ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - Jan 13 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 13th, 2006 11:00 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Rs. com has IORR as #2 and TD after LSTNT, No song after MR, straight to Keith, othewise correct. Great job Riffy!!. LJ you have been temporarily replaced... (naught!!)

I have just been cutting and pasting via Shidoobee. Great setlist,and long at that!

Riffy
January 13th, 2006 11:07 PM
glencar Much better setlist. It's nice to see some changes. Now if they'd only replace a couple of the warhorses...
January 13th, 2006 11:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG I'm happy.... Bring on NYC!!!!
January 13th, 2006 11:10 PM
glencar Not too afst though! I need to savor it.
January 13th, 2006 11:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Have you figured out a way to slow down time? I need your secret.....
O.K. Let the next three days go by very quickly, then we will use your secret method to "savor" the next 4 days!!
January 13th, 2006 11:28 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Have you figured out a way to slow down time? I need your secret.....
O.K. Let the next three days go by very quickly, then we will use your secret method to "savor" the next 4 days!!

Are you kidding? It seems to go by faster every year!
January 13th, 2006 11:33 PM
taz22 Given no Night Time in the set list tonight.....could Gimmer Shelter be around the corner?

Also, it should be noted that "It's All over Now" was done at the soundcheck in Montreal!
January 14th, 2006 12:13 AM
voodoopug
quote:
taz22 wrote:
Given no Night Time in the set list tonight.....could Gimmer Shelter be around the corner?

Also, it should be noted that "It's All over Now" was done at the soundcheck in Montreal!

I suspect Lisa had a cold....this happend at the Roseland Ballroom show on Licks as Lisa did not perform that night, thus no songs that required her vocals
January 14th, 2006 12:40 AM
NHStonesfan I was there no night time was a plus and ADTL, Respectable and LSTNT was a huge bonus
January 14th, 2006 01:12 AM
lotsajizz just back...the setlist posted in this thread is wrong in that it leaves out Tumbling Dice, which was the fourth tune...great show...especially 'Rambler' and 'Rain Fall Down'....more tomorrow...fatigue
January 14th, 2006 01:31 AM
bootcover

January 14th, 2006 01:40 AM
Nellcote Just got back from Gahden I.....
Outstanding on all parts.
Just sat back from the loge and soaked it all in...
Not one thing left to be desired..
LSTNT was GREAT!
As Tears Go By brings the arena to the quietest I've ever witnessed at a Stones show, Tim Reis joins Chuck on keyboards..
Respectable featured a blistering lead by Ronnie..
Rain Fall Down was good, Mick out front
The highlight was Midnite Rambler, never grows old.
Mick gave a shout out the Patriots, which got crowd going...
Met up with Luxy & Throbby, had beers & grub with Wintah..
Couldn't locate you Jizz....

On To Round II of the "sandwich weekend", the NFL Playoffs today, then Gahden II Sunday......
All in all, a Wicked Pissa night......
January 14th, 2006 01:47 AM
lotsajizz yeah....what Peter said, and a few observations besides....

1. Jumping Jack Flash--nice opener, if not a surprise, Keith really loud in the mix
2. It's Only Rock n'Roll---it rocks much better nowadays, Keith with the Berry licks down pat, the guitars cranked WAY up, the crowd always loves it and sings along and they obviously like to play it, a good job--especially by Keith on the solo
3. Let’s Spend The Night Together---tour debut, Keith loud in the mix still....backing vocalist heard but not yet seen
4. Tumbling Dice--Lisa and the the backups and the horns come out, Keith on fire, much better than Fenway II...a solid version of this warhorse
5. Oh No, Not You Again--Mick pulls out new moves for the new song
6. As Tears Go By--“a real old song” Mick said “in fact they don't get much older than this!”...Keith on a stool at center stage with acoustic, he starts it, Mick comes in, there is a second keyboardist here playing synth orchestra---is it Clifford?!? I gotta tell ya---it looked like him!!! then I realized with relief it was Tim Reis!!! anyway, after the Glimmer Twin opening, the band comes in for the second verse...very nice, especially Mick’s vocals
7. Rain Fall Down--solid funk, they nailed it, Daryl’s solo was cool, Mick and Keith actually played to each other for a few bars
8. All Down The Line--crunching Keith riffs, perfect Woody solo
9. Midnight Rambler--great new spooky Daryl bass pattern during the prelude to Mick’s “oh yeah!”’s before the climax, Mick screamed the hell out of the crowd give-and-take portion....as he did so, he came down the stage runway.....if I squinted out his lines, it was 1972, 1975, 1999, whatever...all times rolled into one...nice weaving by the axe masters here but Keith still the golden boy tonight, especially in the mix department.....btw, Mick’s harp playing gets better and better
INTROS
10.This Place Is Empty--too slow...the novelty wears off quick, bring back ‘Infamy’...but a nice Wood solo
11.Happy--much better, Woody with the lap slide solo this time, Keith posing, nice
12.Miss You--Mick with the wrap around mike, get used to it folks, it is clear he likes it, nice weaving again but Mick the star here...and the stage moves out to thirty feet from me...I am at waist level with band and think my wife likes this angle!...anyway.....
13.Respectable--Keith with some amp problems and unheard in the first verse, but then kicks it on and the weave commences...bitchin’ runs
14.Get Off Of My Cloud--bouncy, Charlie the engineer here, Woody accentuating the Brian lead parts...Mick prancing about leading us with arms in the air on the chorus
15.Honky Tonk Women--Keith one handing the intro, facing Nellcote’s section, not the usual through-the-motions version, it ripped, the stage retreats back
16.Sympathy For The Devil-- a tad sloppy, Keith late on the first bridge, but makes up for with extra volume, posing, and soloing...weaving with Ronnie at the end, Mick adds the falsetto ‘go insane’ ending following a brief ‘woo-woo’ duet with lisa at center stage
17.Start Me Up--nailed it, god is it just me or is Keith on fire!!!
18.Brown Sugar--yup, Keith’s blazin’....Keys hits the solo perfectly and the Mick-meister plays the crowd with the ‘woo-wooo-whoooooo’s
19.You Can’t Always Get What You Want--Keith’s opening notes perfect, the trumpet not so perfect, Tim Reis on synthesized organ with that big fat Hammond sound
20.Satisfaction--insanity at the end, Mick and Keith run from side to side and back again

general impressions---a solid 8.5 on the 10 scale, good mix good sound, loud, lotsa confetti at end...some people almost buried by clumps of it, more Mick-Keith interaction than seen in a while, ‘Rain Falls Down’ is great--fuck the naysayers, too much traffic....got there late, missed Nellcote and could not find him but traded cell phone calls....little security, not much patdown, the flask of Hennessey XO made it in and a big gulp at the bowl when the lights went down and I was set!! I hope to do better in the socialization department this time but the wife and I had a great “date” night out

[Edited by lotsajizz]
January 14th, 2006 01:59 AM
lotsajizz btw, Mick asked the crowd coyly if they knew the band was playing the Super Bowl and then added that he expected to see all of us there as the Patriots would be back! as a Raider fan I could only shrug and sigh but I am sure Nellcote loved that comment!

also--unusually warm outside, 60F when we left the show after 11 PM...I think in '03 when we left it was 5F

not 50

fahrenheit

[Edited by lotsajizz]
January 14th, 2006 02:31 AM
erikjjf
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I suspect Lisa had a cold....this happend at the Roseland Ballroom show on Licks as Lisa did not perform that night, thus no songs that required her vocals

Lisa was very present at Roseland. At the Tower in Philly, however, she was not.
January 14th, 2006 02:33 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Is that the first 'Respectable' this tour?

That it is.
January 14th, 2006 05:12 AM
Flairville Did 'LSTNT' start with guitars or by keyboard?
January 14th, 2006 06:22 AM
Nellcote Jizz, you nailed it brilliantly.
January 14th, 2006 07:39 AM
chevysales well just grabbed a single in section c row 7 last night (sunday) looking forward to it .

i can be "happy" with that setlist... it's the thought of the damn patriots at another superbowl i can't live with
[Edited by chevysales]
January 14th, 2006 07:50 AM
Nellcote Chevy~Sully's across from the Gahden, BE THERE!
January 14th, 2006 08:17 AM
corgi37 Sounds like an amazing show. I am glad they ditched Night time. I mean, it aint like Ray Charles died yesterday! Why not a Johnny Cash song? Hey, why not a Mama Cass song?

Hope you all liked it and had a ball.

I am typing with gritted teeth, as i am very, very jealous.
January 14th, 2006 09:47 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Did 'LSTNT' start with guitars or by keyboard?

guitar, Keith

January 14th, 2006 09:53 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I hope they dont play Rainy Day Women, personally. I just think it sounds potentially awful

A soul/R&B cover as theyve been doing up to now will do nicely for me. I think they also rehearsed a Sly and The Family Stone song back in August (I think it was 'Theres a Riot Goin' On). THAT is something that has potential.

It was "Thank You (Falettinmebemicelfagin)" or however the hell you spell THAT - mentioned in the Time or Newsweek story. They were playing it when the journalist showed up at rehearsal. And YEAH, that has a LOT of potential.

January 14th, 2006 09:55 AM
mac_daddy nice reportin, jizz! thanks. sounds like a blast!!!
January 14th, 2006 10:16 AM
nankerphelge Wow what a setlist!

What a catalog

what a band!
January 14th, 2006 10:21 AM
gimmekeef Sounds like a great time had by all!....Nice set changes..Just lose TD or Miss You and drop in Gimme and perhaps Slave...aand I'd be very happy...
January 14th, 2006 10:43 AM
lotsajizz I think Gimme Shelter will return when Lisa recovers from her cold...btw, more flashbacks from last night--1) she may have been sick but she sounded gorgeous on YCAGWYW, and 2) Chuck's piano on SFTD has GOT to go!! ugh

January 14th, 2006 11:19 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

guitar, Keith

Actually, from my seat in Loge 4 "Spend the Night" was started by Chuck on the keys. Maybe the mix was different in other locations. ?

My opinion of this show is marred by NOTHING! It was fantastic.

"Let's Spend the Night Together" was a huge surprise and I loved it. It's basically the same arrangement as the Bridges tour version. I had a blast during this tune cuz it's my fave Stones song - not their best, I know, but still my favorite.

"All Down The Line" - I love this song! I can't remember ever being at a show that included this one (unless I had had one too many beers at shows in the past LOL) and I loved hearing it last night.

"As Tears Go By" was AWESOME!!!!!!! The reaction this one got was fantastic. I think this one has found a home in the set - it's a crowd pleaser. When Keith starts strumming the acoustic, it's a little hard to tell what song is up but when Mick starts singing the first line the crowd went nuts and then, as previously mentioned, got really quiet to listen and gently sing along. IT'S SUCH A GREAT SONG LIVE. It really is a nice addition and of course it's a first for me.

"Rambler" - Holy crap! This one was great. The crowd really cheered when Mick started blowing his harp. Great song.

"Happy" - God it was nice to hear this one again!!!!!!

"Miss You" - well, I guess we had to have this one again cuz in truth, the majority of the crowd loves it. I can do without it to be honest but it pleased the crowd.

"Respectable" - It was a surprise to hear this one as well and it appeared that they weren't all that confident on it. It came out okay though.

"Cloud" - Another first for me. God it was nice to finally get to see/hear this one live. I can see why it remains in the set - the crowd pumps it's fists and screams the chorus as one! This song, in a word is FUN!

"Honky" - just an observation. I was seated in lower arena Loge 4 with a great full-on view of the main stage and of course a great view of the B-stage. At the beginning of this song, you know that riff Keith does to tell Mick to start singing? Well, Keith did it but Mick didn't start singing... so Keith keeps strumming the open chord again and they look at each other. I could see Mick's face but Keith was facing the other way. It seemed like Keith was expecting Mick to start singing but Mick was waiting for that riff (which, Keith had already done) so Mick just smiles and kind gestures to Keith's guitar and Keith had to re-do that riff... then Mick starts singing. I love this kind of stuff!

"Devil" - This one was also a highlight, in my opinion. As the percussion starts and then Chuck does his piano thing, the crowd starts doing the "woo woo" all on its own. Mick comes out and encourages the audience to keep it up. At the end of this one, Mick does that screaming ad-lib thing kind of in falsetto. I don't remember if he did that at the Fenway shows but I noticed it last night - he was really performing this one.

God the Garden 1 show was FANTASTIC. I can't say enough good stuff about it. Tonight, it's the playoff game Patriots vs. Denver and then Sunday it's back to the Garden for another go. As fate would have it, I am again sitting in Loge 4.
January 14th, 2006 11:24 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Jerry in Boston wrote:

Actually, from my seat in Loge 4 "Spend the Night" was started by Chuck on the keys. Maybe the mix was different in other locations. ?

you're probably right, maybe we did not hear Chuck before Keith, as I said Keith was way loud in the mix on this one and the sound was not 100% perfect -- a little swirl at times

btw, nice observation on the HTW Mick-Keith exchanged-looks...I chuckled as they both looked and Keith waited for Mick to sing and Mick waited for the cue to come around again!!

January 14th, 2006 11:47 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

you're probably right, maybe we did not hear Chuck before Keith, as I said Keith was way loud in the mix on this one and the sound was not 100% perfect -- a little swirl at times

btw, nice observation on the HTW Mick-Keith exchanged-looks...I chuckled as they both looked and Keith waited for Mick to sing and Mick waited for the cue to come around again!!

Yep, you are right about the sound. It did kind of swirl a bit. In my location I heard the piano first.

Yeah, that thing in HTW was funny. I do love that kind of stuff at Stones shows. Sometimes you think a song is going to grind to a halt but this band always finds a way to keep it going and get back to where they belong and finish them off. I love that kind of stuff - it's small and insignificant in the grand scheme of a show but it makes every show different in a small way. Sort of... LOL
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)