ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Masons Yard 1965
© Gered Mankowitz from the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG Parties? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
01-02-03 10:06 PM
scope So what's the deal? Who's coming to NY and where shall we party. I got tix for the 18th and have a good lead for 1 on the 16th. Ticket or not, I'm going to the party. Can you say Yoti II?

Reply below with the show(s) you plan to attend. It's never too early to plan a party.
01-03-03 05:36 AM
luxury1 Hiya Scopey!! I plan on doing the 18th--and bringing hubster along to meet some of you. He's been wondering what the hell I've been up to on the computer--imagine that!! Bring on YOTIII.
01-03-03 03:06 PM
jb I will meet people in my hotel lobby but have decided to not attend any "official" parties for personal reasons.
[Edited by jb]
01-03-03 03:27 PM
luxury1 Oh yeah, jb, that sounds like a party...
01-03-03 03:40 PM
jb I will buy one round of drinks for up t0 10 people...figure it will cost about 125.00 dollars...I will advise of time and hotel by end of next week.
[Edited by jb]
01-03-03 08:56 PM
glencar I'll be there for the 16th with some friends. Maybe I'll finally meet up with Josh.
01-04-03 01:28 AM
~AzQb
quote:
jb wrote:
I will meet people in my hotel lobby but have decided to not attend any "official" parties for personal reasons.
[Edited by jb]

Hey iHopeYerReallyJoshin,Esq.

You'll be the only one losing out if you let your paranoia get in the way of meeting fellow RocksOffErs.

Even if you DO meet any disgruntled posters from other bords, you'll have some RockSOfF folks around who know your sense of humour and REALLYoutThere JIve.

What are you afraid of?

This is the fucking INTERNEt, Joshin'. It ain't real life. But i'll tell ya something-- meeting the people behind the facade-- tHAT's real life. And you'll adore the reality, i promise.

~
01-04-03 10:23 AM
luxury1 Uh-oh Scope! Where is everyone? I thought the 18th was gonna be the big night??!! Did everyone bail?
01-04-03 12:03 PM
nankerphelge Well Max is probably going to be scrubbing bottles is my bet.
jb has resigned himself to his hotel lobby.
Nasty said he's coming I believe.
TomL and I will be there at some point.
The other C10 are conspiring to break into jb's room while he's in the lobby -- lotta second story men in the C10!
who else??

01-04-03 01:10 PM
Stonesdoug If you're in town Friday night, come catch the Brides--they are truly amazing

January 17th - Friday Night @ Tribeca Blues Club NYC!
STONES TRIBUTE MUSIC
Show Start 10:00 PM Admission $10
Located at: 16 Warren Street [between Broadway and Church]
NYC 212 766 1070
WWW.AMDMUSIC.COM
Questions? Need more info? Contact [email protected]

More Info. on Blushing Brides at: www.TheBlushingBrides.com
01-05-03 12:03 PM
Mickjagger1963 Are there any parties for the 18th that a 16 year old can legally attend? I just got my ticket for the 18th and I want to party!
01-05-03 12:48 PM
nankerphelge 16? Hell yeah.
I can relate -- I wanted to see the Stones in '78 in Buffalo - 4th of July! I was only 15 and Keith had just been busted in Canada and they put the nix on that.
Go to YOTI -- you'll get in.
A fellow Up-Stater might even buy you a beer!
01-05-03 06:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can't believe that I'm gonna miss this.

It's killing me, you know. It's eating me like a cancer.
01-05-03 09:16 PM
Mickjagger1963 Where will the party be?
01-06-03 12:29 PM
scope 1963,
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Uh-oh Scope! Where is everyone? I thought the 18th was gonna be the big night??!! Did everyone bail?

Yeah, I thought there was going to be quite a few of us going on the 18th. Did they not get tickets? Did they change their minds? Hmmmm.
Reminds me of Hartford with just a few of us stragglers. If there's only a few of us, we can hang closer to the Garden or head over to Doug's gig at Walters.
[Edited by scope]
01-06-03 02:00 PM
jb I wil let some of you know my hotel as the event draws nearer....
01-06-03 02:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mickjagger1963 wrote:
Are there any parties for the 18th that a 16 year old can legally attend? I just got my ticket for the 18th and I want to party!

Yeah, that's my deal, too - I dunno if they'll let a youngun' in anywhere. But I look old enough, so I should be fine.

The big catchphrase, by the way, if you get questioned, is "Hey, man, I'm seeing the *Stones*. How young could I be?" As long as you get other people to buy your drinks or just don't drink at all (I'm not gonna - it'd be a little awkward with my father if I stumbled into the Fleet sloshed!) you should be all right.

-tSYX --- She had a face that could outshine the sun in the sky...
01-06-03 03:21 PM
parmeda Hiya Josh...
Do you mean to tell me that you aren't going to go and meet up with everyone at YOTI? Why Josh, why? (I ask that with my annoying whine that I have, lol...) Do you have any idea on how much fun that will be and how pissed off I AM, that I won't be able to make it out there? You've got to go!!! I swear, if I was going...I'd march my butt into your hotel lobby and drag you out by your short hairs, LMAO!
Please reconsider...I would hate to see you regret your decission.
01-06-03 03:40 PM
Mickjagger1963 savage... Are you going to 1/18?
01-06-03 03:44 PM
Maxlugar You little kids can get in to YOTI no problem because it's also a resturant. We'll get you drinky's don't worry.

I should be there on the 18th. The Little Maxlette came early so by the 18th I'll be good to go.

MAXY!
01-06-03 03:59 PM
jb Pam....I thought the party was at walters..I was not planning on attending as too many jerks from other boards are attending...I was not advised of YOTI..and after the vote here, I understood that I was underappreciated and not welcomed....I can have a great time in the Hotel Bar w/ a few friends, hop in a cab, and walk to my front row seats to the scorn of others..
01-06-03 04:02 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mickjagger1963 wrote:
savage... Are you going to 1/18?

Nope. Couldn't get tickets through Ticketbastard and my parents all of a sudden reneged on the idea, saying that A) I was probably going to Boston anyway (now definitely)and B)No show was worth whatever the scalpers were asking and they didn't trust me with however much money a guy on the street would take at the last minute. (Which I figure would have been a few bucks over face value - around $375, tops - which meant my combined money from my birthday and Christmas woulda covered it.)

Wish I could, though! I'll watch 'em on TV that night.

-tSYX --- ...and this is the band you're going to see! *Hwaayyhh*!
01-06-03 04:16 PM
Maxlugar Josh, typically only Rocks Off people go to YOTI so you should be safe.

Most people from Rocks Off hate you but not in the way that they'd get violent.

You will drink with us or forever be labelled a coward.

Some might call you a Nancy Boy and pussy.

So get to YOTI!

It's always great to see these people in person! Joey and I had a great time and I considered him a friend while I was in CLEVELAND. Then he went right back to stealing my posts and I went right back to calling him a scumbag hack poster when we got home. It's the law of the 'net.

Come Josh, come to YOTI.

Or not....

But if you don't, I for one will be disappointed and can not be held responsible for my posts to you afterwards.

MACKY!!
01-06-03 04:22 PM
jb When is the party..before each show? What time? Where is it located?
01-06-03 04:24 PM
parmeda Josh...you just have to go, that's all there is to it. Go and have a great time. Don't make me get on a plane and pull your hair damn it, LOL...

(psst, Max...give me time, I'm workin' on him!)
01-06-03 04:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
When is the party..before each show? What time? Where is it located?

Before the 18th show. Its right next door to Mookie's Cookie Nook. Ask for Jude, she'll show you "the time."

Have fun, chowboy!
01-06-03 04:27 PM
jb Is that across from MSG?
01-06-03 04:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Is that across from MSG?

No, its up near Central Park. Its a cab ride from MSG. Maxy will set you straight, IF you PROMISE to go.

You can jump in a cab with me, nankie, and Sir Stoney. It'll blow your little mind. "Moof piss!" you can say to the cabbie. He'll know where to go.

Ah....memories of the Yote. Chillin' in the doorway with my niggie nankie, slinging a Guinnie, and like bees to honey along comes Maxy, then Scopey, then Gazzaie, then I got too drunk to remember who came next....

sigh.....

I feel like diving out the fucking window knowing that I can't be there.

MSG like a MTF!
01-06-03 05:02 PM
jb Unfortunately, thats too far away for me.....This Walters place is supposedly only a very short walk from MSG....
01-06-03 05:03 PM
parmeda jb....don't make me call United.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST