ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Killers Return to archive
January 14th, 2006 09:14 AM
speedfreakjive Is anyone else of the opinion that these are the best band around at the moment, i think a new album is due this year.

BTW - i haven't heard The Strokes new one yet.
January 14th, 2006 09:22 AM
Jumacfly Saw them live last summer and was amazed to see such an overrated band. No offense mate but they didn t make the comparison with Interpol for example.
if you like the Killers what do you think about Franz Ferdinand?
But may be they re better in studio, I haven t heard their record except their 2 similar singles.

cheers
January 14th, 2006 09:25 AM
speedfreakjive Franz Ferdinand - ok, but its too art rock for me, the riff to "Take Me Out" sounds like i heard it before somewhere, like it was one riff one of the great bands forgot about, or overlooked.
January 14th, 2006 09:58 AM
Ihavelotsajam I would agree they are overrated, and their album is filled with underwhelming songs, but with that said, I gotta admit there hasn't been a song as unbelievably CATCHY as 'Somebody told me' in QUITE a while. Maybe only I Predict a Riot comes close in the past couple of years in terms of catchiness.

I think FF had a better debut album than Killers, but now? UGH. They already seem over to me.
January 14th, 2006 10:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
I would agree they are overrated, and their album is filled with underwhelming songs, but with that said, I gotta admit there hasn't been a song as unbelievably CATCHY as 'Somebody told me' in QUITE a while. Maybe only I Predict a Riot comes close in the past couple of years in terms of catchiness.

I think FF had a better debut album than Killers, but now? UGH. They already seem over to me.

Interesting point.Need to hear their record in integrality.
"this fire" got a pure intensity too but wasn t released as a single.
"Do you want to " is the worst song of the new FF.
the rest is consistant and enjoyable. especially the guitar work and the drums.
January 14th, 2006 11:00 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
I would agree they are overrated, and their album is filled with underwhelming songs, but with that said, I gotta admit there hasn't been a song as unbelievably CATCHY as 'Somebody told me' in QUITE a while. Maybe only I Predict a Riot comes close in the past couple of years in terms of catchiness.

The best song by the Killers to me is, Andy, You're A Star - the one that goes "ive got soul, but i'm not a soldier"
January 14th, 2006 11:14 AM
Dick Bush Good points. Actually, very good points:

http://www.derholgi.de/videos/chimp.mpg
January 14th, 2006 11:16 AM
Ihavelotsajam Isn't the "I got soul" thing on 'All these things I've Done'?
I have to admit I don't even remember how Andy You're a Star goes anymore...
Smile Like you mean it was nice for me, but again, too many "meh" tunes on the album overall.
January 14th, 2006 02:57 PM
glencar I find even their big hit single is overrated.
January 15th, 2006 12:47 AM
IanBillen
The Killers IMO are quite over-rated. I am not too crazy about this style of music. I heard it before when it was big in the early eighties and I wasn't nuts about it then. I really think Franz Ferdinand is better, actually.

Ian
January 15th, 2006 01:30 AM
Zack I quite like the Kaiser Chiefs' one Employment, which I picked up recently. More memorble than the Killers if you ask me.
January 15th, 2006 03:18 AM
texile my favorite: under the gun...
i like them better than the strokes -
who became a little too cute.
January 15th, 2006 07:13 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Zack wrote:
I quite like the Kaiser Chiefs' one Employment, which I picked up recently. More memorble than the Killers if you ask me.

Yes, I like it too, its more upbeat; I find it perfect for listening to in the day.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)