ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Riverrat art stolen by bootleggers Return to archive
01-17-03 10:27 AM
CS Or did they ask you for authorization?

Not just the art5, the title, check http://www.geocities.com/pignose_records/pignose.html

01-17-03 10:34 AM
FPM C10
quote:
CS wrote:
Or did they ask you for authorization?

Geez, YES! Who ever heard of BOOTLEGGERS using anything without proper authorization?

I know there's supposed to be honor among thieves, and a wise man once said "To live outside the law you must be honest." But if using artwork without permission is the question, which is more important - the picture on the cover or the music inside?
01-17-03 12:29 PM
Fiji Joe Damn lawless bootleggers!!!...let's hang em' w/ piano wire
01-17-03 02:59 PM
Factory Girl Wow, that sucks. I actually met Riverrat and have one of his original shirts.

I'll quote Dylan

"Those bootleggers, they make pretty good stuff. Plenty of places to hide things, if you want to hide them bad enough."

We should boycott Pignose.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST