ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG Parties? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
01-07-03 05:13 PM
jb You really want me to be divorced..LOl..She is not a bar type woman..she knows very little about my "Stones" life. She is more suited, should we say, for the Madison Avenue crowd...
[Edited by jb]
01-07-03 05:18 PM
parmeda LOL...I still have about 10 days to work on ya...

...and I will!
01-08-03 08:29 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
You really want me to be divorced..LOl..She is not a bar type woman..she knows very little about my "Stones" life. She is more suited, should we say, for the Madison Avenue crowd...

jb, what sort of music is the wife into??
01-08-03 10:38 AM
jb 70's disco...
01-08-03 02:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man I bet your avator was taken at a 70s Disco, eh Josh
01-08-03 02:29 PM
jb Actually Alex, it was about 6 years ago at a Lawyers dinner at the club 110 Tower in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't recall the song, but it was a slow dance....
01-08-03 02:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL Josh!

I was only Joking. Im sure it was a slow dance!

Must of been pretty hot in there though. You look a bit hot and bothered

Alex
01-08-03 03:40 PM
Maxlugar And she looks horny!

Did ya give it to her that night Josh?

I'd like to think so.

Spanky!
01-08-03 04:07 PM
nankerphelge I can't get a fucking thing done now.
We got the Stones opening up tonite.
We got MSG a scant 10 days away.
I got the tingle from the header pic.

I am seriously considering a road trip this weekend:

Pitt on Friday
Swing by the parents on Saturday in Albany
Boston on Sunday
Home on Monday.
That wouldn't suck!!

I don't think I can wait until MSG...

[Edited by nankerphelge]
01-09-03 08:11 AM
Nellcote Nanky, Sully's Beckons!
Or, a sports bar called "The Fours", right in the same area.
Watch the playoffs, then the Stones, how sweet it is!!

We will be looking for ya!
01-09-03 08:16 AM
nankerphelge Oh man you know I want to be there! I dunno though -- work is really getting in the way. I'm trying!!
01-09-03 03:08 PM
jb To bad Nanker..going to be a great show....sorry we won't get to say hello....
01-10-03 05:53 PM
Funky Punk Woman I'm going to be in NYC for the show on 1/16, may I join your party? It's not clear where it's going to be, please let me know the place and address
01-11-03 05:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm gonna miss you all!

GOD SPEED BABIES!

The party must be funnier than this http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/11-26-2002/126719-1.html

Sincerely.

01-11-03 03:19 PM
scope Well Gerardo, it certainly won't be the same. You made MSG and Giants quite memorable. I shall have a shot of tequila in your honor before the show.

Funky Punk Woman, pre-party for the 18th seems to be a definite, but the 16th is questionable. Not sure who has tickets for that one. I don't.
01-13-03 08:53 AM
nankerphelge Yes Voodoo, you shall be missed.

Now, on to more pressing matters.
YOTI or Walters or both for the 18th?
What time do we start?
[Edited by nankerphelge]
01-14-03 08:14 AM
scope Going back through this post, here is the list of Rocks Off party goers:

Scope
Nankerphelge
Tom L
Luxury1
MickJagger1963
Maxlugar
JB (?)
?????? - anyone else that hasn't yet posted here?

I'm not sure what time the party starts at Walters, but how about we do YOTI from 5 to 7 and then those that want to catch Ryan Adams head for the Garden and the others head to Walters?

Whadda u think?
01-14-03 08:27 AM
nankerphelge I like it!!
Except that 5 starting time might get adjusted back to 3 or so!!

Gotta have my obligatory pastrami sammich in NYC!!!
01-14-03 09:26 AM
luxury1 I'm there (I hope) with possibly stonecrazy from Doug's board and a reluctant husband. We shall see--
scope--the party plans sound great.
01-14-03 10:01 AM
jb EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT TIME.....E-mail me with your seat #'s and I will attemp to visit you and say hello....
01-14-03 10:30 AM
nankerphelge My seat number is 12.
Hope to see you there!!

01-14-03 11:05 AM
jb What section Nanker?
01-14-03 11:06 AM
nankerphelge Oh I'm not telling you that!!!
Guess you'll have to come to the dive bar after all!
01-14-03 11:16 AM
jb You guys are really too much....look, I can't go before the 1/18 show as the wife and i are having dinner in little Italy....Our friends were nice enough to arrange a limousine to pick us up at the hotel and I provbably won't arrive at MSG until 8:00 P.M. Thus, the oinly possible night I could make it is 1/16...and my understanding is that "your" get together(i.e. C10's) is for saturday. I know there is a "Shidoobee " get together at Walters on Wedesday....but quite frankly, aside from Doug, I have no interest in meeting any of those people as they really don't understand my humor and have been quite hostile. Thus, if you wish to say hello, I will need specific seat #'s and sections..also, name tags would be helpful...."Nanker", "Max Lugar", "Joey", "Sir Stonesalot", "Josh"......
01-14-03 11:22 AM
Nellcote Look, I'm not going to MSG, however, to help in this effort, I will be happy to offer my cell phone #, that y'all can call me with your exact location within MSG. Then, I could call JB, have him meet you at that location.
You would, however, agree to stay at that specific location, for a reasonable amount of time, say 10 minutes.
You know, travel time from the seats, etc. Tell the ushers what's happening, I'm sure they will understand.
I think it's a plan, however, I only have a small window of time to offer this, say 2015 to 2030 Sat. night, as I will need to prepare the big comfy chair, Imported Russian Vodka & OJ (what else?) before the show. I am more than happy to assist all of you in this meeting. Send me a pm for more details.....

Now, pass me that Panama, will you please?
01-14-03 11:30 AM
jb Thanks Nelly...but seriously, do you think anyone really wants to meet me...the resounding answer is no......It would be nice to say hello to a few of you, but the reality is I think most of us are quite content to keep our distance....Also, remeber, the predominant group getting together is the c10's....they have a history together and they more or less ridicule me...albeit SS is one hell of a guy...
01-14-03 11:41 AM
Nellcote JB, you are welcome. Look, anything I can do to help out a fellow Stoneser. Will you at least have a sign held high, so we can know you made it there?

01-14-03 11:47 AM
jb Your not going?
01-14-03 11:50 AM
Nellcote Busy season here, I'm passing on MSG.

Kids want to watch anyway, so I could not have the
NYC time that I would have had without them.
Attempting to bring along a new generation of fans,
in place of the rap/Brittney drivel that is omnipresent.
01-14-03 11:56 AM
scope I couldn't take it any more. I tried to resist, and tell myself to relax, that I was going to the show on Saturday and so what if I don't go on Thursday. But I just happened to go to Ticket Bastard and up popped a seat in section 125. Something suddenly came over me. My phone was ringing here in the office, people were at my door waiting to speak to me, but I just ignored them as I found myself typing away on the keyboard. I screwed up and entered some shit wrong and the tickets were released, but upon going back and trying again, the same seat came up. Now I know it was meant to be. I was destined to be at this show. How can the Stones be in my city and I not be there!

So I will definitely be in the house JB, on both nights. And contrary to your opinion, I would welcome the chance to meet ya.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST