ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: aussie invasion Return to archive
01-16-03 07:56 AM
corgi37 The Stones invasion of Oz is getting closer, but still seems so far away. They still have unfinished business in the U.S. I wish all the Yank mates on this site who are going to see them in the next few weeks all the best, and i hope you witness the best show you've ever seen. Today in a Melbourne paper is a little comment from Mick. The band are looking forward to coming to Oz, he reckons it should be a laugh, though he had just perused the "Far East" schedule, and he reckons it will be hard work. Also, Bob Dylan is touring here at the same time, so Mick feels they just may indeed get together at one of the Sydney shows. Being from Melbourne, i am very jealous! But, why the hell is Dylan doing Brown Sugar in his set? And i can only wince at what it must sound like. Funnily enough, Maryanne Faithfull is in town in the next 2-3 weeks. Shit, its almost like a family re-union! Jagger didnt want to talk about the cricket though. heheheheh (not that i give a rats ass about cricket). Tickets for 3rd Melbourne show go on sale soon. There is a real buzz happening about this tour now. Tv ads are all over the place, radio dj's are non-stop talking about it, songs are getting played more and more...I love this part of it. The anticipation. Regards to all.
01-16-03 05:18 PM
Daethgod Hey Corgi

which shows you going too ?
im off to all 3 in Melb

1st show up back centre
2nd show floor 6 rows from stge
3rd show as close to B stage as i can get

bring it on !

i am a DJ at KRock in Geelong and have been sneaking Stones songs in and btw support band Jet has a 22 y old bass player from Geelong... trying to nab him for an interview...

Mobbs
01-16-03 05:23 PM
exile Man not long to go now
i have tix to Enmore and Superdome gigs in Sydney

anyone heard if or when the 3rd Sydney show is going on sale?
[Edited by exile]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST