ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whats your fave Keith performance vocal? Return to archive
January 16th, 2006 07:46 AM
Jair Considering just the vocal, my vote goes to "All about you"

As song, my fave is Before they make me run...

January 16th, 2006 07:48 AM
speedfreakjive You Got The Silver, for vocals, amazing....
January 16th, 2006 07:52 AM
Jumacfly Salt of the earth.
Sure the one you need.
This place is empty.
hate it when you leave.
January 16th, 2006 07:59 AM
Gazza on a Stones album, my favourite SONG with Keith on lead vocals would be Before They Make Me Run (although i prefer Memory Motel, if that counts as he sings on part of it)

For best actual vocal performance : Thru & Thru and Slipping Away

Solo : Hate It When You Leave is every bit as great a song as anything he ever sang on on a Stones record. It may be a Motown pastiche, but I've never heard one done as beautifully.
January 16th, 2006 10:37 AM
voodoopug favorite keith vocal performance on a studio release: Coming Down Again
January 16th, 2006 11:50 AM
Ihavelotsajam Vocal-wise, Thru and Thru;

Song-wise, Thru and Thru.

And Before they make me run, also.
January 16th, 2006 12:07 PM
tumbling dice
Best song is Little T & A live from 81!
January 16th, 2006 01:12 PM
PeerQueer You Got The Silver...what a beautiful beautiful song.

As to live - has to be Slipping Away, though I'm looking forward to hearing This Place Is Empty as that is a lovely bit of music as well. Attended funeral services a few days ago where they played it during the slide show retrospective. I didn't know the deceased all that well, (went to support a friend who did) but man, that tune played at the services brought the entire place to tears. Keith's ballads, when he hits it right, man, they just connect on a deeper level than most his contemporaries can accomplish. Dare I say, he even rivals the great B. Dylan in that regard.

January 16th, 2006 01:35 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
favorite keith vocal performance on a studio release: Coming Down Again

right, and my fav live version is All About You
January 16th, 2006 03:24 PM
rough-justice Jair totally agree with U on this one.
All About You is such an emotional song, and seeing him perform it live sent some cold shivers down my spine.
January 16th, 2006 05:30 PM
texile its tough call - but happy is keith's signature song for me....it just SOUNDS happy;
but all about you is priceless - his voice is so creaky its endearing.
all keith's vocal performances have that quality - so its hard for me to pick my favorite after happy.
January 16th, 2006 05:33 PM
texile
quote:
rough-justice wrote:
Jair totally agree with U on this one.
All About You is such an emotional song, and seeing him perform it live sent some cold shivers down my spine.

he played it in fort worth, 99 - and my friend and i FREAKED - it was such a surprise, we were the only ones in our section who knew it and we literally screamed.......
it was the highlight for me.
January 16th, 2006 07:40 PM
Saint Sway I think his vocals on "We Had It All" are my favorite. Very passionate. Very moving.

On "Wicked As It Seems" he sounds like such a bad ass mofo! So coo!!!

Its as if you can hear the weathered lines on his face and his torn & frayed soul coming to life thru his raspy, smokey voice. That vocal delivery and that song just encapsulates his whole outlaw image to perfection.
January 16th, 2006 08:49 PM
Soldatti Before They Make Me Run
You Got The Silver
Locked Away
Hate It When You Leave
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)