ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bianca...WTF ARE YOU THINKING? Return to archive
01-16-03 01:49 PM
parmeda Chicago SunTimes
Scoopsville . . .
January 16, 2003

BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

The women's room . . .

Dateline: The Loose Cannon line . . . Bianca Jagger, rocker Mick Jagger's ex-wife who is a spokeswoman for Amnesty International, is one busy lady. Not only did she call former Gov. George Ryan pleading for him to commute the death sentences of all those who were on Illinois' Death Row (the call wasn't returned), but now she is in Iraq to meet with Saddam Hussein.

I'm just sitting here shaking my head back & forth...
01-16-03 02:51 PM
Maxlugar I hope she becomes a human shield and is hit.

There, I said it.
(Laugh Track)

Kinkily!
(Standing "O")

Maxy!
01-16-03 02:58 PM
sasca Well I agree with her about the death penalty but I can't see Saddam, having ignored the pleas and demands of the world for decades, being brought to reason by Bianca Jagger. Anyway, she lost all my sympathy when she used the phrase 'women and children'. Bitch.
01-16-03 04:15 PM
gypsy If Anita were younger, and went to Iraq...Sadaam would be so posing with an American flag in all the tabloids.
01-16-03 04:18 PM
StrangeStrayCat Ryan commuted the sentences a few days ago anyway.
01-16-03 05:05 PM
LadyJane What the fuck is up with Bianca? She's got to be the biggest poseur on the planet? What is her claim to fame? Besides marrying Mick and bearing Jade, I believe her big moment of glory was riding that white horse around Studio 54.

As for Anita, I say send her over ASAP. From the recent pics I've seen of her, she'd scare Saddam right out of Baghdad!!

LadyJ.
01-16-03 10:31 PM
JaggaRichards hope Bianca wore her kneepads
01-17-03 01:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot I used this in another thread recently, but seems appropos here as well....

This is some fucked up shit.
01-17-03 10:32 AM
egon "but now she is in Iraq to meet with Saddam Hussein"

that is stupid.

she'd better meet with "W", and try to talk some sence into that clown
[Edited by egon]
01-17-03 03:46 PM
glencar Bianca has done some good with her humanitarian work (Bosnia & stuff) but going to Iraq right before we destroy the place is silly. Ryan is also silly for commuting all those death sentences. The people of Illinois elected a new governor & the repudiated Ryan should have just left quietly. Even his wife yelled at him for his move.
01-17-03 04:43 PM
somegirl at least she`s trying to do something, and I hope she intends to do it for peace - we don´t need another war!! I appreciate her activity---much better than to attend high society parties!!!!!!
01-17-03 06:58 PM
icydanger right egon
but at least she is doing something,
she has to go up grades in politics fast
if she wants to share her ideas with w

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST