is a very nice guy and everyone, with the exception of 1 or 2 people were very friendly.....I was kind of taken a back that a couple of people held grudges and either refused to met me or turned away when Doug tried to introduce me....I mean we are in NYC, before a Stones concert at MSG, and to be uptight about the fun I have on the various sites was a little surpriing..but 99.9% of the people were great fans and we all had a good time..Looking foward to another great show saturday....by the way, sold my extra ticket at face to DearDocor, another great Stones fan, and he used it to bring LOnecrapshooter and wife to our section..it was great sitting next to really great fANS FOR ONCE!!! TAKE CARE....JOSH
01-17-03 02:10 PM
nankerphelge One word for ya jb -- YOTI!
01-17-03 02:45 PM
Nellcote Way to go JB! Go have a great time!
01-17-03 03:42 PM
glencar Josh, with the stuff you post it's no surprise that people snubbed you. I'd have done it too if I'd gotten into Walter's. You reap what you sow.
01-17-03 04:07 PM
Joey I can't wait to finally meet you in Denver Josh !

Later ,

Joey
01-17-03 04:11 PM
parmeda JB & Scope...I'm happy to hear you were able to meet! Josh you MUST get out to see everyone on Saturday. Seems like it was a terrific show, but then again, did ya have any doubts it wouldn't be?
Can't wait to hear some more stories from ALL of you!
Have fun tomorrow night, you wolves...LOL!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST