ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A BIG thank you! Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-02-03 11:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I posted a list of the contributors in another thread (...unfortunately that thread is taken a wrong direction) but I had second thoughts as I think it is very important to recognise your help and your contributions to this place. So I decided to make a new thread and stick it for a few days until it will be automatically sent to the archives. Also this was off-topic in that thread.

Other reason of posting this in a new thread is that at least three persons were not included in the first edition on the list:

• First our friend and also a Zappa fan, Cardinal Fang from the USA was omitted in the original list when he was the seed of the FleetCenter Tree as Gazza mentioned in this thread: http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/09-22-2002/115097-1.html
  • Also and by mistake I want to thank our buddy Tom aka “TT” and/or “Whip Comes Down” from Germany (the proud daddy of the new born Rieke), he sent at least two headers to Gazza, we have not used them yet, but soon. I’m almost sure we used one of them but 100% sure we didn’t use the other and is GREAT and FUNNY! Sorry. Gazza sent it to me on time but, yesterday I revised all the mail except those by Gazza and Jaxx, and this one was forwarded by Gazza so I Couldn’t see it. I think TT and WhipComesDown is the same person, if not please let me know
  • The same happened with our friend Bob aka MRD8 from the USA who sent cool stuff via Gazza, in this case we actually used and gave credit on time, but he was not in the original list.
  • Also I’m sure I’m omitting at least one more, he sent me a great pic from the Urban Jungle Tour whit the lights and fire at the beginning of Start me Up in Switzerland. Please let me know who it was! I’m freaking as I want to thank all!!!

Please don't misunderstand this. I'm including here the people who has helped with more than posts. All who post are already credited by themselves with each and any of their posts and all the readers may judge about them.

So I want to thank and mention everybody in this category (alphabetical order) those who explicitly helped and help to make this place a little bit better each day. All in this list sent something to use it.

I repeat, this is not a ranking of posters, is a humble but deep and sincere THANK YOU to those who sent something to me for all of us to enjoy.

1. Andrew Loog Oldham.
2. Angiegirl from Holland.
3. Arturo “Rogerriffin” from México.
4. Arve from Norway.
5. Beer.
6. Bendix from Germany.
7. Bevan Shortridge, from New Zealand.
8. Bill aka PhilA aka SparksWILLFly.
9. Bob aka MrD8.
10. Cardinal Fang.
11. Carl The Lobsterman.
12. César Velázquez from México.
13. Chris Diemoz from Italy.
14. Christian Fiot from France.
15. CS.
16. Cucho Peñaloza from Perú.
17. Curt aka Chief Moon.
18. Dominique Tarlé from France.
19. Doug aka Stonesdoug.
20. Ed aka Little Red Rooster.
21. Estela Quintana (Rocks Off Argentina).
22. Exile from Australia.
23. Fabio from Italy.
24. Fernando Aceves from México.
25. Fotini from Greece.
26. Geraldine from Holland.
27. Gerry Seda.
28. Harold Colson aka Stoneslib.
29. Horacio Liedo from México.
30. Irina from Kaliningrad, Russia.
31. Jacques Lafarge from France.
32. Jayme aka Gypsy.
33. Jeff aka Lazy Bones from Canada.
34. John aka Can’t Catch Me.
35. Juan Trujillo from México.
36. Ken Keppol.
37. Luc aka L&A from Belgium.
38. Lucia aka LutCia from Brazil.
39. Luxury1. (some YOTIs pix not used yet!)
40. Lynn Goldsmith.
41. Madafaka from Argentina.
42. Marcelo Quatraro from Argentina.
43. Marko from Finland.
44. Martha.
45. Martha my Dear.
46. Matthieu Tiphaine from France.
47. Maxlugar.
48. Mick Chick.
49. Mick Taylor.
50. Miss U from Canada.
51. Moyette Meyran aka moy.
52. MR D from Canada.
53. Nanky... he sent some stuff but did not pass censorshit LOL.
54. Pasi aka Padre from Finland (Art for Fleet Center).
55. Pat DeLassus aka JoeD.
56. Peter Venema from Holland
57. Reimer aka RubyFriday from Germany.
58. Rick aka Maxmeister.
59. Rik aka Moonisup from Holland.
60. Riffhard (Steve).
61. Riverrat.
62. Rodolfo Ciani aka SirFito from Argentina.
63. Rodors from México.
64. Ronnie Wood.
65. Scope.
66. Sergei.
67. Sir Stonesalot.
68. Soldati from Argentina.
69. Steel Driving Hammer.
70. Stoned in Australia from Australia.
71. Tatsuo Hino from Japan (Planet Syndication).
72. Thomas Layhue aka TomL.
73. Toronto Tom… from Canada of course.
74. TT from Germany.
75. Ulf from Sweden.
76. Voja from Belgrade.
77. Woodywoodpecker from Australia.

Also it is very important to note that I’m not including all who have helped to the website as well, only those who helps with the message board.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-02-03 11:40 PM
rogerriffin Well we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it well you can lean to ROCKS OFF!!!

And there will always be a space in my MESSAGE BOARD
when you need a little coke and sympathy.

Well lean on ROCKS OFF
Dream on ROCKS OFF
Bleed on ROCKS OFF

MUCHAS GRACIAS A TODOS.
01-03-03 03:52 AM
marko thanks man,,,,,btw i´m freezing here its -26 outside!And
i should go to post office,to send gazzas cd´s.....
01-03-03 08:12 AM
FotiniD Thank you Gerardo! I think we're all happy to help in any way we can. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Stones place on the net and my homepage Thanks again!
01-03-03 02:25 PM
luxury1 Voodoo said "censorshit" That is funny
01-03-03 03:15 PM
jb No problem Gerardo..it's been a pleasure doing business with you!!!
01-03-03 03:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
No problem Gerardo..it's been a pleasure doing business with you!!!

Come on JB! Please read the text, not just the list.

That list has nothing to do with posting (regardless of quality, quantity or both) or personal issues or friendship. There's a lot of cyberbuddies or friends in real life like Alex, Sir Moonie, ~AzQb, or you and many more that are not on that list for the reasons explained.

I thank you and will ever do it for bidding in my auctions but that has nothing to do with the list. I thank you for being part of this cybercommunity, but that list is different ==> DIFERENTE MI AMIGO!

That's not a ranking of regulars is just a public thank you to all who have helped in the way explained above.

BTW, I must add one more: Steel Driving Hammer as he sent me the infamous C10 video XXX that I used for some jokes, Thanks steelie.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-03-03 03:50 PM
jb No problem Amigo....Is Sir Moonie really your friend?
[Edited by jb]
01-03-03 03:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, he is (I think LOL) he is in fact one of the coolest dudes I've ever met.

Like me he's an engineer and we had great conversations in NYC, of course we did not talk about engineering issues... well something about alcohol processing
01-03-03 04:07 PM
jb I thought he was a paramedic? Wait..I think thats the most generous SirStonesalot. My dad (RIP) was an engineer for IBM in the 60's and worked on the early form of computers.
01-03-03 05:55 PM
Jacques Gerardo
your thanks were great, and maybe you forgot somebody who helped you. Don't worry.
It is so kind to think about people trying to share what they can. RO, Great community, always spoiled by some small person who has always something to say and never something to give, a shame...
BUT all, we'll go on and give the things we can offer to other fans adn friends, even if it's a small thing but it's better than a rough mail.
Hope you understand my poor English.
01-03-03 05:57 PM
sirfito Gerardo: MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS POR TODO Y POR INCLUIRME EN TU LISTA!!.
un abrazo grande,
Fito
01-03-03 05:59 PM
Jacques Sorry Gerardo
I forgot
the BIG thank YOU is to Unholy Trinity, of course
01-03-03 06:37 PM
littleredrooster Thanks Gerardo!
I hope that I can continue to contribute!

Roostah
01-04-03 01:16 AM
Fiji Joe VooDoo...I know we have had go around or two in the past...but in all seriousness, you and the others are doing a helluva job with the board...keep it up!
01-04-03 04:44 AM
CHIEFMOON Thank you for including me in the list!!
01-04-03 09:43 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff YEAH!
YOU'RE MY PARTNER IN CRIME!!
thank you of all!
01-04-03 04:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yeah Fabio! I'm gonna be back in Italy later this month, I'm gonna try to schedule my trip in order to be on January 19 in Milano for the purpose of the trip and Janury 24 in Rome for your gig...
01-04-03 04:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The list was updated, sorry I missed some others
01-04-03 05:02 PM
Chris Diemoz Gerardo,

The Stones will hit the road again next week, so after
finding my name on the list (for what I'll be eternally
grateful) I can only say:

On with the show,
On with the impossible,
On with ROCKS OFF!

Ciao,
Chris
01-04-03 07:48 PM
Angiegirl Gracias Gerado! You are the best, and so are Gazza and Jaxx and all the others on this MB. I really do feel at home here. My first posts were in 1997 on the former board when Maxy gave me some info on NYC for my trip to the city for the MSG shows in January '98. 5 years ago already. Time waits for no one!

Hope to stay here, it's a nice home in the World Wide Wait
01-04-03 09:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, NONE of us on that list would be able to contribute anything, if it weren't for Gerardo, Gazza, and the sultry Jaxx.

We wouldn't have a place to play if you guys hadn't built the playground.

Hats off to you three. I'm a better person for knowing you.
01-05-03 03:41 PM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU, SWEETHEART GERARDO!!! That is REALLY nice of you to do this list and I love you and stay the fun, hard-working, and hilarious person that you are ALWAYS, ok.?!?!?! Take care, sweetie, and I will talk to you soon, alrighty?!?!?! Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON and ROCK ON!!! SMOOCH!!! SMOOCH!!! SMOOCH!!! SMOOCH!!! SMOOCH!!!

*** Martha ***
01-05-03 04:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm not a Paramedic. I'm an EMT. I'm not allowed to do invasive procedures(except to administer a prescibed Epi-pen), or to give meds(except for Epi-pens, Nitro, and O2).

I almost never run in the field, except what is required of me to keep my certification.

I am a 911 Dispatcher, Police, Fire, EMS.

I thought sirmoonie was a lawyer?
01-05-03 09:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops, I added some more!
01-05-03 11:42 PM
Angiegirl You can't resist, can you Gerardo
01-07-03 08:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No.. I can't baby!
01-08-03 10:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course we have one more: MR D for the great review and pictures from Monday and Tuesday rehearsals.
01-08-03 11:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops I also forgot John "Wood" Kitson who privided those funny pix of Keith on his ass at the Air Canada Centre

More on our archives:
http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/10-26-2002/121775-1.html
01-09-03 07:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Holy shit! There's a big big omission here, Steve aka Mr. Riffhard. He mentioned our board in front of the Stones in the press conference to announce the Licks tour in NYC on May 7, 2002. The audio and video was broadcast all over the planet.

Sorry Riffhard!

I'm working on more, I'm sure I'm missing some more.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST