ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Criss Cross Man Return to archive
01-15-03 08:31 PM
JumpinJackFlash Say, is there a version of Criss Cross man without that fuzzy sound near the end, like a static TV. It ruins the song.
01-15-03 08:55 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
JumpinJackFlash wrote:
Say, is there a version of Criss Cross man without that fuzzy sound near the end, like a static TV. It ruins the song.

What boot are you listening to it from?
01-15-03 09:28 PM
JumpinJackFlash Well, I downloaded it from Kazza, there are actually quite a few boot's on there, I've gotten well over a hundred now. It kind of help's, that whay a person knows what's good and what's bad. Although, I would like to start collecting more boot's, downloading is getting me a few.
01-15-03 09:34 PM
fmk438j I think it is actually Criss Cross Mind.

I can;'t help you with your question, but does anyone else hear Brown sugar and Iorr amongst that song? I swear there are parts of both.
01-15-03 10:02 PM
gypsymofo60 It's been listed as Criss Cross, Criss Cross Man, and Save Me, but what Jagger is actually singing is Criss Cross Mind. There are shades of IORR& Brown Sugar, and the two versions on Acetates are pretty clean.
01-16-03 02:37 AM
beer The version I have is perfectly clean. It's a great song!!
here's the lyrics:

Criss Cross Man (Jagger/Richards)
aka Criss Cross Mind
aka Criss Cross
aka Save Me

Baby. Ooh!
Baby
Save me. Ooh!
Save me. Ah!
Yeah, here come a woman
Givin' me a criss cross mind
Save me
Save me. Ooh!
Yeah, here come a woman
Giving me a criss cross mind
Oh I got a lotta knots in my hair
I can't seem to straighten out
Ah, I think I need a blood transfusion
Yeah, here come a lady
Giving'me a criss cross mind

Darling
Darling
Ooh!
Touch me
Ooh, yeah!
Kiss me
Ooh, yeah! Ooh, yeah!
Lip to lip
Fingertip
Skin to skin
Ring to ring
Tongue to tongue
Thigh to thigh
Oh baby
Yeah
All the time
Baby
Save me
Yeah here come a lady
Giving' me a criss cross mind
Mama walkin' around in the rain
She want you every night
An' think I need a blood transfusion
Yeah here come a woman
Givin' me a criss cross mind
Yeah, yeah

Darling
Darling
Baby
Save me. Save me. Save me. Save me
And feed me, yeah
Baby. Baby. Baby
Save me
Cheek to cheek
Ohh yeah
Tounge to tounge
-----------------------------------
from here:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-35264/lyricsname.html
[Edited by beer]
01-16-03 03:17 AM
Dr. Frankenstone I actually own 3 different versions/mixes/alternate takes of this song with varying degrees of quality amongst them all. If I had any brains, I'd be able to burn copies for people. Unfortunately, I don't have a burner. As a trade for a ticket to the Oakland show, I was given a shitload of cd's that contain every single studio bootleg that is known to exist, give or take a few.

The first Stones bootleg I ever owned 25 yrs, ago was a vinyl version of Hyde Park that was completely warped and scratched with the worst sound quality you could imagine. I thought I had a goldmine at the time though, and included as a bonus track at the end was a version of Criss Cross - version #1.
01-16-03 07:07 AM
JumpinJackFlash Ha, yeah I can see howe you get element's of those song's in that one. Once you tune your guitar to open G, and lay a finger on it, you almost get the stones sound right away. I really like Criss Cross, it's a damn good song. Some of these boot's are really good takes, they should have slapped another album together in that time, although I don't know the chords yet, I'm itching to learn that tune, very up beat.
01-16-03 10:43 AM
Nasty Habits I've always wondered about that "woman walking 'round in the rain" lyric -- I could swear that he's saying "Woman walk around with a razor wanna use it every night".
01-16-03 10:50 AM
nankerphelge Depends on what she wants to use it for!!
01-16-03 12:53 PM
doo doo doo Dude This is a great rocker which I don't know why they left off of Goat's Head Soup. Would have started off that album nicely, IMO. I love the line "I think I need a blood transfusion", an interesting foreshadow to Keith's urban legend.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST