ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Madison Square Garden, NYC - January 18, 2006
© Sweet Virginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Opening New Bar with nothing but STONES music.... Return to archive
January 13th, 2006 12:05 AM
RollingstonesUSA I'm getting ready to open Loving Cup Bar, in Columbia, SC, where there will be nothing but STONES music, me and a very good friend of mine are opening it together, everything is in place, it will open Feb.7....
January 13th, 2006 12:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Good luck! Congratulations
January 13th, 2006 12:12 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Good luck! Congratulations

I hope it is successful, thanks, the reason we r doing this is the people down here in the south need more GOOD MUSIC!!!!

P.S. I'm from Boston....lol
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
January 13th, 2006 12:14 AM
RollingstonesUSA We r looking for a tribute band to open up with, any suggestions.... or who I can get in contact with....
January 13th, 2006 12:15 AM
IanBillen [quote]RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I'm getting ready to open Loving Cup Bar, in Columbia, SC, where there will be nothing but STONES music, me and a very good friend of mine are opening it together, everything is in place, it will open Feb.7....

I think the name of your bar is fantastic! Cheers to you. Hmmmm, Lets see. I will day dream for a minute and ponder what I would do If I had the great oppprtunity you have. I think, If I were in your position I may mix alot of Stones with other music from other groups. Wouldn't want to burn everyone out on Stones. Then when The Stones do come on you realize it is the good stuff. Top shelf so to speak. Or atleast after the grand opening. Oh well. Just a thought. Again Cheers to you and the new joint.

Ian
January 13th, 2006 12:17 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I'm getting ready to open Loving Cup Bar, in Columbia, SC, where there will be nothing but STONES music, me and a very good friend of mine are opening it together, everything is in place, it will open Feb.7....

I think the name of your bar is fantastic! Cheers to you. Hmmmm, Lets see. I will day dream for a minute and ponder what I would do If I had the great oppprtunity you have. I think, If I were in your position I may mix alot of Stones with other music from other groups. Wouldn't want to burn everyone out on Stones. Then when The Stones do come on you realize it is the good stuff. Top shelf so to speak. Or atleast after the grand opening. Oh well. Just a thought. Again Cheers to you and the new joint.

Ian

Many Thanks! What should be the first Stones song....lol, though question!
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
January 13th, 2006 12:18 AM
voodoopug first song should be loving cup!
January 13th, 2006 12:19 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
first song should be loving cup!

Deck me in the face....WOW! I lost my train of thought when asking that....lol
January 13th, 2006 12:21 AM
RollingstonesUSA Ok, diff question,lol what should be the first Keith song?
January 13th, 2006 12:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Ok, diff question,lol what should be the first Keith song?

Thru and Thru
January 13th, 2006 10:59 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!

Brilliant idea!! Thank you for having the balls to open this bar!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
January 13th, 2006 11:11 AM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Thru and Thru

No way, has to be HAPPY, as in you'll happily be making some good coin on over priced PBR's (I hope for your sake)
January 13th, 2006 11:36 AM
glencar Columbia? is that a hotbed of Stonesphiles? Why noy Myrtle Beach?
January 13th, 2006 11:55 AM
FPM C10 Wow. What a great idea. I agree with some of the suggestions put forth already - first song "Loving Cup", first Keith song "Happy". To mix up the musical menu I would only play the Stones' influences (Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed, etc) once in awhile. A GREAT stereo played LOUD is a must.

MAN. If I lived anywhere near Columbia I would be in your establishment all the time!

Will it look anything like this?
January 13th, 2006 09:31 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Wow. What a great idea. I agree with some of the suggestions put forth already - first song "Loving Cup", first Keith song "Happy". To mix up the musical menu I would only play the Stones' influences (Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed, etc) once in awhile. A GREAT stereo played LOUD is a must.

MAN. If I lived anywhere near Columbia I would be in your establishment all the time!

Will it look anything like this?

LOL!!!!
January 13th, 2006 09:48 PM
Gimme Shelter Very cool, I'll be there
January 15th, 2006 02:27 AM
RollingstonesUSA Anybody live in or near SC....
January 15th, 2006 03:53 PM
glencar I often vacation down there but in the Myrtle Beach area where I have family.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)