ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Have ya heard about the Boston...... Return to archive
01-16-03 07:51 PM
Nellcote
Stones fan would Not Fade Away without a final concert

by Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Thursday, January 16, 2003

There are die-hard fans and there are die-hard fans. Then, there's the guy whose ashes wound up on stage with Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones at the FleetCenter Sunday night. Let's just say Will McDonough wasn't the only one who had a big send-off on Causeway Street this week!

From the Truth-Is-Stranger-Than-Fiction File, get this: A woman shows up at the arena for the Stones show Sunday night. She's carrying a Baggie. Turns out that in the Baggie is not what you usually bring to a Stones concert in a Baggie. It's the remains of her late hubby. A HUGE Stones fan.

Seems her dearly departed bought the tickets for the show, then shed this mortal coil. So his grieving widow brought him to the concert to fulfill his dying wish - to see Mick & Co. one last time. And just so it wouldn't be all his Love In Vain she wanted her hubby to have a really good seat.

``She went up to the runway stage and asked one of the security guards if she could dump her husband's ashes there,'' said FleetCenter spokesguy Jim Delaney. ``The security staff told her that that probably wouldn't be the most appropriate thing to do.''

Which kind of put the grieving widow between a Rock And A Hard Place. So she took matters into her own hands.

``About 10 minutes later, there she was tossing the ashes onto the runway,'' Delaney said.

Well, the staff didn't know what to do. Should they vacuum up the late, lamented Stones fan? Sweep him back into a Baggie? Or just let him, er, live out his dying wish?

Well, before the debate concluded, Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie et. al. jumped onstage and the discussion became moot. Because Mick was Dancing With Mr. D-parted!

Delaney said the Stones weren't aware Mick was dancing on his biggest fan's grave until after the show. Which is probably just as well because if Keith saw all that powder, he may have snorted it!

A spokesgal for the band would only say, ``That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.'' Hmm. Not been with the Stones long???

Anyway, Delaney said no one got the woman's name but she didn't seem the least bit unhinged.

``She knew what she wanted,'' he said, ``She wanted him to have the best seat in the house.''

Well then, we think it's safe to say that somewhere, up there, her hubby has gotten some posthumous Satisfaction!

01-16-03 07:55 PM
sasca Ha! Excellent. When I die, I´d like to be scattered over Marissa Tomei.
01-16-03 08:22 PM
LadyJane Got to call my Lawyer immediately. Time to revise my Will!

LadyJ.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST