ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tix For LA Free Show Return to archive
01-14-03 09:27 PM
Gimme Shelter I've heard that this is the week where they are going to pick the winners for the tickets to the free show in LA. Anybody know anything about that?
01-14-03 09:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl WINNER SELECTION
Six thousand (6,000) Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received in a drawing to be conducted on or about the week of January 13, 2003 or on or about the week of January 20, 2003. The random drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes. On or about the week of January 13, 2003 or on or about the week of January 20, 2003, Winners will be notified by email and/or mail, and the names and addresses (city and state only) of the Winners will be listed on the website http://www.nrdcstonesconcert.org. You are not a Winner until your entry is validated.
01-14-03 09:57 PM
Gimme Shelter Thank you
01-14-03 10:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 6,000 winners, 12,000 free tickets but what is not clear is how the other 8,000 seats are going to be assigned.

Sold?
01-14-03 10:34 PM
Gimme Shelter Very good point. Probally to friends, family, and the press, maybe?
01-14-03 10:41 PM
MarthaMyDear I wouldn't doubt if they're going to and have been sold to, etc., famous people, people who work in the movie and record industries, etc.... If I go, I am going to dance like a FRICKING MANIAC in rebellion... I get so tired of the jadedness in this town... People were almost like dead fish at the Staples show here on Halloween... SHEESH!!! I will DANCE LIKE A MANIAC, DAMNIT!!! lol........................ :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I will put bic lighters under everyone's asses!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I will kill the world if I can't go!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P
I heard that people were actually sitting down during Macca's show there... YUCK!!! It's just annoying... HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! But, the shopping is good in this town... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P
Oh, boy... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P
Anyways, take care and ROCK ON!!!!

*** Martha ***
01-14-03 10:46 PM
Gimme Shelter If I do win tix(I pray) and people are sitting and they tell me to sit down, I'm just gonna laugh in their face and keep on rocking out.
01-15-03 01:28 AM
MarthaMyDear People won't be sitting, I think... I mean, they weren't MOSTLY during the Halloween show (I guess some people who were tired, i.e. a couple sitting behind me, etc., sat down I think 'cause they seemed tired, etc.)... People were just mostly fricking MOTIONLESS during that show (but standing), but NOT I if I win tix, etc.!!! lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I do NOT plan standing motionless, etc.... lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P GOOD LUCK ON SCORING TIX!!!

*** Martha ***
01-15-03 10:42 AM
Martha
Martha My Dear...You are HILARIOUS! I want to meet you next time I come out to L.A. That is, of course, unless you go through with it and "kill the world" before I can book my flight.....

If I win two of those frickin' tickets you can bet your arse I'm gonna dance part 1 and 2 throughout!

I ain't no dead fish Ronnie!
01-15-03 05:07 PM
MarthaMyDear YES!!! WE HAVE TO MEET, MARTHA!!! lol............................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I don't know if you saw my post I posted before this one but we have ALOT in common (not just our names, etc.) and I really would like to meet, so please let me know if/when you'll be coming out here, ok.?!?!?! Here is my email addy and I will email and/or PM you soon, ok.?!?!?! :

[email protected]

I know this is an odd person to bring up but what do you think about Howard Stern?!?!?! I know there's ALOT of things to pissed off about him, etc., but he talks about the subject of which we have in common, etc., and of which you speak quite frequently and, actually, his humor has helped me, in all honesty... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm a sick puppy and will always need help!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Well, to ME, I see that he cares ALOT for abused people, etc., and that is one reason why I love that guy, bnut I was just wondering if you watch his show, etc., on the E! Channel and/or listen to him, etc.... Maybe he's polluted my mind 'cause I've been listening to him since around 1990!!! I just realized that the other day!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyways, i hope to talk to you soon and take care, ok.?!?!?! Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
01-16-03 11:08 AM
Dan The whole section I was in at Staples (PR5) was sitting. There was a verbal altercation nearby when someone nearby had the nerve to stand up during CYHMK. I WOULD be the kind who would stand and refuse to sit but since I am usually recording I just tend to go with the flow.

Staples is such a lousy venue that I am still considering the show a non-event unless I win tix and looking into going to some of the other shows in the area.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST